Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crosscountry

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been doing a strength training routine all summer, and I've been happy with my results.
This week, I've started the cross country season, so I'm running for a good 45 min. to 90 min. a day.

I've always been skinny, and this summer was the first time I really seemed to bulk up significantly. I'm worried that all this running from cross country is going to make me skinny again. I look at the rest of the team, and everyone is like a twig. I don't want to end up like that because I want to do sprinting in winter track. Sprinters need to have a strong upper body. I also don't want to look like a twig.

Is there a way to keep my weight on during the season? Can I still do strength training after my daily run, or will it not be effective?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yookiwooki said:
I look at the rest of the team, and everyone is like a twig.
You said it yourself dude. No decent cross country runner is going to be particularly muscular. Look at the olympic long distance runners. All fairly skinny.

The body will always do what's efficient for it. If you make it run for extended periods on a daily basis it will jettison excess 'baggage' so the running becomes more efficient - in this case it will burn muscle mass (as well as fat of course).

If you want to sprint in winter, why not sprint now?

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the fall, crosscountry is my only option. I still want to be on the team though. I don't think I could commit much to working out on my own in the next few months. Classes are starting, and without a team supporting me, it would be hard to get to the gym on the little free time I have left.

I guess I should just work on getting my strength back between fall and winter seasons.

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yookiwooki said:
Classes are starting, and without a team supporting me, it would be hard to get to the gym on the little free time I have left.
Football(American)? Rugby?