Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dank Advice Needed!!!

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I’ll use this post as a sounding board on this situation:

Background: Buddy of mine sets up these huge pubcrawls once per season, they rule, good times had by all, some nice looking girls. One such girl (HB) is the friend of this buddy’s sister. She happened to go to the same HS as me but was a few years back…

I had hung out on a couple of bar crawls with her, had a blast, was considering whether or not I should go for it given her ties to me (hangs w/ buddies little sis, was at my HS, etc…) decided I should go for it, got digits, called her after a week or so to set something up. She was game. Called her during the afternoon before I was going to pick her up at night, she gave me a ‘real’ lame flakey excuse (had to dogsit, but she ran errands w/friends that ran late so she had no time to go out w/me). She had sort of suggested another time, but I was getting bad vibes that made me feel I was going somewhere I shouldn’t be…So I backed off, didn’t call, nothing happened…

Last Saturday was the winter pubcrawl…She was there, looking real hot, and I basically ignored her, didn’t go out of my way to ignore her, but didn’t pay attention beyond the small pleasantries of saying hello. The trouble is guys, that I’m always inebriated when I’m around her….very annoying… So we get to the last place, cool club, I’m partying it up with the ladies, she’s grinding with some dude, no worries. The situation was not in my head at all.

I’m going up the stairs from the hip hop dancefloor to the live band dancefloor, and I see my buddy’s little sis, and HB leaving. I give them a hug, and while I’m saying goodbye HB says to me “Its too bad we didn’t get a chance to hangout, maybe next time.” My initial drunk reaction was that she was referring to the pubcrawl, and my response was “Oh, that’s alright, hope you guys had fun, be safe getting home”

So I go back to the floor and get my freak on more, well, wouldn’t you know it, HB and little sis come back to our area, little sis is on some dude grinding and hooking up, and HB heads for my area. My AFC buddies are flocking around her trying to dance, and I’m in a little circle of girls behind that scene. Well, HB comes right up to me and gets freaky. But my gut reaction was that she was biding her time while little sis finished her business. I should remind you again that deciphering actions in this scenario needs to combine ******** with extreme drunkedness. (Basically an emotional vortex so strong that rational thought could never penetrate it)

So they eventually leave…I forget about the whole thing until today at work when I remembered what HB told me on the way out the door. While I only really dealt with her the last hour or so they were at the crawl (and were their most drunk) it seemed like some buying signals, maybe her lame excuse was legit? There was obviously going to be awkwardness between us due to my lack of calling after the fact. At the same time, I feel like I’m barking up the wrong tree here and some random drunken actions out of her shouldn’t change the way I think about the situation (she seemed ‘forced’ to hang for a few minutes while sis did her thing)…Do I call her again out of the blue and let her know I want to hang out, grab some drinks sometime? Do I ignore her and focus on my other girls?

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No suggestions out of anyone??? Sheesh.

Someone should be calling me a biatch or some shiat...

The first time I called her it was along the lines of a 'date,' Now I'm thinking it should be a group thing at the bars so I can get a more sober feel of the vibe.....

Sir Shags Alot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a man of actions. Don't think or reflect on this ****. Let it go. Don't call her. In about a week find out where she is going to be and show up there....what a conicidence!!! Bump into to her or say somthing ****y/funny and then walk off. Plant the seed the let it grow. Stop overthinking ****? You want a LTR with this bar girl or something???? Take what you want, who cares what she thinks or feels about you....make it happen...its all in the mindset!

lerxst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her and let her know you want to hang out, but also focus on your other girls. If she doesn't want to, you still have the other girls, don't you?

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, i can't haphazardly 'bump' into this girl as she's finishing up her last semester in school and I am in the working world...

I don't necessarily want an LTR with her, she's jsut a hot girl that seems to give buying signals when we're hanging out, but was cold when i tried to make something happen.

I should take what i want...I like that advice...

The Dank Lay Report will be on your desks first thing next week...

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DankNuggs
But my gut reaction was that she was biding her time while little sis finished her business.
1. Stop drinking! Your "gut reaction" can be quite mistaken under the influence! I had the same problem if you read my FR in the Unusual Techniques forum...

She was there, looking real hot, and I basically ignored her, didn’t go out of my way to ignore her, but didn’t pay attention beyond the small pleasantries of saying hello.
2. Dont "punish" girls for flaking. Ultimately, do what YOU want to do instead of worrying about some elaborate power struggle (which 9 times out of 10 is all in your head.) You coulda busted on her for bein a flake. Fo example you could say that you would love to get together this weekend but you have to help your friend clip his toenails (or some obviously lamo excuse) Some playful ribbing never hurts!

she’s grinding with some dude, no worries. The situation was not in my head at all.
3. Its great that you are totally detached and not stressing the outcome. But dont take the "I am the prize" mentality too far. At some point you have to get in touch with your inner caveman and "take what you want" as Sir Shags pointed out.

Do I call her again out of the blue and let her know I want to hang out, grab some drinks sometime? Do I ignore her and focus on my other girls?
Call her. Pursue her, but dont ignore the other chicks!

she's jsut a hot girl that seems to give buying signals when we're hanging out, but was cold when i tried to make something happen.
To quote the great Yoda. "Do or do not. there is no try" You either make it happen or you dont! Another great quote I have adopted as my mantra comes from Gunwitch.

"Make the Ho say No!"

Hypothetically posted by DankNuggs
How can I ever thank you for this excellent advice?
Send me some killer buds! ;)

Reaction score
Don't ask the girl to go for drinks - say something original. And don't go to a club, dancing! Get her alone on in an one-on-one situation so that the attention is focused on you and she's not grinding another dude while you are an onlooker.

This girl is grinding on strangers in public!! What will she do with you when you are alone? That was a 'rhetorical' question, you/we know the answer!

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Don't ask the girl to go for drinks - say something original. And don't go to a club, dancing! Get her alone on in an one-on-one situation so that the attention is focused on you and she's not grinding another dude while you are an onlooker.

This girl is grinding on strangers in public!! What will she do with you when you are alone? That was a 'rhetorical' question, you/we know the answer!
DAMMIT PRL!!!

LOL, now that I got that out of my system.... :)

1) Dank was not an onlooker, he was otherwise preoccupied with the six phillies currently grinding him.

2) If you're doing it right, you don't have to be alone to have her as a captive audience.

3) Why not a club? Its an atmosphere both of them are comfortable in, its certainly worked before, and I would even posit Dank would have a lot ore social proof given all the other interested girls and uninteresting guys...

Yes Dank, she was grinding on you...but she was also grinding on every other guy there. So the question becomes...Drunken grinding: Buying sign or club dancing?

Anyway, I don't see the point in forcing the issue. The circle of friends where you meet her is concrete and meets up about once every three months. You don't need to run into her or to set something up, you will see her again. It's practically in writing. In three months, without diverting any effort from your other amorous conquests, you will be able to run your game and make the hook-up.

Why take your shot and score with her now when you can take your shot later and score with someone else in the interim? Why go to the mountain when the mountain will come to you? Just concentrate on your other phillies until the next pub-crawl.

-CyranoDeBergerac