Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing Thread

thegamedontwait

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had an idea. Why don't somebody who considers himself a (really) good dancer put together a thread with tips about dancing at clubs. I mean I do dance at the club and everything without people staring at me lol, but don't necessarily consider myself a good dancer and the only advice ive read so far is that you just got to practice (which isnt a really good advice I think cause think about it if you see somebody who dances like in a completely strange way it wont look good even if he practices a lot dancing this way).

I for my part (and I think a lot of others on here) would be really thankful if somebody whos a good dancer could write a sticky-thread which is really about HOW TO dance at a club (to different types of music maybe...while Im mostly interested in the black music thing). I think that might help me and a lot of other aspiring don juans on here so much and would be one of the few actually HELPFUL threads on this forum. I hope somebody's gonna be willing to do this.

Btw I think being a good dancer would help a lot because chicks are crazy about dancing. Besides...compare a hot girl who hardly knows how to dance to a hot girl who knows how to shake their thang. That makes a girl so much more attrative to me lol and I think girls think the same way about dudes. Besides, I think that
like 2 in 3 guys (probably way more..depending where you live, I guess) dont really know how to dance good but just move their body a bit to the beat (which doesnt really look like "dancing").

If anybody knows of a good dance-instruction-video-tape that'd be cool too but all of the things Ive read about on the internet are about like crazy fancy dance moves or whateva, which you dont want to perform at the club the whole time...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Be confident in who you are
2.) The majority of the people AREN'T watching you
3.) Stop trying to synchronize memorized dance steps to the music, when we do watch you we can tell that your moves aren't natural. Go with how the music makes you feel.
4.) Smile, it doesn't need to be a tooth/goofy grin but get that constipated look off your face.
5.) Have a good time (and no, drinking isn't necessary to have a good time).

Anyone other DJs feel free to add to the list...

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not dance much, but two things I've found are: it helps to have a really good sense of rhythm (and I do from years of musical training), and more importantly, how you move your body. Don't focus on your limbs, but instead the center of your body, your torso. People think of dancing as "moving your feet", but you should be able to dance good without moving your feet at all. That doesn't mean you shouldn't move your limbs, but focus on the movement of your torso and let it flow 0utwardly from there, instead of focusing on moving your limbs....because then you end up dancing like Elaine.

edit-
why in the HELL is "0utward" censored? What is this ridiculous shyt?

St_Joey

Don Juan
Reaction score
LEARN TO KEEP TIME. Use that bass sub for something -- learn to tap your fingers on your steering wheel every time the bass rattles your sack. BOOM. . . BOOM-BOOM . . . You'd be amazed how many dorks I see with megawatt stereos sitting at a light tapping their fingers out of time. Not just whiteboys, either (not a racist thing, just the truth, fellas.) You've got a great learning tool there. Use it.

When you're on the floor with her, watch HER, and move the way she moves. Doesn't mean you have to grind or bvttfvck her on the floor, but she'll feel "chemistry" between you when you MIRROR HER -- even if the two of you are just swaying from one side to the other in rhythm.

If she can't keep time, take her hand, press her to you, and show her that you've got rhythm. Do something simple and get her to mirror you -- she'll probably enjoy the lesson.

Every now and again, break away from her and do your own thing -- show off a little -- then come back to her for a while.

Google "hip hop dance moves" -- there are some AVI's you can download that are worth gold.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the guys at nightclub spots just go there to find the next woman to grind on.

Personally, I go to these places to dance..
Women are impressed by men who have rhythm, who can step to the beat. Its not a myth that women use dancing as a pre-cursor on the fella's abilities in bed. Being a good dancer puts yourself above the average guy who couldnt dance to save his life.

Honestly, some people just dont have rhythm. I've taken salsa classes, tango, ballroom and have seen some guys quit before trying. Dancing isnt something you learn watching instructional videos unless you are gifted.

The best dancing is UNSCRIPTED..and the only way to get better at dancing is to actually GO OUT AND DANCE.

I think too many fellas are worried about what people think about how they dance. Like Francisco said...most people aren't paying attention to you. Its like being too shy to approach women because you fear rejection...or if other people are staring. Let them stare, those are the AFCs watching the game from the sideline. I'd rather play the game.

My advice:

1) If you have no rhythm, take a dance class. Heck..even if you do have rhythm, I've always recommend everyone take a salsa dance class. Salsa forces you to open your hips, and the hips is where all the style and sexiness in dancing is. Salsa also opens itself to all forms of dance, whether it be hip hop, trance, techno...salsa is fairly easy in it's basic steps and gives you the rhythm you need to get started.

2) Practice. Practice by yourself in front of a mirror. Practice while you are watching music videos. Walk around with a bounce in your step. Keep a rhythm in your head.

