Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Curing a hangover....

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious as to some ideas for preventing or curing a hangover. I'm going on vacation in a month where I'll likely be getting fukked up at night but sightseeing all day long. I can't afford a hangover. My ideas are as follows:

1) Don't smoke
2) Down some Gatorade the next morning
3) Crackers and milk before you start drinking
4) Drink lots of water before bed
5) Pop alot of headache pills

Feel free to add to the list and share your own miracle cures for hangovers.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Just curious as to some ideas for preventing or curing a hangover. I'm going on vacation in a month where I'll likely be getting fukked up at night but sightseeing all day long. I can't afford a hangover. My ideas are as follows:

1) Don't smoke
2) Down some Gatorade the next morning
3) Crackers and milk before you start drinking
4) Drink lots of water before bed
5) Pop alot of headache pills

Feel free to add to the list and share your own miracle cures for hangovers.
How about not drinking too much?

"If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fitch said:
How about not drinking too much?

"If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."
QFT

drink enough to get a buzz going, cap it off at that. 1 drink per hour maintenance after that point.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fitch said:
How about not drinking too much
Not an option....looking for feasible ways to conquer a hangover on vacation....ie, I probably won't have access to cabbage or pickle juice...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the point in blasting yourself. I usually drink only if it tastes good. Seems pointless to me to get hammered just for the sake of getting hammered. Like mentioned above, if I get a buzz, I cut back a tad.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink water scaled to the volume of alcohol you drink. You get a hangover because you're dehydrated. You will lose your buzz because of water though, so don't drink it until right before you go to sleep and first thing after you wake up. Remember how much you'll have to piss because of this, so work the timing right.

Drinking water before sleep is more important than when you wake up. Water completely negates the effects of a hangover, in my experience.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fusel oils also play a VERY big role in hangovers. Not much you can do about those, except drink cleaner liquors (purest vodka or everclear you can find).

A buddy of mine used to make his own liquor from homebrew everclear and it was far and above the best stuff EVER. It was super pure and very much free of fusel oils.
I drank .5L of his 100 proof vodka in one night, woke up before anyone else and started jamming out a Pantera album very loud while I cleaned up the party mess. I felt fantastic, and I didn't drink any extra water, didn't eat anything while drunk, and didn't even throw up. I did require assistance to make it to my bedroom when I crashed out, which my blonde HB neighbor kindly obliqued.
I've had worse hangovers from a 6pk of Optimator than that vodka.

Oh, and HB was pissed about the Pantera at 9am thing, too. lol