Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dashcam video shows man's fatal encounter with Bridgeton police

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without getting into a big discussion over this particular incident. In general, I don't like cops that freak out because a motorist has a gun in a glove box or a concealed carry. I don't like cops that dump multiple rounds into someone they encounter before there is any indication at all of any weapon or threat.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Without getting into a big discussion over this particular incident. In general, I don't like cops that freak out because a motorist has a gun in a glove box or a concealed carry. I don't like cops that dump multiple rounds into someone they encounter before there is any indication at all of any weapon or threat.
^^BINGO

If you can't think critically under high stress situations like this then you have no business being a cop.

I stopped a guy one night driving around a closed park at 2:00am. When I walked up to the car the driver immediately, while still sitting in the car, show me a knife in his right hand. I put my hand on my gun and unsnapped it. I said "Sir, please drop the knife outside the window and show me your hands". He complied. I kicked the knife away from the vehicle. The guy told me he had been told to always disclose any weapon you may have to an officer if an officer pulled you over..

NOW, per the police academy, he had a weapon in his hand and at the distance I was from him that knife could have been lunged at me and killed me.. But, I took into account the angle he was from me, and I was standing in place that would have been very hard for him to hit me with the knife from his right hand.. Now, put the knife in the left hand and we would have a different and more deadly angle cuz the left hand can be stuck outside the open car window with knife in it.

Moral of the story: I probably could have basted this guy with two rounds and hand a justified shoot. But I did what's called CRITICAL THINKING UNDER PRESSURE and it worked to my and his advantage. There are too many cops who can not do this. Officer Day was one of them.

I ended up giving the guy a verbal for being in the park, I retrieved the knife and placed it in his trunk for him, and sent him on his way back home to his family.. It was a good day..

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Thats valid. However it was two guys in the hood, who have the "thug" style.'

My brother always conceal and carries or always has a pistol in his glove box. But thats one of the first things you tell the cops if they pull you over. Well you tell them you have a conceal and carry permit. Those should be the first words out of your mouth.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VikingKing said:
Thats valid. However it was two guys in the hood, who have the "thug" style.'

My brother always conceal and carries or always has a pistol in his glove box. But thats one of the first things you tell the cops if they pull you over. Well you tell them you have a conceal and carry permit. Those should be the first words out of your mouth.
But in several other cases non-thug people without even having a weapon have been shot and killed by police. Often, nothing happens to the cop. A cop that that can't keep his cool and is quick on the trigger is a bad cop regardless.

Being a cop can be dangerous and stressful, but jobs like convenience store clerk are said to be more dangerous. A clerk can't just shoot anyone that 'seems' threatening. Cops are better paid and trained and selectively hired and should be held to higher standard.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
In Russia this kind of thing is impossible. My friend recently got really f!cked up and beat up some cops and kicked their car, they didn't shoot him, they beat him up, and brought him to department, they let him go once he got sober. Mind you, he was on his car, they didn't arrest his car, and didn't take him in for 15 days to jail, but they could. New year cops are especially friendly!

During Olympics in Sochi there was lots of cops, but the force wasn't seen. Those who come here for Olympics said in a TV interview that they don't mind Russian cops, because they don't inverfear.................

.............meaning you don't fear our cops, they don't f!ck with you.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
VikingKing said:
But regardless, he did not reach into the glove compartment where the gun was located. He did push the door open and fail to obey the officers orders but, he did not reach for the gun. Thats my thing. If he reached then shoot.

He didn't reach. The cop could have fired one shot to the shoulder or somthing.
Unfortunately the police and military don't do warning shots or shoot to wound.

Problem is, at such close proximity, the passenger could have easily jumped the cop, and began struggling for the gun. Cop's partner is stuck covering the driver and can't go to assist, otherwise they are vulnerable if the driver is armed or grabs the gun from the glove box.

From that point, there are a few scenarios that could unfold which may easily cost both officers their lives.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
my opinion would still be the same if the cop who shot was of any other color or race
That's what I don't believe at all. If officer Days had been white, then the media and most everyone else would be in a outrage. Apparently on the other, it's okay for black police and black criminals to shoot people though.