Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cultural Differences in DJ'ing , etc.

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was to Italy for a few weeks this past summer to visit some family in the town I was originally born in. A couple of my cousins and I drove for the weekend once to the nearest big city which is Naples. There you have club-life, etc, similar to any big city around here or in the rest of Europe as well of course. The women in Italy , the Italian women I'm talking about here not immigrant women from ......you name it; there are immigrants there from all over now......... but the Italian women there EXPECT the men to be DJ's. To be macks. You simply have to be. If you sit at the club like a wallflower they will think you're either gay or have no balls. They expect crass comments as they walk down the street, catcalls, etc etc. Even guys to follow them for a half a block or so and request their cell # repeatedly (everyone has a cell now in Rome or Naples ; part of what they call the "bella figura", which means beautiful figure, or person). So everyone wants to cut a "bella figura" when they're out (you won't see guys in Italy going out dressed the way some American guys , not all but some , dress; usually these are total AFC's who dress so poorly here by the way). I've seen guys here at some of these sports bars lately wearing things I wouldn't want to go to bed in ! They actually go to a sports bar, where there are several HB waitresses and customers, dressed so poorly.

But anyway over there , as part of the culture, the women are used to and expect the "machismo" to come from us. We have to , you know, unbutton our shirts some, reveal our chain and "dago-t" underneath, and say something when she passes by us or we see her at the club. They'll wonder if they're not good-looking if the men fail to. Confirming my theory on all this, later after I came back here this summer I started (briefly) dating this Colombian chick. We found that we had a striking amount in common due to the fact that from speaking Italian I was also able to understand and speak the majority of her Spanish and furthermore there were many cultural similarities. One non-DJ related cultural similarity that was really unexpected to me was that the "patron saint" of my hometown ( a very obscure tiny rural town and a very obscure saint as well) is the same one that is the patron of Colombia, and of Quito, Ecuador , as well. A key DJ-related cultural similarity however was the expectation of women regarding men. Colombian women, just like Italian women it turns out, expect the men to be flat-out dominant. She told me one night over coffee, "Over here, these men are , how do you say in English, poo-sies man ! I see lot of good looking guys, and they look at me , and they don't say nothing !! In Bogota they would be following me down the street!" And that's what reminded me of Italy again. The cultural similarities regarding DJ'ing and just male/female relations in general. I was talking to a well-educated friend of mine about this and he simply said, "They are both what have traditionally been known as Latin cultures." By this he went on to say that he was referring to what he called "gaudy" Roman Catholicism, hot tempers, passionate people, men who hit on - and sometimes unfortunately literally hit - women , all the time.

So it's amazing how different the cultures are. Much of the reason, I think at least, why American men (again not ALL but many) appear so "castrated" socially is that this country was founded by (and originally pretty much FOR) White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, with a totally different ethical , political, religious, and moral "outlook". In many ways, men today may well be victims of not only "feminism" gone out of control, but also victims of what is ultimately a holdover from this nation's prudish "Victorian" English past and origins.

~Dino~

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And this is why I love Italian and Spanish women... :up:

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've got it, Francisco. When I've been in "relationships", I have been usually almost exclusively (w/a few exceptions of course) with Hispanic women. We just always seem to "click" so well , in all the right ways. ;)

Borgon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I must agree, I am from panama and it is known among latin countries to be full of djs. I guess its a social thing.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DinoCassanova

I think at least, why American men (again not ALL but many) appear so "castrated" socially is that this country was founded by (and originally pretty much FOR) White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, with a totally different ethical , political, religious, and moral "outlook".

In many ways, men today may well be victims of not only "feminism" gone out of control, but also victims of what is ultimately a holdover from this nation's prudish "Victorian" English past and origins.
I am thinking there are other even more powerful differences.
There are some cultural differences between the North and the South of US. in the North part of US women are much more...cold, which seems natural. Besides that tehnorth is developed to a greater exent, and women have much more opportunities to get a job and forget about men. It is not so much down South.
This is crucial, since if you look only at White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, 50 years ago the situation was very good: women eveyrwhere wanted men. Now, they got the money, jobs, why would they want men?? All they want is attention in teh bar and ONS with a Pierce Brosnan. Thats it.

I am not very sure women love when a guy chasing her a couple of blocks, it looks like.. stalkiing to me, even in Europe.
The thing is in many Southern Europen cultures women WANT men. They are willing to flirt, date and have a family. So they simply allow men to chase them...
Here is us many men simply reflect women's attitude: women do not want, well... men pretend they do not want women as well.
But the culprit here is not so much the culture, but rather money (i.e. job opportunities for women). Somehow I see that the clinate is tied with that.

