Couchsurfing, hitchhiking and travel. Do it!

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Sign up to couchsurfing.com and host people. You will make friends all over the world and meet some wild girls.
www.couchsurfing.org
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/axo4e/iama_guy_who_uses_couchsurfing_exclusively_to_get/

2. Get a cheep flight and go couchsurfing in a foreign country, backpacking, hitchhiking and stay in hostels. I've been traveling now for over 3 months and have hardly spent a cent. I've been hosted for weeks by couchsurfers and even randoms I met hitchhiking. Just be super friendly and people love to show around travelers and help them out. I also dumpster-dive for day-old bakery food and go to markets but you don't have to go that far.

You don't need hardly any money at all for this, anyone can afford this with a month or so of work. It's so easy I hate myself for taking this long to do it. I wish I never went to university. When your money runs low apply to work at snow resorts as a lift attendant or whatever and you will have to fight the girls off. Afterwards you will have cash for your next adventure. I've also done some bar work which have also been a goldmine but it gets old. Fruit picking is another one if you're desperate.

Honestly, I can't even believe what's happening to me. I've met so many amazing people and stunning girls who are just so open about their sexuality. I basically went from having no girls and sitting on a computer all day to traveling and copulating with a different girl every week while having the best time of my life exploring a new land in a couple of days. I don't have to worry about buying expensive fashionable clothes anymore as that actually repels these girls. I don't go on dates as you just ask girls if they want to climb this volcano or come swimming or whatever. I've actually been dumpster-diving with an amazingly hot European chick and it's almost normal. The local girls have no slvt defense when they know you aren't going to be around long enough for their friends to find out.

I can't believe I got sucked into chasing a career when this amazing life was always here.

If you seriously want to change your life, become confident, explore the world and meet the amazing people. Sell everything you own except what you can fit in a backpack and go.

Also read a book called 'vagabonding' and learn a 2nd language. I also learnt to make just enough money to sustain myself online with my laptop anywhere in the world which will be invaluable. Tips on laptop travel http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/92/travel/backpacking-laptop-578772/

more reading http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/7qluu/sleeping_with_strangers_the_art_of_couchsurfing/

You're welcome.

Last edited:

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To the OP, you might want to check out Roosh V's blog. His site is equal part independent travel and PUA. I think his philosophy is a lot like yours.

http://www.rooshv.com

I think I could do without the dumpster diving thing, lol. You do show however that you don't need to be rich to travel the world if you're willing to be a bit adventurous and forgo comfort and the familiar. Some people will call you a bum and whatnot but who gives a sh*t, true wealth is wealth of experiences. You're living your life on your own terms and figured out that there are more options than being a cubicle rat. You still have to plan for your long term future though as I doubt you'll be hitchhiking and sleeping in hostels for the rest of your life. But there's nothing wrong doing if for a few years if you're having a blast. Good luck wit' it and I'm glad to see a different perspective here.

2 questions, btw... What part of the world are you in, and what kind of biz are you running from your laptop?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the link man!

I've been thinking about my longterm plan for a while now. I will be able to get work whenever I like in hospitality or resort work when I get desperate. I can also work from a computer at any stage but I hate it to death.

As I age I plan on setteling down with a hippy chick and become self suffecient off the grid somewere.

I'll PM you about the 2 personal questions.

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna check this out. Got a gap year to plan before heading to med school and this is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind - something that scares the sh1te out of me!

Thanks for the link.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It scared the sh!t out of me! I had social anxiety. I'd never been on a plane before and I knew no one in the new country.
I'm already a different person.

Last edited:

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to see some pics, the girls especially. I haven't seen that many hot ones on CS

I have met a chick from couchsurfing, and am friends with the main representative of my city, would love to try it soon

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could do without the dumpster diving, but I fully intend on doing the backpacking/ hostel thing when I am at a good point with work here. Already done a little bit of the hostel thing, but used a car to get from city to city which was expensive. Going from madrid up to france cost a ton in tolls alone. Again something like this won't be for a while, and who knows what could happen with an LTR, but the prospect of doing a long backpacking trip is very uplifting.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For further inspiration on people living this type of lifestyle, check out this site: http://teacherontwowheels.com/

It's about a teacher that rode his bike from New Jersey to Buenos Aires. Then hopped the pond over to S. Africa and rode his bike across Africa up to Egypt. He spent only like $8 a day. He cooked most of his own meals and had a one man tent where he just set up camp for the night after 50 miles of cycling. Pretty damn incredible story.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf, live it up man! I think what you are doing is a must, as I have briefly tasted the medicine, so to speak. I understand why you do what you are doing, and agree with it 100%.

