Dangers of Tan Beds

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was thinking of doing some sessions of tanning in a gym but some say it ****s up with the melanine ( skin pigmentation ) and causes cancer.

does anyone here went to do or still does some of these tanning sessions ?

how many days a week you do it? and how many minutes?

do u use any products before or after the tanning ?

i'm really concerned about this cancer thing but autumn is comming ( no more beach or vacations ) and i want to keep a tan since im joining the gym and it sure does help for you to notice improvements in the definition of your body.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tan about 3 to 4 times per week. Yes, i am also very afraid of skin cancer, but i take the chance.

If you have red hair and fair skin, i would stay clear of tanning beds!

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm by no means a professional on the issue but i was under the impression that tanning on a tanning bed was safer then tanning outside because you were only exposed to the non-dangerous rays not the whole spectrum.

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 24, I tanned 3 times a week from 18-22. When i was 22 I got diagnosed with melanoma, the kind of skin cancer that spreads and can kill you.

If you can avoid tanning do it. I understand it boosts your confidence so I am not knocking anyone who does it. Plus, I never thought I'd be one of the small percentages that get it.

I was just lucky they caught it early before it spread to my lymph nodes.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What were your symptoms and what did the mole look like?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wake Forest has published research that essentially proves that tanning beds are chemically addictive. The UV light releases endorphins.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^

Maybe to some people, however it's not essential for me to go. I go if i feel like it!