Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

dating in your 30's

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 26 and i've been dating girls in the early 20's and its been good but I can't seem to get things to be serious, so I'm gonna start dating women in the early to mid 30's, anyone have any idea what women are like at this age (major differences from the 20 year olds ?)

Should I just wait, continue dating the women I'm already dating (girls in the 20's) and work on myself (financially) until I actually hit 30 to start dating women in their 30's.

I'm becoming bored with short term relationships so I would like to seriously date one woman but I feel like I'm forced to date up to find someone to be serious with (I'm not to happy about it but I feel like I'm forced).

Evan_M

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick with the younger girls. The older women get the more they expect of a man. Nothing wrong with that but it puts a damper on trying to find a 'fun' girl. Older women also will drive you nuts with all of their testing.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evan_M said:
Stick with the younger girls. The older women get the more they expect of a man. Nothing wrong with that but it puts a damper on trying to find a 'fun' girl. Older women also will drive you nuts with all of their testing.
That testing is only done by women who've been hurt in the past and haven't gotten over it. Women of any age will do that if they are still carrying baggage.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
I'm becoming bored with short term relationships so I would like to seriously date one woman but I feel like I'm forced to date up to find someone to be serious with (I'm not to happy about it but I feel like I'm forced).
Why do you want a serious relationship? Emotional connection? Lack a focus in other areas of your life? You're only 26. I guess the average age guys get married is at 27 (in US... but like 33 in Europe countries), but you still have a lot of things you can do before getting serious. All the work you put into a serious relationship you can't take with you when it's over. But if you pick up a new hobby or further your career or whatever (self-improvement), you can take that with you. I don't know, it just sounds better than dating a 30 year old woman for the sake of having a serious relationship and having nothing to show for it when it's over.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
blueguy said:
Why do you want a serious relationship? Emotional connection? Lack a focus in other areas of your life? You're only 26. I guess the average age guys get married is at 27 (in US... but like 33 in Europe countries), but you still have a lot of things you can do before getting serious. All the work you put into a serious relationship you can't take with you when it's over. But if you pick up a new hobby or further your career or whatever (self-improvement), you can take that with you. I don't know, it just sounds better than dating a 30 year old woman for the sake of having a serious relationship and having nothing to show for it when it's over.
I guess this guy doesn't understand what love is....

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
I guess this guy doesn't understand what love is....
Meeeeow,..

Define 'serious relationship'. You know what guys in long term, "serious relationships" confide in me all the time? They say "Damn Mr. Tomassi, I wish I could get with a tight little 22 y.o. so I can get back to having sex without worrying whether or not I took the trash out last night."

You're 26, don't consider monogamy until you're at least 30.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I just wait, continue dating the women I'm already dating (girls in the 20's) and work on myself (financially) until I actually hit 30 to start dating women in their 30's.
If you are in your 30s...you should STILL date women in their 20s...perhaps mid to upper 20s.

You don't have any idea what you are getting into with women in their 30s. That's perhaps the worst age group to date (unless you married her while she was still in her 20s)...followed closely to women near their menopause years (40s+).

niceguydying

Don Juan
Reaction score
This subject come up with an older female friend of mine. She is in her late forties and I was telling her that women around my age LOOK OLD and weathered. So it's easy for me... I am looking for mid twenties which is about right. Take a women in her thirties, if she has no kids which is good to me and never been married, there is a reason why. She must have some major issues. I know this is a broad generalization. Back to my female friend. She almost seemed like I was being harsh about older women and I really wasn't. Some people just do not take care of themselves.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me...

...you'll go back to the 20's. ;)

Women in their 30's have a lot together. Since I've never carded a woman, I just try to pick the one that I think is less crazy out of the bunch, OR the one with the less baggage....

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am 32 and have dated from 21 - 42. Here is my summary, in one area at least: Women in their 20s tend to be more wishy washy, the older the women get the more straight forward they become.

Younger woman saying she's not interested : "I am busy"

Older woman saying she's not interested: "I'm sorry but I dont think its going to work out, good luck!"

Younger woman saying she wants to sleep with you: "We can go to a movie or go get a drink or do something else." or "Can I crash at your place on the couch?"

Older woman saying she wants to sleep with you: "I really need some bad, how quick can you get here!? 15 minutes? That's not quick enough!!!!"

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
I am 32 and have dated from 21 - 42. Here is my summary, in one area at least: Women in their 20s tend to be more wishy washy, the older the women get the more straight forward they become.

Younger woman saying she's not interested : "I am busy"

Older woman saying she's not interested: "I'm sorry but I dont think its going to work out, good luck!"

Younger woman saying she wants to sleep with you: "We can go to a movie or go get a drink or do something else." or "Can I crash at your place on the couch?"

Older woman saying she wants to sleep with you: "I really need some bad, how quick can you get here!? 15 minutes? That's not quick enough!!!!"
Ha ha, great post. This is so true.

THOUGH... it should be said that many older women, especially those with an issue or two, are just as wishy-washy.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So true.