For long-term goals, consider writing a book. Or, writing for a magazine. Your possibilities are endless.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:
I want to see some pics, the girls especially. I haven't seen that many hot ones on CS

I have met a chick from couchsurfing, and am friends with the main representative of my city, would love to try it soon
I never hit on or hooked up with the girls that have hosted me. I'm just extra friendly to them. I haven't ever hosted anyone as I only just found out about this.
But they have taken me out, come traveling with me and hooked me up with their friends.
The girls are not you're typical, selfish, bimbo blonds, if that's what you are looking for look else-ware.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone sent me an email through SS without a return address about adding me on CS. PM me so I know who you are.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Wolf, live it up man! I think what you are doing is a must, as I have briefly tasted the medicine, so to speak. I understand why you do what you are doing, and agree with it 100%.

For long-term goals, consider writing a book. Or, writing for a magazine. Your possibilities are endless.
Thanks Mr.P, I'd love to write a book but I'm dyslexic. My skills have greatly improved since being away though. I always have a book on me plus I keep a journal so who knows.

I have a few longterm goals I'd rather not be public. I also plan on doing volunteer work throughout the world to give back to humanity. I'm a "big brother" at the moment for kids with slight mental disabilities who don't have any friends.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Already an almost constant dreamer of travelling, this post makes we want to pack up now and go wherever. :)

But there's also an internal battle going on: should I give up the traditional way of life for full time travelling?

I would love to be a full time traveler, but on the other side I want to afford nice things, I want to (someday) afford a house or a car, I want to start a business, I want to spend time with successful career/business people, I want to shag all types of women or to take another shot at the missed experience of college life.
And many others...

Too bad one can't have it all. :(

Anyways, I have the utmost respect and admiration towards anybody who's doing what the OP does.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still living and loving the same lifestyle. Working at a bar in Europe for a few months and am about to go across to Amsterdam and lose my mind for a few days. I have friends all over Europe from the times I was hosting couchsurfers which has been invaluable to me.

I do have a career plan and I'm working on it, I see this adventure as part of my education. I'm learning a language and educating myself on politics and current affairs around the world, as I plan to give freelance journalism a shot. I've educated myself further in the past year than the last five years of my life combined.
I can see that in my previous post I don't have confidence in myself to write a book, but I now have a few ideas about throwing myself into various situations especially just to write about it.

The people I've met along the way have been an inspiration and have restored my faith in humanity. The type of people you don't meet when in the nine to five grind.

Why would you want a nice car? I just don't understand. Everything I'd ever want fits nicely in my backpack. Plus I'd feel better about myself just using that money to help less fortunate people. Human relations and new experience are infinity more valuable than any material object I can think of. If you want a real adrenalin rush go snowboarding, surfing, mountain-biking or just jump off a rock into a massive lake with some friends. Or Experiment with a few drugs and go to an outdoor rave. Pick-up is also another adrenalin sport for me. I mean, I'll buy an old car/van when I go to Australia for the summer, live out of it and surf my way around the coast, pick fruit for work when I run low on funds. Then I'll sell it and be off to the next destination.

My next plan involves saving for a good DSLR and learning to use it as part of my journalism education.

PM me questions as I don't frequent this board anymore.

Last edited:

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing more annoying then couchsurfers and backpackers. Thank God you don't find them in places like Ukraine or Russia.

Getting a job in Western Europe as an American is illegal unless you have the right Visa. Sounds good on the Net, but it doesn't work in reality.

Hot European girl dumpster diving? Uh, suuuuure! When guys say "European" I know they are telling a big fib. Europe is not a culture. Nobody in Europe says I am "European"! Hell, the Italians don't even say I am "Italian". They say where in Italy they are from. I will put it this way. I am SURE I have dated more girls from "Europe" than any of you. NOT ONE would go dumpster diving! Maybe a Brit, but they are Anglo people who are more American than anything else. The rest like really nice things. They don't have frat. parties and if they did nobody would show. Girls starting very young want to go to nice discos and bars. Nobody wants to dumpster dive!

Nice stories. Yeah, the day a Natasha tells me that she wants to jump in a dumpster I will believe you! Insane stories on here.

I will put it this way. Those "European" girls are MUCH more into status than ANY American girl. American girls are trampy. They will sleep with young boys who take them to a vomit party in college. Pure trash.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Why would you want a nice car? I just don't understand. Everything I'd ever want fits nicely in my backpack. Plus I'd feel better about myself just using that money to help less fortunate people. Human relations and new experience are infinity more valuable than any material object I can think of. If you want a real adrenalin rush go snowboarding, surfing, mountain-biking or just jump off a rock into a massive lake with some friends. Or Experiment with a few drugs and go to an outdoor rave. Pick-up is also another adrenalin sport for me. I mean, I'll buy an old car/van when I go to Australia for the summer, live out of it and surf my way around the coast, pick fruit for work when I run low on funds. Then I'll sell it and be off to the next destination.
Sounds like it could be fun for a while, but I don't think this kind of lifestyle is really sustainable for more than a few years. What happens when you get older?

Top Bottom