Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Darius Rucker

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I guess he was the singer for Hootie and the Blowfish. I just saw him on Jimmy Kimmel live and he sings country now. I don't think I ever seen a black guy seeing country, but why not it's kind of like rock and roll. I think he sounds a lot better than most rap singers. I think rap sucks.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hootie is a great band and coming from someone like me whose never been much into country music thats saying a lot. :up:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hootie was good. Just overplayed. Darius Rucker can sing his ass off.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to like Hootie back when they first came out, but now I think that music sucks. But Rucker is a great singer. He's been singing country ever since he went solo which was quite awhile back. Just pulled up one of his videos on youtube, his country sounds pretty poppy to me, more pop rock than country. Sorta like Maroon 5 but with a twangy guitar. I don't know if that's "real" country.

I don't care for too much rap now, but it's one of those music styles that too varied to say you just flat out "rapping", it's like saying, "I hate music where they play guitars".

Just a little trivia, there's been a long time debate in hiphop circles whether Blondie invented rap, most say it's not true. But nonetheless whether she got the idea from someone else or not, this is the first popular song with rapping in it. Fast forward to 2:00 in :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-0BLV04vbE

nateistoraw

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a black guy and most of what I listen to is country. The only rap/rnb I listen to is inspirational or patriotic stuff like, "Overtime" or "Successful".

But I will probably go down on Roseanne for some Brad Paisley or Trace Atkins concert tickets

lol ROSEANNE!

Thats near suicide.lol

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Just pulled up one of his videos on youtube, his country sounds pretty poppy to me, more pop rock than country. Sorta like Maroon 5 but with a twangy guitar. I don't know if that's "real" country.
True, I don't find it to be "real" country music either. Most mainstream country today is "pop country" though. Just a process music goes through. Most of the newer country singers are younger individuals who grew up influenced by MANY kinds of music. Likewise, they're singing to a younger crowd too. Modern country is "country" enough to appeal to older listeners while still appealing to the younger generations. Typical traditional country (Hank Williams, etc.) is too out-of-touch for the younger crowd, I doubt it would get much air-time.

However, for what it is Darius Ruckers music is good. Not only is he a good singer, but he has catchy tunes that most people can relate to. Not to mention for a black singer to become popular with a country crowd is a testament to his talent.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend's step dad is a Korean country singer. His versatility in the bar scene also helped him earn the affectionate title of "The Chinese Elvis". haha

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
Lol I'll be the Minority

I love Rap. Just not a lot of the Main stream garbage

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Everytime I turn on the country channel it looks like a rap video is playing. Hell even the songs are sounding like rap songs, using hiphop vernacular and dancing an all that. Kinda wack if you ask me LOL. fkin country...sheesh

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian said:
Everytime I turn on the country channel it looks like a rap video is playing. Hell even the songs are sounding like rap songs, using hiphop vernacular and dancing an all that. Kinda wack if you ask me LOL. fkin country...sheesh
To use hip hop vernacular, one of my favorite things about country music was that it was the only mainstream genre that really "kept it real." Songs about life, real life. Not every night is a threesome on top of a table full of cocaine or a gunfight from Pulp Fiction. In fact, no nights are like that for me...that I remember. But most nights and days are covered in some country song somewhere. And I'm a dude from Philly. It was hugely popular but almost totally non-mainstream in content and character. Existing side-by-side with everything else, but not decaying in morals. So I could respect that.

But not anymore. By no means has country gone the way of pop/rock/rap, but it's on it's way. Alot of the younger artists have gone slutty, or gangster (relatively), or poppy. The outlaws are dying, the alterna-hippies make good songs but are completely ignored and out-of-touch, and the kids are rapping. So sad.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
But not anymore. By no means has country gone the way of pop/rock/rap, but it's on it's way. Alot of the younger artists have gone slutty, or gangster (relatively), or poppy. The outlaws are dying, the alterna-hippies make good songs but are completely ignored and out-of-touch, and the kids are rapping. So sad.
That's why I listen mostly to electronica these days.