Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

CRITIQUE my opener: Girlfriend w/ man as best friend

dr0pxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out guys, Let me know what you would do with it, I think it hits alot of topics (jealousy,lying,platonic relationships,etc....)Perhaps a little to long?

The Jealous Boyfriend

Hey can I get your opinion real quick? See my friend Tim over there has been dating this girl for 4 months and just moved in with her.It just so happens that her best friend THAT IS A GUY lives a floor below.She says they have best friends for 7+ years and that they used to date. Do you guys think he should be worried?

A:How long have they been friends?How long did they date?I would be ok with that.

I only have a second but this is what is weirding him out.She will make an excuse to go down there for 5 to 15 minutes at a time.Tim said one time she came back missing a earing!SEE, he is giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusts her, but he still FEELS like there is something going on. What would you do if you were him? I told him he could hire me as a PI for a hefty fee, because it SOUNDS fishy.

SPring board- follow up
Woo lies more
:Have you ever had a best friend of the oppoiste sex? Did you guys date, have problems with each others partners,etc...?
:Would you ever get PI for someone you were dating or married to?

Other related questions:
Believe in platonic relationship? Guys vs girls views.

Problems:
SImple intriguing question: Opener has long beggining

Apply time constraints. "real quick", "and I only have a second"
maybe it needs another in there towards then end before jumping subjects

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

dr0p

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if she needs a guy best friend then her BF is lacking in something, she is mental or he is gay. It won't lead to a healthy LTR but for an open relationship it would be fine.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this best friend she has prob wants her, and its gonna mess it up for the bf. Cuz he's gonna bash the bf to her and shes prob gonna beeleive it. I hate those close male firends girls have for that reason. that and the fat girl friends they have that put down every guy they date

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(Guys, the story is imaginary. It's just an opener.) :crazy:

I can't imagine saying that without doing some other opener 1st. Like, if you're already talking about how long you guys have lived in the town ("do you live around here?" hur hurr), this would be a good way to get the convo out of the standard area.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL Apparently, it opens guys really well!!!

Long Vs. Short Debate:
The longer the opener the more it will tend to hurry your delivery, and that can make you seem nervous. The longer the opener the more cognitive power is taken up to reconstruct the opener, so you won't respond much outside of trying to think of this story's next piece. This is all in general though, and it varies for each person. I can't tell you what's going to work for you, but the sure way to find out is to go test on 30 people over a 3 day period.

I would focus more on making it appear to have just came up, or in this case that you randomly selected them to ask. If you make a straight line to them and then do an opinion opener it's too obvious that you are just scared to say you wanted to meet them and are using a cover, they may play along but in that case it would've been better to just drop the opinion opener and chat them up. When I used opinion openers regularly, the "Double-Take" as demonstrated by Lovedrop worked very well for me. Or you could be just standing somewhere chatting to a friend and ask them as they walk by or whatever or as you walk past them, it's not the end of the world otherwise but something to keep in mind. Basically, I haven't found much of anything that just won't ever work, I guess the worst thing is to go into their proxemity, hover, and then try to open. LOL.

To be honest, unless you are trying to seduce actresses or something, you probably can just walk up to them and start blabbing without all the elaborate setup. I've had good results just telling women I like to meet them or saying I noticed something interesting about her and just had to meet her.

In short, I think you should be far more concerned with how you do the approach itself, how you engage the group and get complaince or not, and so on. The actual words mumbled over loud music in a smokey bar with many intoxicated women is probably not the most crucial thing. Also, with the rise in popularity of opinion openers I see some PUAs have been shifting strategies.