Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

CrossFit or Gym Jones Disciples?

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys have tried or are on the fence in terms of starting one of these programs.

I am a huge advocate of CF and generally do 4-5 Workouts of the Day or WOD's per week. Prior to starting CF in the spring of 2008 I did traditional Bodybuilding, Calisthenics, and Running about 6 days a week since 2004. I still do bodybuilding from time to time, but I don't remember the last time I actually trained on a "split". Honestly, don't even remember last time I did a Biceps curl.

I will say without a doubt that I am in the best shape of my life thanks to CrossFit.. I am leaned out at 5'10 and 200lbs (I was about 175lbs and flabby with no muscle after finishing RANGER school about 5 months ago.. which is a shame considering I started at a very lean 195 last fall).. I am also running better than ever, and stronger too.

I know a lot of people dislike the mentality behind CF, but just about everyone I know can get something out of it and in such a short period of time. For instance the WOD today was: Run 800m, do 30 Kettlebell/Dumbell swings, and 30 Pullups.. 5 Rounds for time. I don't care how good of shape you are in, that workout will blast you.. I know it sent me reeling and I almost lost my pre workout coffee on a few of the sprints.. That is approx 40-60 minutes of suffering, and then its over..

Tomorrow's WOD is to run 10K or 6.2 miles.. Now obviously unless you are a really strong runner you wont do that.. I will probably aim to run 4 or 5 miles and then do a shorter WOD.. So basically you scale the workout to fit your athletic capabilities and schedule..

I will end by saying it will get you in the best shape of your life. Especially if you couple it with a healthy diet and a lot of hydration..

www.crossfit.com.. don't knock it til you give it a shot..

Rangers Lead the Way!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do Ross Enamait inspired workouts for conditioning. Some straight out of his books, some using ideas taken from them.

I don't really like the Crossfit cult mentality and the "our way is the best/only way" attitude that a lot of its members seem to have.

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Though I have never done the crossfit stuff, I am a very big fan of it. As a wrestler I understand the concepts behind the works outs, they make you an endurance/strength machine while giving you the excellent body build. Crossfit is for people who really want to be fit, and not just look like riod heads by picking up iron everyday and building useless muscle you don't need. These are how the guys from 300 got in shape for their movie role.

Currently I just run 4miles, 200 pushups of different variation, 80 pulls/chinups with different variation and different variation of abs. This is my mourning workout that I do 4 to 5 times a week, takes me about 1:30-2hours to complete. Then I go to wrestling practice at 7 for 2 hours.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Ranger, I'm a crossfit addict too. I did the traditional bbing splits for a while, got into powerlifting and then found crossfit. After never really running I got down to a 6:30 mile in about 2 months. Not I'm at about 5:45 for the mile, while actually gaining weight and strength. It's a fun program, but Im with the guy that said that their members are d*cks.

Reaction score
Splat,

Rite on dude.. and awesome on turning the 5:45 mile.. I haven't run a sub 6 since the good old days when I weight 175lbs and was running 12:30, 2 miles..

But yeah I definitely am an addict, but at the same time, I don't knock other training programs. However, I will say that without a doubt, it has gotten me into the best shape of my life. I have used it pretty much exclusively since I finished Ranger school and it has done wonders..