Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

customer service...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so these days, customer service is lacking everywhere you look.

penkitten's picks:

worst customer service for 2008: HD Supply (HOME DEPOT):cuss: :down:

best customer service for 2008: Playboy Magazine :cheer: :up:

:D

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about Home Depot. It's as if the Invasion of the Body Snatchers has occured there. WHERE ARE THE EMPLOYEES?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
I agree about Home Depot. It's as if the Invasion of the Body Snatchers has occured there. WHERE ARE THE EMPLOYEES?
"cutting costs" to make the darn shareholders happy.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Customer service in America sucks, straight up. Go to Japan...the customer service there is first class!!

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Customer service in America sucks, straight up. Go to Japan...the customer service there is first class!!
You can say that again. The other day I was in the supermarket, and asked where the eggs were. The dude walked me all the way across the place until we were both standing next to the eggs and said "right here dude". All with a happy smile on his face.

I have TONS of stories like this.

In the states, I know they are supposed to do that at Barnes and Noble, if you go to the information and ask for a specific title.

I went there once, and I wanted a book, and all I knew was the subject matter and that it was green. 15 minutes and three helpful employees later, there I was, book in hand.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
penkitten's picks:
worst customer service for 2008: HD Supply (HOME DEPOT):cuss: :down:
Oh don't get me started on Home Depot service. There is almost no one on the floor to help and if there is someone they are always busy with another customer. If you are looking for something specific they just tell you to go to a specific aisle and find it yourself. It doesn't matter what you buy in Home Depot, even if its only 3 people in the lineup you are still going to wait there at least half an hour or more until they get a price check or someone locates a specific item for a customer.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Oh don't get me started on Home Depot service..
my company uses home depot /hd supply to order things for our apartment complexes. all the accounts are under the name of our main office, but seperated into different account numbers per properties.
ever since they bought out the old maintenance warehouse and chad's supply and hughes supply, they have put us through the ringer.

what they do , outsource the accounts receivable.
so whomever receives our checks cashes them but instead of applying them to what the checks state with the bills attached, they apply them willy nilly wherever they want.

this has been going on since october 2005!!!

i have to get their national account rep to help me clear up matters so that i can use the credits that they owe me. once it is cleared up, now i have used my credits and suddenly it is all messed up again and suddenly for the past one year.

if i call to place an order, they tell me its on hold until i pay 2000 that i do not owe. we have the checks to prove we paid and they cashed it... but since they outsource their accounts receivable, they don't care.

so then you gotta call and fight with everyone, and if they fix your account, they just mess with someone else's property within your own company.

its outrageous and they have monopolized the replacement parts industry!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i completely forgot to tell you about playboy magazine people.
i called them today and told them how i got my husband a subscription and when it ran out, i renewed it and it keeps coming but i keep getting bills like i didnt pay for the renewal.
it was from my checking account but in his name, maybe it got messed up.
the very polite lady on the phone, immediately saw the error and took it off and said i shouldn't receive any more of those, told me i renewed very early and how long it was going to last (like 6 months longer ) and she apologized for their error.
the whole phone call took three minutes to sort out.

they are the best customer service i have encountered this year.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
I called comcast the other day to pay my bill and I was shocked. Took me like 2 minutes. Compare that to other companies.
I've heard soooo many horror stories from Comcast...

rjones

Don Juan
Reaction score
These people make like minimum wage and are only working there because they couldnt get a better job what do you expect from them?

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i called them today and told them how i got my husband a subscription
You rock. BTW, my company works in training retail stores about customer service.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of "how do I make money?" threads on sosuave. I have made money off of HD's poor customer service by meeting other customers and helping them load and unload lumber and plywood, which HD's employees never want to do - they are more into watching. Loading building materials can be four times as fast with two people; I've never had anyone turn down help. Then I'll ask them what they're building, and if they need help. Industrious people who want to work can always do well. The going rate for odd job construction labor in my area is double what the lazy HD employees are making, paid in cash the same day, no taxes. Thank you, Home Depot, for your crappy customer service. It has made me a lot of money.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Logitech has the best customer service

i got robbed. somebody stole two of my speakers from a 5.1 set up.

i called them up, told them i got robbed, asked for my address

and 2 weeks later, i got a box full of that foam stuff, and two new rear speakers

and all it took was a phone call, and didn't cost me a cent

i could have done that even if i wasn't robbed, and just sold them. i never took advantage of that though

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of these companies I don't feel sorry for because they PAINT a picture that they're doing SO well, but at the last minute, when they're about to tank, they let you know that they're tanking. Sometimes they don't even let you know that they're tanking. See Bear Sterns and various other SMBs.

They go on and on, in their advertisements, their websites, about all these services they offer and why you should buy their crap. They're groveling. I'll give it to them that they (these IT security companies etc.) are probably working Very hard (gotta feed the wife and kids and overpriced house), but it's so easy to read through all the BS and overkill on selling themselves.

They (companies Marketing dpt. CEO CIO CFO C-MOFO) use the newspaper to death, repeating the same ole news about moving to different offices etc. certification of Cisco, promotions, whatever to make headlines, when you know they're fightin on a razor's edge for a buck in this eroding economy.

I feel somewhat sorry for the people in IT, because globalization and outsourcing are causing a flatline in the market. The gap between America and the rest of the world's wages for technology workers is getting flatter or narrower. I know several people with 20+ years experience who's jobs are being outsourced to India :(. You can easily have a website or any other ambitious project built for your company from bids from this site http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/90181.html for dirt cheap via willing foreigners.

I would not want to be an IT engineer or salesperson in America today. I shutter at the thought of having to scrap for scraps in that highly competitive environment.

I got my degree, but I'm thankful that I chose not to go down that road, and took the blue collar pathway.