Dan's Workout Log For Gaining Mass v2

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink a gallon of chocolate milk a day for a month with hard training and you will get bigger.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
Drink a gallon of chocolate milk a day for a month with hard training and you will get bigger.
Hahaa if only I could afford that >.<

Anyways onto today's lifts.

Front Squat -

5x Bar
5x 2.5KG
5x7.5KG
5x7.5KG
5x7.5KG

Decline Close Grip Bench -

5x Bar
5x 2.5KG
5x 5KG
5x 5KG
5x 5KG

Barbell Row -

5x 20KG
5X 22.5KG
5X 30KG
5X 30KG
5X 30KG

Romanian Deadlift-

5x 5kg
5x 7.5kg
5x 10kg
5x 10kg
5x 10kg

Now this workout was tough going midway through but I pushed through it and felt good at the end of it.
However, throughout the rest of the day my lower back felt under tension and my coxits (not sure if that's how you spell it) felt quite sore when moving around.

Went straight to work after the gym and damn it was tough as I was shattered :D

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Why decline bench?
I was wondering why close grip decline. It's pointless - close grip isolates.the triceps and the decline there is obsolete.

Decline wide grip hits the bottom of the chest harder and allows the shoulders to get behind the push more.

For a well rounded chest you would want to change up between incline (hits the top of the chest - gets that cleavage look ) bench hits the middle / bottom of the chest.

So do a chest day and hit incline, bench and decline for even growth on the chest.
Personally I wouldn't worry about decline close press.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about decline bench at all. I'll decline when I need a confidence booster (you can bench more weight on decline because it's easier). Dips are far better at doing the same thing decline does. And they build more functional strength in my opinion, if that's what you're into, which I am. I've also heard that too much decline can build man titties lol.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout #4

Felt good today in the gym bar the squatting which I really felt across my traps, will use a pad next time round.
Also pleased to see progression in weights lifted though not seeing the gains on the scale or visualy because I'm still not eating enough, I really need to dial that in soon.

Back Squats -

5 x 12.5KG
5 x 15KG
5 x 17KG (x3)

Bench Press -

5 x Bar
5 x 5KG
5 x 7.5KG (x3)

Assisted Pull Up

3 sets of 10 reps using 45KG weight

Ab Crunch

3 sets of 20 reps using 18kg weight.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work, looks like a solid day.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adding to what Dan said make sure to nail that diet consitently EVERY SINGLE DAY
Stay consistent