So if you bring Italian women to US, I am sure they will get spoiled immediately. Why? Thats simple: do you know many single women in Italy who gets 50-80k per year?
Talking Sex in the City mentality.
I am sure it will work in teh opposity way: bring American women to Southern Italy, where they woudl earn... I don't know... 15k?
And observe how fast they would figure out they love men!

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking Sex in the City mentality.

>>> Exactly right al77. That Sex and the City mentality, as you called it, is another huge part of what has gone wrong for men , AND for women, in this country, and yes it tends to be particulary concentrated in the big northern or midwestern US cities, particularly NY and Chicago, and then also out west in LA.

Another TV-show "mentality" that has , in my opinion at least, done a lot of psychic damage to men (and women) here is the Will & Grace mentality. This show teaches young guys (and girls) that living a gay lifestyle is perfectly normal , and that young men should perhaps even seriously consider it if, say, they don't have a g/f yet or something like that. The fact of the matter is, gay men tend to live grossly promiscuous lives, particularly when they're in the "fast lane" (again in big cities like Chicago, NY, LA) , and it's a known fact that they wind up with way more STD's and oftentimes , obviously, with HIV/AIDS and therefore live shorter and much less overall healthy lives than hetero men. I think it's horrible to give that idea to young impressionable teenage guys who might think there's "something wrong" with them just because they haven't had a g/f yet. "Maybe I'm just like Will ?? " Shows like this help socially castrate young men. I think promoting homosexuality as a "good choice" for young men is terrible. Leading them to think that men and women should regularly seek to live a lifestyle like that, and do things that are essentially against "nature's way", like preferring sex only with other men and living with women as your "best friends" but never having the faintest desire to get w/ them, is also seriously screwed up. And since I'm on my anti-gay soapbox here, let me tell you something very candid (and , sorry, but very gross) here; I've seen things during the time I was in jail that many other guys here have not (fortunately for them). Love, real romantic sexual love like that which can exist between any man and any woman, between two MEN is NOT possible. It's a disgusting aberration. The way those men live, with their gay bars and clubs, etc., is a disgusting aberration. Getting the blood and sh*t of another man on your pr!ck is NOT "scoring", and it's NOT anything like what Mother Nature intended; any sane human being who has ever seen a human male and female body can tell you that. At best it's a waste of sexual vitality and energy and (reproductively-speaking) sperm, and at worst it's just a flat-out degrading and disease-prone perversion. They should tell the kids THAT for a change or let them see the REALITIES of homosexuality (like an AIDS patient covered in KS lesions for example), instead of making it seem as though living w/your "best female friend" and going flitting around from gay bar to gay bar in Manhattan is the ideal and people w/families or straights in general are "boring" or "bourgeois".

Same goes with the Sex And the City mentality; being part of a group of who-ers who spend their lives tramping around Manhattan , getting abortions, never having steady men, and just being prissy good-for-nothing b!tches in general, is NOT what females should be shown to be the "ideal" to aim for in life.

Then we wonder why society and culture, in America in particular, is so hopelessly messed up. Why you have men who are afraid of women, have no (or very low) self-esteem , and have to be professionally-trained to learn to say hello to a female. It's because they're socially castrated at a young age here, and the women are taught that they're supposed to be the ones "in charge" and "empowered" and we're supposed to cower before their almighty power of "rejection". I say F ' em. We're men, we're the dominant ones, it's our world, they're just living in it.

~Dino~

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That Sex and the City mentality, as you called it, is another huge part of what has gone wrong for men , AND for women, in this country, and yes it tends to be particulary concentrated in the big northern or midwestern US cities, particularly NY and Chicago, and then also out west in LA.

Another TV-show "mentality" that has , in my opinion at least, done a lot of psychic damage to men (and women) here is the Will & Grace mentality. This show teaches young guys (and girls) that living a gay lifestyle is perfectly normal

Why you have men who are afraid of women, have no (or very low) self-esteem , and have to be professionally-trained to learn to say hello to a female. It's because they're socially castrated at a young age here, and the women are taught that they're supposed to be the ones "in charge" and "empowered" and we're supposed to cower before their almighty power of "rejection".
I guess here is pure business comes to into view. The more jobs opportunities women have, the more money they have. The more money they have, the more they can buy. Therefore TV simply started to cater much more to women with Sex & City, Will & Grace kind of things.
And what do women want? Friging "liberation" from men when they have money. Since TV cannot liberate women literally and cannot even "liberate" them in any other way, what they do they simply put down men!!! Fora straight man even a gay hint is some sort of insult. So they use it!!! they dress men in pink and say it is ok... women love it, cuz they put down men witout doing anything..TV did it for them!

