Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

crunches for 6 pack?

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know im jumping the gun but im going to be dedicated to losing my fat .. ive got a plan setup and stuff and drinking 1 gallon of water a day minumum and no more unhealthy shizz.. anyway to the question..

After i lose the flab and my chest is flat.. will tons of crunches each night get me a six pack? i wanna get the ladies.. :)

Last edited:

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First you need to start cutting. You will not get great abs doing this because you need access calories to gain muscle. So doing tons of crunches is not going to help. After you cut down to where you want to be.

Then you want to start bulking. Do heavy weight, low reps 6-8.

I have never seen my abs in my life before. Then I stared to work then only ONCE a week with heavy weights. They started to show even while I was gaining fat while bulking. Since its summer I am cutting and they are looking great.

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah

im going to do 2 times 3 different ways 40 reps crunches before bed every night or so and start running with a friend hes a damn buff punk i doubt i will keep uip lol and gonna start wight lifting . i drank 1 and 1/2 gallon water damn i feel good except gotta piss lol.. anyway hope i have that luck..

sirmackalot2

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a six pack, and i'm telling u that the best way to get a six pack is to do a variety of ab exercises in a circuit. i do crunches, reverse crunches,leg raises, twisting crunches, oblique crunches, and super crunches. do these exercises and u will have a six pack in no time.:D

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uhh

what would all of those be? lol from 10th grade fitness this last year they showed us the leg rais and the crunch where you switch sides and stuff i think thats the twist one right?

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
bicycle crunches are the best. they require about half the effort of those stupid machines and work more effectively. try doing 100 of those and ur already burned out.

took me about 2-3 weeks to get a sixpack... I know i'm lean too, but other lean people i know who did other exercises got little compared to me.

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Wez
bicycle crunches are the best. they require about half the effort of those stupid machines and work more effectively. try doing 100 of those and ur already burned out.

took me about 2-3 weeks to get a sixpack... I know i'm lean too, but other lean people i know who did other exercises got little compared to me.
Could you describe bicycle crunches?

Thanks.

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm

well after i cut i will give it a try but til then i will keep doing my crunches before bed. One of my friends has a 6 pack he told me he does 500 crunches every night and it takes abuot an hour... i dont know he could be BSing me..

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
doing a a million crunches, with 18 different routines, then having that Big Mac Extra value meal for lunch and dinner aint gonna cut it.

you'll end up with VERY strong ab muscles that are surrounded by a thick layer of fat. whats even more f*ck'd up is that your new found ab muscles will be so worked up and strong, that they will actually push out that fat around your bellie even more, making you look pregnant.

start with your diet first, there's tons of machines and exercises to get you that 8 pack..but the diet is the foundation.

-HQ

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bicycle crunches:
Lay on ya back like you are doing normal crunches and have your legs doing the motions that you would do when pedaling a bicycle. When your knee is raised you do a crunch to that knee, and when the other knee is raised you do a crunch to the other knee...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this before, hope it helps...

Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
just find a time that works best 4 u and stick to it. For me, I do 2 sets of 50 crunches right before I get my shower to go to sleep every night. I started out at like 25 a night but after a while your muscles adapt and it isn't as much as a workout.
Things to rememeber when doing sit-ups are:
Use your stomach to lift, NOT your neck-This is how most people mess up. When I do crunches, the key is to try and raise my whole upper body at once, not just in sections, you just have to foucs on using you stomach muscles and conciously tell your mind to use them.

If you think you might be using your neck too much: do crunches with your hands on the back of your neck. If you can feel the muscle in your neck bulge a lot then you know you are doing it wrong. Just focus on your stomach more when doing them. At the end of a set or two you should feel the burn in your stomach, not your neck or arms

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 sets of 25-30 crunches every other day has worked pretty well for me so far. I think the most important thing is keeping good form. Your stomach muscles work like an accordion, not a hinge. So even basic crunches done properly work all of your stomach muscles. One thing that seems to help also is to hold the crunch at the top for a second before releasing.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that you wont get results with your guys' methods, but doing 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps of weighted crunches will give you much better-looking abs in a much shorter amount of time. Just thought I'd throw weighted crunches out there, because I would hate for someone to read this thread and think they have to do 50+ crunches every night.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but unless you have a weight set or access to a gym, you can't really do weighted crunches...Can you? :confused:

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it may be one of those ab cruncher things, but theres a cheap wheel thing you can buy. Looks like it won't do anything, and if you do a roll on your knees it won't, but try and do it from standing all the way down till your pecs hit the ground and then back up, works the back and stomach.

Jinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
Yeah, but unless you have a weight set or access to a gym, you can't really do weighted crunches...Can you? :confused:
You can buy single barbell weights to do them, doesn't take an entire weight set

And concentrated crunches work very well too, although they're more for endurance than a pack, the pack will come before long also.