3) Watch what other people do and steal their style. Look at Usher. The guy dances great. Ever since the song YOU REMIND ME came out...everyone was dancing the slide step. When Westside Connection and Snoop Dogg were all C-Walking. Everyone was C-Walking. P Diddy and the Harlem Shake. Its all about taking what you see and doing it. Ask people how they learned. Ask them if they can teach you.

4) Go out and f*cking dance. Its like doing a cold pickup. You can talk all the theory you want...until you go out there and do it, then its just theory.

thegamedontwait

Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Be confident in who you are
2.) The majority of the people AREN'T watching you
3.) Stop trying to synchronize memorized dance steps to the music, when we do watch you we can tell that your moves aren't natural. Go with how the music makes you feel.
4.) Smile, it doesn't need to be a tooth/goofy grin but get that constipated look off your face.
5.) Have a good time (and no, drinking isn't necessary to have a good time).
Yeah I mean I know all that..u probably got a bit of a wrong impression of me its not like im scared of going to the dancefloor or anything and I do get to grind with chicks too and stuff ;-) but all of that doesnt really make your dancing look good. (Good tips for those who are still a bit scared of dancing at clubs tho)

Google "hip hop dance moves" -- there are some AVI's you can download that are worth gold.
Ill try that..but are you talking about "fancy moves" or rather "regular dancing" you can do at a club if u dont wanna stick out too much?

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha nice, another dancing thread. There always seems to be one for every season.

The best advice I can give is to get INTO the music. Take eminem's lose yourself song and apply. It'll do wonders. If the DJ is playing garbage, that's different. Once you get lost in the music, everything else becomes semantic, and you start to enjoy yourself more! Plus, you look like a party animal =)

On a different note, I find myself to be one of the better dancers on the dance floor, and I want to get better. The thing is, I can "just go out and dance", but there gets to be a point during the night where, I just run out of moves...has this ever happened to any of you guys?

thegamedontwait

Don Juan
Reaction score
salsa is fairly easy in it's basic steps and gives you the rhythm you need to get started.
Do you mean it "only" gives you the rhythm or can you kinda use the basic steps for dancing to hiphop, too? (Actually I have no real knowledge of what basic salsa steps are, but Ill look it up)

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just go out there and do whatever. I dont care what people think- if I look like a total dork so what. I'm not much of a clubber, but when I go, I just have fun. I end up getting a few #'s by the end of the night, so that's all that matters.

If other people make fun of me- fvck them. If asked them how many #'s they got, they would probably say 0 or, 1 (just to save face). When I can open up my list of them.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My piece of advice: Don't over move unless you have good rithm, or else you'll just seem gay

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
What do you mean "over move"?
Meaning "don't go flailing thinking it looks cool." That is over moving.

I learned how to dance by watching and practicing. Go to nightclubs and just watch some people dance. Watch videos. Practice. Get people to teach you. This time last year, I would get laughed at if I even stepped on the dance floor. Now, I can dance (and people have commented on my improvement and losing my "whiteboyness.") :p

Of course, grinding is entirely different. So is stripping. :cool:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing doesn't get you laid... granted it gets you attention and maybe opened but what else? If anything focus on grinding gurls and when she feels your "excitement" about grinding she should get the idea.

Don't just jump in there and start shaking your groove thing if you're aren't good. Sit off on the side and find the beat wiht your foot, and then make your way to the dancefloor.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with raving, to describe it more, basically making fluid motions with my arms and body (not sure if it's actually "raving" cuz that's a pretty broad term).

Any tips?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds like you're describing either Waving or Liquid, ABaz. It's Liquid you most often see at raves so that's probably what you're talking about.

If you're interested in really learning about it go to reflective.net. If you want to learn about Waving, and all other Funk styles go to Mrwiggleshiphop.net.

For the original poster of this thread, I am a dancer. I used to post under the name Shadow Dancer. I did several lengthy posts on dancing under that name. Do a search.

Also, there have been many other posts on dancing. Next time take a moment to search rather than make an entirely new thread.

-Soma

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I'm in a generous kind of mood, here are some ancient dance posts:

This is a field report about dancing "in da club". Provides thorough info on picking up the females.

MVPlaya Post

This one is basic dancing help.

"How to dance?"

Another beginners guide to the club.

"1st Time to a Nightclub"
Enjoy.

EDIT: Soma, I checked out reflective.net, the advice there kicks ass! I've been looking for free vids forever lol

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a great dancer.

My advice is to make sure you are having fun whilst dancing. If your not having fun you are going to look like an idiot most likely (unless you already have the skill and you are just rippin it up due to your nature).

You ever notice that when people do things they dont like they do them sloppily and not really as intended because it's forced.

If you don't like dancing I don't recommend trying to do it all that much.

So for all of you that are having a good time then sh1t, you are there man, you can dance. Now keep tearing it up, but do not forget to take a few minutes to tell the girls how much fun your having and that they should give you their number so they can enjoy next time with you.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kenetic Charm had a great post on dancing, go find it