I went out with a 30 year old yesterday. As we're walking along, she basically shoves herself under my arm.

Later, she smiles and stands two inches from my face until I kiss her. There's no chance of rejection. Life is so simple with a 30 year old woman.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops!

I've found that age really IS nothing but a NUMBER. I've dated women for the past 10 months or so from the ages of 19 to 41. The older ones were just as silly, flakey, confused, and self-absorbed as what you would THINK a younger girl would be.

And the younger ones were just as bitter, emotionally damaged, sexually inhibited, and had just as many kids as you would THINK an older woman would have.LOL

So soldier, my advice to you is to keep dating women of all ages. Don't rule OUT, or pencil IN any babe just based on her "age". You never know from which direction the ideal woman to fit your life will come from.

Dude, I got women all over the place thinking I'm far younger than I really am. The secret to this has mostly been in my jeans (errr sorry...I meant GENES. LOL)

My plan is usually to reel them in with WHO I am. And once I've got'em, THEN decide whether or not I should consider keeping them. I think you should have a similiar mindset as you go about meeting women. Don't worry OVERLY much about their specific age, just see if she "DOES IT" for you.

I suggest that you consider how compatible overall you are to a babe before you make decisions on whether or not you should pursue something more permanent with her. And by the way, the only thing that YOU should be "serious" about at the early stages of a relationship is finding out exactly how "seriously" this chick is INTO YOU.

In conclusion, I've found that AGE in a woman is only an amplifier or a magnifier:

Unless she's a very spiritually sensitive or self-motivated woman, whatever kind of person she is at 20, she'll just become increasingly MORE that way by the time she reaches 30 and 40.

Peace...one day.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited I like your advice !! I'm a bit discouraged that age is only a magnifyer of what a girl already is.

Unless she's a very spiritually sensitive or self-motivated woman, whatever kind of person she is at 20, she'll just become increasingly MORE that way by the time she reaches 30 and 40.
Most (not all) women I get to know are manipulative, ignorant, inconsiderate, selfish etc. usually the ones that are attractive (I'm attracted to physically)..

I was just thinking men as we age we become better people because we want to. We get bored partying having meaningless sex all the time (for the most part) and want to become more in life.

Women (for the most part) seem to only become better or grow up when they are forced to do so.

As bitter as that may sound, I'm not, maybe its just how men and women perceive and live life..

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang in there Drum & Bass.

A lot of people say "it's a numbers game." Which is true. But I'm also a firm believer that it's a "faith" game too. I believe that courageous convictions will drive your "dream" into existence (that's a line from an old RUSH song. I think it was called "Elevate from the Norm" it's from the album "Moving Pictures".)

Anyway, enough music talk! lol

I know what you mean by discouragement though. People usually only change when they have a strong enough reason WHY. Other than that, I too have found that most GORGEOUS chicks have had no need to develop character and a good personality because their looks have always paid their way.

The trick now is to find that girl who has "learned her lesson" and now is ready to recognize and appreciate the value of a man of substance. It seems like a neverending battle, soldier, but I still feel like it's win-able!

And so do you.

How do I know this?

Because both I and YOU wouldn't be on this website, honing our skills, and equipping ourselves with the tools we need to capture a Babe with qualities worth keeping.

MARCH ON!!!!!

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Unless she's a very spiritually sensitive or self-motivated woman, whatever kind of person she is at 20, she'll just become increasingly MORE that way by the time she reaches 30 and 40."

That is...assuming you or somebody else has the chance to help her keep those ways. But...a woman that is in her 30s or 40s and STILL alone (or gone through several divorces) is NOT a woman that will keep the high spirits she had in her 20s.

I do know that if you have that woman in her 20s...and managed to keep her while she is in her 30s...she will become more mature in a good way. The only problem is this: we as men change from our 20s to our 30s. And the likelihood of staying with that woman goes down the drain. That's what happened to me.

Therefore, if you are in your 30s...and you manage to find a great woman in her 20s...you will be able to HELP HER adapt to her changes. While at the same time you will be reaching your 40s (men going from 30s to 40s is already mature) and both of you reaching optimun maturity simultaneously.

As I said...a woman that is in her 30s and 40s...and you just met...has gone through a lot of crap. That's why they are alone. And that crap has an effect on them. Furthermore, they are smart enough as to show you what you want to see. And dating is one thing...having a LIFE with that person is another.

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a guy in his late 30's I've dated women from 21 up to 36. The 36 year old was great. She was one of the most easy going and self-confident women I'd ever met. Plus she had a great face and nice rack. Too bad it didn't work out, though. The 21 year old had a great rack, too, but she turned out to be two-faced (and this is typical of the women from that state in the midwest). I've had the most success with women in their mid to late 20s. I'm still up for dating almost anyone over 18, but please leave the fuglies at home.

Oh, and V-U, the song you're thinking of is "Vital Signs." It's the final song on "Moving Pictures." I just read over the weekend that the song was included on MP almost as an afterthought and was recorded in one take. Great song all around. As a matter of fact, I listened to the song a few hours ago. :rockon: