Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dark Chocolate - the desert that is really healthy for you

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I love the research that keeps coming out on this because truthfully, I am a dark chocolate fiend. It's pretty much the only treat to myself other than Dole Whip every once in a while. I eat dark chocolate daily other than fasting days...

Highly anti-inflammatory, contains numerous flavonoids and other antioxidants. Also since it comes from a plant source it's high in various other protective plant compounds as well.

Studies have shown significant decreases in pro-inflammatory markers like TNF-Alpha, IL-6 and CRP in people who ate 70% or higher dark chocolate a few times a week. I typically prefer 85% but will eat 70% if I can't find it as well as using baking chocolate which is almost pure chocolate.

Other studies show a decreased risk of CVD and atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries. Similar studies showed significant decreases in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well.

Dark chocolate has also been associated with significant LDL reductions and lower fasting blood sugar levels.

Will it cure all your health issues? No, but the fact that it both tastes good and is exceptionally good for you should be enough to start adding it to your diet.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consume a lot of cacao, I have to assume most if not all of the benefits of dark chocolate come from that.

It's dessert.

Eating a desert is not recommended.
Not really, it's pretty low in sugar.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will it cure all your health issues? No, but the fact that it both tastes good and is exceptionally good for you should be enough to start adding it to your diet.
I have diabetes and I eat dark chocolate if I want something sweet. Also, a handful of almonds 30 minutes before eating a meal will make the insulin spike less, so that's also recommended.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Science has shown for some years now that cocoa is truly 'the food of the Gods' as it was known by the natives in Central and South America. Just look up Kuna Indians and cocoa.
As an alternative to 85-90% chocolates, use a fork to smash a couple bananas and mix with 5-8 (depending on taste) teaspoons of organic cocoa. Probably the best tasting and healthiest dessert there is.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is misleading. Yes, cocoa has a lot of great stuff in it. However, the form consumed in the west (dessert, candy bars, etc.) is just a bunch of added sugar and fat. Cocoa by itself is bitter and not very tasty.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is misleading. Yes, cocoa has a lot of great stuff in it. However, the form consumed in the west (dessert, candy bars, etc.) is just a bunch of added sugar and fat. Cocoa by itself is bitter and not very tasty.
Cocao on its own isn't amazing but I used to drink it with boiled water and it wasn't bad. But I mix it in with oats or in smoothies typically. On occasion it gives me quite a strong mood boost.

Like cacao powder? That's pretty much what baking chocolate powder is.
Yeah, I use this https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cacao-Powder-Unsweetened-Gluten-Free/dp/B00P6TUO5G

It's also pretty low in nutrients and will give you a mouth as dry as Gobi.
Nigga read OPs post again

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How is an 85% dark chocolate bar misleading? That's literally what the study was with and you can readily buy that in the store and what I eat.

There is nothing misleading about it. The study was not about eating 100% dark chocolate. Did you actually read the article? You seem to not actually be reading a lot of these then chiming in with random stuff that is refuted in the articles/studies.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BackInTheGame,
Stayed with an Old nutritionist in China,he similarly ate a little square of German Dark Orange Chocolate daily,made it to a 110....In reading about people who have made really Old Bones,the imbibing of a little alcohol and munching a bit of chocolate crops up regularly....Like Flexpert I drink Hershies US made Cocoa daily,in hot water,with a little Honey....Someone mentioned the Amerindians using Cocoa,he should know they used their rear orifice to imbibe,bit uncomfortable with the Banana LOL.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
"Try Belgian"....Yes I have,this is what they feed the angels in Paradise,but rarely seen here,and dear as poisen....One of my Plates brought me
Cocoa from Colombia,that was the best though....We can buy German Chocolate at a price and that is good quality,our home grown variety tastes like chalk!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
our home grown variety tastes like chalk!
The one Hershey bar I tried tasted like vomit, so that's why I wondered why you use Hershey's cocoa. American chocolate factories are known to make sh!tty chocolate and cocoa, although Americans call that 'an acquired taste' that I don't really want to acquire. :cool:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When my diet was more dialed in I loved 85% chocolate. Due to my ADHD, I cut all sugar massively (I surpassed my ADHD I don't take meds) however I've fallen off the wagon these last 3-4 months.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Holland is an Old trading Nation,living where you do in a huge free trade Market you have choice and variety....Living at the end of the Earth,Our Shopping is dominated by just two operators,New Zealand is even worse....To buy Hersheys Cocoa I have to pay $60 a year for a card to access a rogue trader called Cossco the only people to sell it...I wouldn't do that if there were a reasonable alternative.