Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Damnit ... silver

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo, I've got a "page not found" on that link.

JP Morgan has over a dozen lawsuits regarding their manipulation of the silver market, though, so when you get the fixed link, this should be interesting.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
And the prices of commodities, including precious metals, are being driven by macroeconomic fundamentals, not retail investor sentiment lol.
Can you explain a few of those macroeconomic fundamentals? I've been arguing with my dad lately that silver "doesn't behave like a stock that much", but my inexperience and limited knowledge kind of hamper me...

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Can you explain a few of those macroeconomic fundamentals? I've been arguing with my dad lately that silver "doesn't behave like a stock that much", but my inexperience and limited knowledge kind of hamper me...
Sure. We'll look at these metals on a case-by-case basis. All IMO.

Gold: Sure, gold has a small degree of industrial cred with electronics and jewelry, but gold is and will always be the world's reserve currency. Since most western and BRIC nations have adopted a fiat currency (money that is based on nothing physical), gold has become the safe zone when the world economy is troubled and confidence in fiat currencies is dropping. The price of gold was suppressed ever since we were taken off the gold standard, by the banking cartel ala JPM and the like. Even with all the silver lawsuits against JPM, the banks have not begun to face the music for how shadily they have suppressed gold and silver. Anyway, gold is the "safety" place when the world gets scary.

Silver: A growing list of industrial uses in new technologies and emerging economies, and decades of price suppression, are making it an attractive investment. I will admit that I don't follow silver as much as gold & copper.

Copper: A perfect and EXTREMELY bullish forecast for copper demand, going forward, is the result of emerging economies and technological advancements. These growing countries need copper to expand their electrical infrastructures, and the onset of the electric cars will provide a bull market to end all bull markets in copper. The average hybrid car uses 50 lbs. of copper; the electric cars will have at least 200 lbs. in each car! Green energy technologies are also a growing source of demand for copper. I know gold is the story of the day, and I have my gold exposure, but copper, uranium, and potash are the story of tomorrow, and that's where I am buying today.

You should know that if you want to make serious money in commodities, you don't make it by buying the commodity. You make the big money buying "cinderella stocks" in those materials. But stocks are always riskier than commodities, FYI. Be careful.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And up, up, up they go ...

Gold - $1,407.93......... up from its low of $1,337 on Nov 16.
Silver - $29.21........... up from its low of $25.25 on Nov 16.

Expecting silver to keep pushing through $30 in the next week or two.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor Sharp said:
Dammit I am so late getting on this train. What's the ceiling on this guys? Is it too late for me to hop on board?
If you're buying the metal as a solid object, probably not.

As shares, you might want to wait for a dip, then jump on. Should hit 50 but... won't be overnight and there will be periods where it'll come close to the mid 20's.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
And just fell back into the $27 range in an hour. Both gold and silver look VERY overbought to me short term. RSI's on both are through the roof. Long term the general trend should remain up.
But it went up in the short term. :cry:

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor Sharp said:
Dammit I am so late getting on this train. What's the ceiling on this guys? Is it too late for me to hop on board?
Its gone parabolic and that is unsustainable behavior.

I still think it has more room to go but will probably top out for a while
at around 31-32 which is about a 10% move. That doesn't mean it will reverse
and come down hard, it will probably just enter into a trading range.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like silver always fluctuated...

Could you guys please explain the step by step process of how you buy metals? (how you pay, how much you buy, where from do you buy, how you check the quality, how you store it, etc.)
Thanks!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
Looks like silver always fluctuated...

Could you guys please explain the step by step process of how you buy metals? (how you pay, how much you buy, where from do you buy, how you check the quality, how you store it, etc.)
Thanks!
Sure. Before though, I'll just say I'm not recommending anything right now. You have to have a strong stomach for silver, it really is volatile. For example, awhile back I bought some I think around the $18 range. The next day it crashed down to $17. The next day. You have to have patience and the mindset to hold for the long-term. My philosophy on metals is long-term, 10+ years.

That said, I only buy physical silver because the value is inherit, if you hold it, you own it.

I've bought 3 ways. Online through www.apmex.com. You pay a little more to include shipping, but they are a top notch dealer. Second, take cash to a local coin dealer. Find someone local, trade the cash for metal, and walk out..that simple. Third, ebay. Becareful on the bay though, I've only bought small amounts of 90% silver and had very good luck, often bought below the spot value of silver. If you are patient, you can get silver cheap.

Here's a good website with a lot of great info on silver.

http://about.ag/ Spend some time on that site, reading the links there.

I don't play the paper silver game, slv, or mining stocks. Perhaps others have information on that.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ask a question and get NO answer. Wow, teenage boys sure do know how to hide.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
I ask a question and get NO answer. Wow, teenage boys sure do know how to hide.
What's your question there, bigjimbo? I'd be happy, to try and answer it.

Silver's set to break through 30 here shortly.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor Sharp said:

The question isn't: What's the ceiling?

The question is: How low can the dollar go?

Switch up the question and you get a whole collection of infinite possibilities.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
What's your question there, bigjimbo? I'd be happy, to try and answer it.

Silver's set to break through 30 here shortly.
Here is BigJimbo's "question":

BigJimbo said:
But it went up in the short term. :cry:

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at silver go! Getting close to $31, yeah buddy!

I hope some of you took advantage of that last dip we had..right? Right?

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Not a bad time to buy actually, but be careful.

A lot of things are overbought, especially the S&P. Looks like a correction may be in store. However Gold has worked off a lot of it's overbought status and is looking to break through $1425 in the next couple of weeks.

Silver is a slave to gold, so if gold goes higher, silver will too.
True, silver and gold do move together. However, there's some strong arguments that silver may actually out price gold one day. As crazy as that sounds. Here's a good video on the subject.

Warning...this video may have you wanting to rush out there an buy as much silver as you can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiarVvZguY&

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold will hit $2000 by the end of the year.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Precious metals are doing outstanding lately when one considers that they are really a long-term, zero-sum investment. The ensuing crash will make the 1999 stock market crash look like a mild correction.