Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Custody Battle is over. The system is so bias....

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my shared parenting, and pretty much what I requested and more, but in the end, the scale is still tipped to her favor. It's still a victory for me.

What I've learned through this whole mess is good fathers get shafted left and right by the system. Want to get child support reduced? Yea right... want more visitation? ...you will have to fight for 3 years for 1 extra day. Get fair representations? ...not if she's a woman.

I joined organizations that support single fathers. I was researching my case, and was looking for tips and suggestions. I told one rep that I was going to go the Guardian ad litem way.. and was told that it wasn't a smart move. Costly, and a waste of time is what I was told. She was wrong, it was the right thing to do. Even though in the end, through the Guardian ad litem, and the case was awarded to me for shared parenting, the balance was still tipped in her favor. Forget that my son's mother is an alcoholic, and that she smokes pot like she smokes her cigarettes. Forget that she still cares more about partying, then brushing my son's teeth in the mornings, or happy hour instead of picking my son up after school. Why still would it be that it would tip in her favor? ...cuz the Guardian ad litem was a woman, and in the end, 'woman to woman' meant more than the well being of a child.
I remember going through Child Services to set up chil support, and was given the round around, and at times, treated like sh*t, until they realized that I was trying to help my son.
I had a home for my son and I, and my hrs at work changed so I went back to the courts to have my CS reduced so can I keep a roof over our heads. I begged the judge (who was a woman) and even stated that I was on the verge of losing my place... what did she do?
Reduced my child support $19.
We ended up losing my place. It was hard trying to tell my son, he won't have his own room no more, and that we will have to move away from his friends. Those were tough times. It meant that I had to move further away from my son too, since his mom lived in one part of time, and I had to move to another. But...
Another thing I learned was this.... all those struggles, all those fights.. are a breeze when I see the smile on my son's face every time he sees me. :) ...and since the hearing, it's all the time now. :)
Today, I'm blocks from my son. :) I moved closer, and even though we share a room now, I'm able to see my son, and he's able to see me.
Today, I'm putting him on my health insurance. He's already on my dental.
Today, I got up, got him ready for school, brushed his teeth, made him breakfast, packed him a lunch, and drove him to school. I can't pick him up tonight (not my night) but Lord knows I can now. :)

Single fathers.... never give up. The fight, is never ending.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, BTDT ,until the courts balance out to even again it's hard to THINK about doing it again.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLadiesMan said:
Forget that my son's mother is an alcoholic, and that she smokes pot like she smokes her cigarettes. Forget that she still cares more about partying, then brushing my son's teeth in the mornings, or happy hour instead of picking my son up after school.
Wow, where did you find a winner like that ? Does she have a sister for me ?

Not trying to dog on you in your times of trouble, however, your story is a classic example of what happens when a guy does not adequately qualify the women in his life. It is bad enough entering into a childless LTR with one of these party ho's, but knocking her up guarantees 18 years of drama, mindgames, poverty and sh!tfights in Family Court for you.

The lawyers feed off your misery, your woman lies to the court and tries to blacken your character all over town, the kid is pulled left and right in the pointless tug of war that she creates, and you go broke in the process.

What a way to waste of the first half of your adult life.

Last edited:

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things change, and people change. No one can predict the future.

Things happen for a reason. Had I not met this woman, I wouldn't of had the son that I have now. You can argue this thing till the cows come home but that's just the honest truth, and it happens everyday.

I believe that in the end, everything will work out. It always does...

My ex-wife and I never could have any kids, and we tried A LOT (12 years). It ultimately was the demise of our marriage. She re-married, and after 5 years, divorced again.
She's been divorced for 2 years now, and recently contacted me via FB. We've been open with each other and it's not impossible that her and I could get back together, after all, we did spend a lot of years with each other. She still wants a baby, and she'd make a good mother for my son. We've even talked about adoption. Her family obviously are fro us getting back together as they are the ones responsible for us talking now. Who knows... but one thing is for sure...

Things happen for a reason.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLadiesMan said:
That sounds like a close relative of, "It was meant to be."

Perhaps you also believe that we live in an interventionist universe which responds to our thoughts and guides our actions accordingly ?

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
That sounds like a close relative of, "It was meant to be."

Perhaps you also believe that we live in an interventionist universe which responds to our thoughts and guides our actions accordingly ?

