Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine & Hair loss

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree to a point. However, a 80/20 or 70/30 keto diet can be fine long term in my personal opinion. I've been on it since 2016; no issues.
The benefits of carnivore / keto are from the elimination of white sugar and refined carbohydrates. This can be done to the exact same effect without the exclusion of vegetables and fiber-rich carbohydrates.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Interesting you say this, because I can find absolutely 0 evidence to support this, and I have not experienced this personally.

See, if you had evidence that supported your claims, you could then also rely on credibility from authority. But since you have no evidence and still decided to use the authority position, it now makes me question both your credentials and position.
That's okay. Freedom of choice. Going by personal experience and what I've observed. Proceed as you wish. Just adding my .02 cents. It's worth what you've paid for it.

The benefits of carnivore / keto are from the elimination of white sugar and refined carbohydrates. This can be done to the exact same effect without the exclusion of vegetables and fiber-rich carbohydrates.
Excluding vegetables is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
30% veggies and some fruits. I've never said to cut out veggies. There's really a lot to select and keep a nice variety.

I make deserts too. There's really a world one can explore within the keto realm. As a dude who went from 350+ lbs to around 178 (I've been as low as 156 lbs); I can attest that my numbers are perfect and all is well. However, if someone else wants to do their own thing; that's cool too. Been doing this for over 8 years, and I'm doing pretty good. Again, this is my experience. I am not suggesting or recommending it for anyone else.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can’t you find any evidence about it?
Can you? The only information I found when searching creatine + dehydration was saying that it does the opposite. You're welcome to prove me wrong.

People without a medical or science degree/professional experience should shut up and when it comes to health
That's a very dangerous position to take.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I work in the ER, so relax. I know more than many. Don't get your panty's all up in a bunch; and I don't hang out with pharma bros ask you call it.
Let me ask you this.

How many people have you treated in the ER for Creatine related issues versus people you have treated for Prescription Drug related issues?

I'm going to bet it's at least 500:1 in favor of Prescription drugs if not more like 1000:1

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Can you? The only information I found when searching creatine + dehydration was saying that it does the opposite. You're welcome to prove me wrong.

That's a very dangerous position to take.
Refs:

I will also state, every person is different, and just because it happens to one, doesn't mean it will happen to others. I will further state that the quality of creatine probably is important as well.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Let me ask you this.

How many people have you treated in the ER for Creatine related issues versus people you have treated for Prescription Drug related issues?

I'm going to bet it's at least 500:1 in favor of Prescription drugs if not more like 1000:1
The stories I can tell people of what I've seen and shown. I've treated many due to dehydration issues. I do not recall how many had high creatinine levels, but the blood work usually has those tracked; especially with kidney function issues.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've treated many due to dehydration issues. I do not recall how many had high creatinine levels, but the blood work usually has those tracked; especially with kidney function issues.
This is a fair observation, but creatinine levels are also often elevated by those who do weightlifting - particularly hypertrophy. My creatinine levels were above the reference range for my last 3-4 blood tests and I was not supplementing creatine during any of those times.

It absolutely can point to poor kidney function, but that alone is not good indicator of kidney function issues - situation dependent.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
This is a fair observation, but creatinine levels are also often elevated by those who do weightlifting - particularly hypertrophy. My creatinine levels were above the reference range for my last 3-4 blood tests and I was not supplementing creatine during any of those times.

It absolutely can point to poor kidney function, but that alone is not good indicator of kidney function issues - situation dependent.
Completely agree that it's data and person to person dependent. What works for Rickthetoad may or may not work for Money & Muscle or EyeBRollin.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The stories I can tell people of what I've seen and shown. I've treated many due to dehydration issues. I do not recall how many had high creatinine levels, but the blood work usually has those tracked; especially with kidney function issues.
I know as a black person we have higher blood protein levels and are at higher risk for kidney disease. I’ve never tried creatine. Fortunately, my creatinine and all blood protein levels are in the normal reference range. I do strength training twice a week. Nothing too crazy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes. And considering the average person is in a near state of dehydration as their baseline state every day why would this be surprising?

3-5g of creatine only necessitates an extra 8 ounces of water over your normal intake.

If people are being dehydrated from that is shows how perilously close they are to being dehydrated just as a function of their daily inability to monitor their fluid intakes properly.

Would be like blaming the car from running out of gas when they tried to drive 50 miles with the tank on E.

It's their own fault for not making sure they have enough gas in the car. Just like it's their fault for not drinking enough water to stay hydrated.

There is a reason why the thirst signal is so weak in many people that it's interpreted as a hunger signal...because it's their default state.