Cousin says peanut butter mixed in with protein shakes is too much protein

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink 2 protein shakes a day. 3 scoops at a time and I add 3 teaspoons of peanut butter to each shake, and my cousin told me that with the peanut butter that is too much protein and I will lose a kidney. Is that true what he said?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope you will be fine,you may lay some stinky farts though. To be honest,yes there is an issue with taking in too much protein. A extremely high intake of protein on a daily basis for a prolonged amount of time(years) can cause calcuim problems when you are older.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That intake of protein will not kill your kidneys.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Nope you will be fine,you may lay some stinky farts though. To be honest,yes there is an issue with taking in too much protein. A extremely high intake of protein on a daily basis for a prolonged amount of time(years) can cause calcuim problems when you are older.
Hmm. No.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everybody outside of weightlifting / bodybuilding / powerlifting, etc. worries that the folks doing it eat or advocate way too much protein. they folks doing it worry about getting enough protein, and getting enough H20, etc. to flush it through. you decide.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peanut butter has more fat than protein; the added protein is irrelevant.

However, a giant amount of protein, like eating a one-gallon container of mix all at once, will hurt your kidneys. College athletes have been forced into dialysis at least temporarily due to drastic protein overdoses. I know this because af is a dialysis nurse who has had to dialyze college football players who thought that more must always be better.

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
well obviously you dont want 120grams a protein a sitdown