Perhaps you can get off my nuts? wtf? LOL! :)

Perhaps the reason you are truly asking me this is because secretly, you want to live in my universe. It's the ONLY reason you would ask me this...
You want to either be me.. the man who can have it all, and manifests his own destiny, a man who can have his cake and eat it too... OR you just want to play with my nuts this morning. :)

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLadiesMan said:

Perhaps the reason you are truly asking me this is because secretly, you want to live in my universe. It's the ONLY reason you would ask me this...
You want to either be me.. the man who can have it all, and manifests his own destiny, a man who can have his cake and eat it too... OR you just want to play with my nuts this morning. :)
Ha ha ...have you been reading "the Secret" and smoking MJ at the same time ?
I would not want to have your life if it came with a free set of steak knives.
Jeez man, having a woman like you have as the mother of your son scares the bejuleps out of me.
There is no freakin' mysterious "reason" that this is happening to you.
It is simply happening to you because you made bad choices.

Anyways, I have not much else to do today so I might as ride along with your post for a bit.
But you genuinely sound like a good father.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Ha ha ...have you been reading "the Secret" and smoking MJ at the same time ?
I would not want to have your life if it came with a free set of steak knives.
Jeez man, having a woman like you have as the mother of your son scares the bejuleps out of me.
There is no freakin' mysterious "reason" that this is happening to you.
It is simply happening to you because you made bad choices.

Anyways, I have not much else to do today so I might as ride along with your post for a bit.
But you genuinely sound like a good father.
What's with the 20 questions? lol! ..I'm gonna call you Curious George. :)

"But you genuinely sound like a good father."

See, it's going to be hard to talk smack now with comments like that.

Bad choices, good choices.. it's all irrelevant really. Things do happen for a reason, and I honestly believe that. Too much has happen in my life to make me think otherwise. Do I believe in God? ....all I got to do is look at my son to know that answer.
As far as "having the woman" that I have... I have A LOT of women in my life, and I'm truly blessed to have them all. Every single one of them. The good ones, and the bad.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bwahahahaha. I knew this thread was going down hill from here.

Not trying to dog on you in your times of trouble, however,
That qualifer means, I'm gonna insult you, but don't get mad about it please. LOLOLOLOLOL. And true to form I wake up to find the rest of this BS.

Dude if people always made correct choices and could predict the future they wouldn't be here now would they? Easy up jo. I'm sure all of your choices were perfect and your only here to share your perfection with us. LOLOLOLOL.

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question ladiesman..How did u meet ur mother of ur son? was it a rebound from ur ex wife? details plz.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude if people always made correct choices and could predict the future they wouldn't be here now would they? Easy up jo. I'm sure all of your choices were perfect and your only here to share your perfection with us. LOLOLOLOL.
Well, since we're all being very frank with each other (all in good fun, I hope), where did you read into that Jo's life is perfect? He was just pointing out an important lesson to be learned from here.

Sure maybe the "universe" or God or whatever put this woman into the guy's life to teach him some sort of lesson, but it could also just be that the guy made a bad choice.

People don't tend to turn into hard partying alcoholics over night....especially after the birth of a child. Is it possible there might have been some red flags?

I'm just saying....

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
Well, since we're all being very frank with each other (all in good fun, I hope), where did you read into that Jo's life is perfect? He was just pointing out an important lesson to be learned from here.
LOL. Of course his isn't perfect. Are you serious? That's kinda the point.

Lexington said:
Sure maybe the "universe" or God or whatever put this woman into the guy's life to teach him some sort of lesson, but it could also just be that the guy made a bad choice.

People don't tend to turn into hard partying alcoholics over night....especially after the birth of a child. Is it possible there might have been some red flags?

I'm just saying....
I'm sure there were red flags. There were some with my ex, but at the time I didn't have the experience to even know what they were. Now I can see them a mile away. Hell I didn't even know she smoked cigarettes and had quit when she started dating me because I didn't smoke. You never know everything about everyone. There is no fool proof system despite what people here will tell you.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
TheLadiesMan said:

It's obvious that you love and want the best for your child.

At the same time, you have to understand what Jophil is doing here. He wants you to be an example to the younger generation that marries and breeds as a "matter of course" instead of thinking it through...that this ISN'T the environment in which to be living, let alone managing another life.

There's a guy in my program (got stuck in an a substance abuse program as a condition of PBJ on my DUI) who married a BPD woman and had a kid by her. Now she has the kid, is spreading lies about him, and is constantly making his life miserable...he's going through the same crap, trying to prove to the court that he wants what's best for his child and to get his visitation in order.