Look at some other popular shows, that seems not so much sexist at first: Everyone loves Raymond.
Raymond is just a clueless chump, and his wife is always right. His dad is an old cynic, his mom is alway right. His brother is always dumb. There is no good men there... they all either evil or dumb. Who do they cater to???? Women's mind! Why? Cuz the more they show how stupid men are, they more women (with money) willl be glued to the telly. And when they watch commercials in between stupid Raymond's moves, then it all pay off: those women would happily remeber the crap they are trying to sell.

So in a way, it will only worse, even much worse: the better the economy is doing, the less women will be sane in this society.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just want to ask a question here.

since equality in career and finances between men and women has been achieved in the west, and since this equality women have been kicking our asses, what does that say about men? If we cannot gain the upper hand now that the sexes are on an even footing, what does that say about us?

shumon

Banned
Reaction score
Hi I'm asian, and the asian women are very different to other women, therefore u wud have to use different types of djing skills on them. So like u say different cultures would require different djing skills.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half full vs half empty

That's because the Italian women are focused on the positive side of sexuality, rather than the negative side.

Over here in the USA, women are often so focused on discouraging men they don't want that they end up discouraging those they do want. And most men act accordingly.

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deserves a sticky.
ps. This is why most american women will tell you they want a nice guy but **** the badass player, its because they say what society has ingrained to them, but they cant change their instincts.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've got it, Francisco. When I've been in "relationships", I have been usually almost exclusively (w/a few exceptions of course) with Hispanic women. We just always seem to "click" so well , in all the right ways. ;)
And another great thing about them is that they appreciate a strong man because they are usually very dynamic and self sufficient women themselves. All of that while being some of the most 'womanly' women on the planet. A strong guy thrives when with a woman like that and those women revel in the presence of a truly strong man.

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Over here in the USA, women are often so focused on discouraging men they don't want that they end up discouraging those they do want. And most men act accordingly.

>>> That's all true also.

Another thing is that successful women here in America today are all on the lookout for the BBD (Bigger Better Deal) constantly. Therefore, HB8's thru 10, can be f*%#*d (if necessary by straight LYING to their stuck-up a$$es) but are not worth the trouble of trying to hold onto for a LTR. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. You can never say or imply literally "ALL". But I guarantee you that in general this is true.

Go to any of the real hot trendy clubs in Chicago (and I'm sure it's the same in all big cities) , tonight for instance, and take a look at the real HB's that you see there. 9 out of 10 of them, possibly at some of these places 10 out of 10, are good for nothing but a one-nighter. They are stuck-up money-grubbing B!tches. That's why I have no bad conscience about lying to them and fabricating the reality that they want to believe about me (or any other guy that they get with) in order to get what I want from them. And I recommend other aspiring DJ's to do the same. You'll NEVER find the "love of your life" (if you even want or are looking for such a thing) in a club or a bar.

~Dino~

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhhh, the BBD. I remember getting caught up in that mess when I was younger (my nice guy days). Whenever I come across a woman that attempts to qualify me by what I do, who I know or what I have; NEXT!!!

That's why I discourage guys who want to impress women with their high paying jobs, exotic cars, big house, you know. The fact is that no matter how much they have, there's another guy out there who has more. Women who are into the BBD will seek out this other guy 9 times out of 10 unless she suckers a guy to marry her.

Because of that, I always keep my eyes out for 'Alpha Women.' Yeah, I know, these women have their own set of issues usually but there are still those that you can work with and teach them that although they may be alpha in their business world, there is a different dynamic to adhere to in relationships.

Here's an interesting thread about Alpha Women.
The new trophy wife (or girlfriend): Alpha-Women

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well people are prolly afraid of being sued in america , sexual herrasment or whatever they call,,, u people sue anyone if u can , just like england or brittain as some say.... =P

u call a girls sexy mama and whistle a little at her and she gets mad and says u shouldnt treat me like a piece of meat or sumthing and then gets a laworder against u....
=P

(i know this isent all true , but its somewhat true =P )