Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

cutting and bulking at the same time

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
why is there (diesel's) one method for bulking up and another one for cutting up? isn't there a way to eat the proper amount of food everyday ?

i am feeling eating a lot when bulking up is a waste of food. then, i think eating below maintenance level is too much stress on the body. they are 2 extremes which are completely unnatural for me.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people can bulk to gain very quickly, the large amount of food has an anaboloic effect. Many skinny teenagers can put on 10-20 pounds in a 2-3 month period before they start looking fat.

Also people who have real trouble building muscle find this is the only way they can gain.

Your approach would be what's called progressive eating. The amount of food is related to just the extra you need to gain the muscle. This method is a lot slower, maybe gaining 14lbs a year, however there is very little extra fat and you won't need to cut.

Gains after a year or two will probably be this way for ex bulkers too as it becomes harder to take on extra calories without a high percentage of fat.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it would be an extremely restricted diet though, too much work for slower/less results. I'd say stick with what's proven.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chris Aceto explains a way to do this. Basically its shocking the body. Lets say you eat 3,000 cal a day, one day per week you eat DOUBLE that. What happens is the body doesn't recognize it as excess, so doesn't store it. When you overfeed once a week, it dramatically increases thermogenesis (heat production) This in turn supports an anabolic environment for you to grow. So you get big, but stay fairly "shaped" at the same time.

You do this one time a week, for one month, then month 2 you eat double 2x per week.