But the most amazing thing is that he completely FAILED to learn his lesson in the FIRST place. He is ALREADY "shacked up" with ANOTHER woman who has a problem-child by another man and has already cheated on him once.

But they're "gonna try to work it out". :rolleyes: It takes a lot of restraint not to just call him an idiot to his face.

I applaud what you're doing to take care of your child. But by the same virtue, don't glorify it. Noble though your actions are, they are necessitated by you making some BIG mistakes, and all Jophil wants you to do is acknowledge that to both yourself (so you don't make them again) and to the others here (so they don't make the same mistakes).

That's all. :)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am so happy that the outcome has been wonderful.
determination!!!!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLadiesMan said:
Things do happen for a reason, and I honestly believe that. Too much has happen in my life to make me think otherwise. Do I believe in God? ....all I got to do is look at my son to know that answer..
I do believe things happen for a reason too, things have a way of 'working out'.

The fact that you see your son that way, makes me think that the choices you've made in life, do have their rewards.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, Jophil, the lawyers don't feed on your misery, any more than a doctor feeds on a cancer patients suffering.

And LadiesMan, if you think that the universe or God works in a mysterious way, such that you can get back with your twice divorced infertile ex wife and raise a kid from your second divorce marriage with her, you are beyond help.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
No, Jophil, the lawyers don't feed on your misery, any more than a doctor feeds on a cancer patients suffering.

And LadiesMan, if you think that the universe or God works in a mysterious way, such that you can get back with your twice divorced infertile ex wife and raise a kid from your second divorce marriage with her, you are beyond help.
Did we read the same thing? LOL! :crazy:

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted this on another thread but it could apply to your situation too. I've been through this deal so here goes:

Take a video camera with you to the children exchanges just in case things get wierd (helps defend you against the lies she will tell when the police are called) , and write down everything --- conversations, phone calls, e-mails, face to face meetings, with a sentence or two (or more if necessary) about what happened, the time and date.(ALWAYS TIME AND DATE!!!)

Develop all of this stuff as a LOG BOOK and be sure to also write what the kids are telling you with dates and times.

If things get confrontational WALK AWAY!!!(in the eyes of the police YOU are the default aggressor in ANY domestic call even if you are the one who called them)(This is where the video camera MAY save you)

If you have regular organized documentation with dates and times you might have a chance when things go south and she starts trying to withold the children, turn them against you, calling the cops for no reason, and taking you to court.

Beleive me you have NO IDEA how well these chicks can 'play' a courtroom.

I've seen this first hand and I'm telling you ----START NOW!!!!

It's better to have this stuff and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I really feel for you and your kids.

I'm glad you got out but I also know what you may have ahead of you and JEEEEEZ !!!!!!!!

Over and Out.

EDIT ----- Also see a lawyer for advice about protection orders, custody modifications and inforcement, ad litiums for the kids, etc. NOW --- before the shooting starts!!!!! (sounds like you already have)

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLadiesMan said:
Things change, and people change. No one can predict the future.

Things happen for a reason. Had I not met this woman, I wouldn't of had the son that I have now. You can argue this thing till the cows come home but that's just the honest truth, and it happens everyday.

I believe that in the end, everything will work out. It always does...

My ex-wife and I never could have any kids, and we tried A LOT (12 years). It ultimately was the demise of our marriage. She re-married, and after 5 years, divorced again.
She's been divorced for 2 years now, and recently contacted me via FB. We've been open with each other and it's not impossible that her and I could get back together, after all, we did spend a lot of years with each other. She still wants a baby, and she'd make a good mother for my son. We've even talked about adoption. Her family obviously are fro us getting back together as they are the ones responsible for us talking now. Who knows... but one thing is for sure...

This is what I read, I don't know what anyone else read.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people who get married likely don't plan on it failing. And all people have faults -- being a good parent or being a good partner in a relationship doesn't require perfection from anything.

Give this guy a bit of a break. He's clearly working hard to forge a positive life for his child, and its clear that having this child in his life brings him intense reward and greater lust for life itself.

We ought to be very wise about whom we decide to have a child with. Because in doing so we attach ourselves to them. But we also should be aware that even a marriage under the best intentions, with a child under the best intentions, cannot predict all of the dynamics of life and the self.

TheLadiesMan -- You obviously love your son very much and are working hard to give him a good life.

peace.