Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cosmopolitan magazine - even THEY know how to be a dj

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, I'm a pretty avid reader of Cosmopolitan magazine....... yes yes I know it's a magazine for college chicks...... but it's the most interesting and educational magazine I've ever seen! Some of the articles make me sick, but most of the time they're really good, and reveal alot about women.

In the issue currently in my lap, I found two articles that just made me think of this site..... so.... I'm gonna go thru the trouble of typing out the entire god damn articles..... (this should only take half an hour...... *sigh*) :)

Here we go......

Article #1:

Are Guys Getting Too Sensitivie?
At any given time, there's a little strife between teh sexes. "Bu the latest point of contention is a particularly surprising one. Women wverywhere, it seems, are sick of guys who have gotten in the habit of showing too much sensitivity. Ironically, females are partly to blame for this somewhat baffling behavioral shift - we've been begging men to be less macho practically sine the dawn of time. But some guys, in a state of confusion perhaps, appear to have taken our request a little too seriously, prompting one observant woman to proclaim, "Guys are teh new girls." Take Cris Judd, for example. J.Lo's husband-for-five-minutes is the poster boy for doormat dudes.
So how did this explosion of touchy-feely fellas come about? "It may be a reaction to the fact taht women today are more educated and therefore more inclined to take on more traditionally masculine roles," theorizes Susan A. Basow, Ph.D., psychology porfessor at Lafayette College in Pennsylvania. Since it's difficult to have two people wearing the pants in a relationship, a new crop of men seem willing to be th eones to don skirts (we're speaking figuratively, of course). Here, we delve deeper into what's behind this overly tender man trend... and how to put it in reverse before it gets out of control.

The meaning of manly is changing
Strong, unemotional, take-charge hulks who always pick up the tab have gone teh way of the blue-nail-polish fad. "As women become more affluent and more in control in dating situations, it makes sense for guys to loosen up and get away from the more oppressive aspects of mainless," says Cheryl Bartholomew. Trey, 24, agrees: "Nobody can live up to Arnold Schawrzenegger standards, and guys can easily go crazy trying - to be able to kick somebody's ass in a fight, to never show it when you're bueed out. It's a huage headache."
The problem? Some guys are overdosing on passivity. Kenny, 30, explains, "I don't want some psyco testosterone machine who starts bar brawls. But is it too much to ask to have a guy who'll stand up for me when a sales clerk is being rude or handle it when I don't get what I ordered in a restaurant?"

Men think women want tons of mush
There's no dobut that guys are getting mixed signals on teh sappiness front. "Traditionally, women have complained that the men they date don't open up and share their emotions," says Bartholomew. But lately, it seems guys have finally been taking to heart the women-love-schmaltz messages in chick flicks and Lifetime TV movies. As a result, guys everywehre have jumped to the erroenous conclusion that they'd better pump the sap factor or you'll blow them off.
Andrew, 30, had a boyfriend who was sweet enough to put her into insulin shock. [NOTE: That's a bad thing :p] "Steve and I had been dating for a few weeks when he started E-mailing me poems he'd written - in French - about how I was a beautiful flower," she recalls. "On one level, I realized he was responding to my pressuring him to be romantic, but this went way too far!" Luckily, Andrew was able to thwart getting an anthology's worth of pansyich sonnets . "I thinanked him, but not profuesly. I think he started getting the hint when I praised him any time he did little manly things, like holding the door open for me. He still gets a little gooey sometimes, but when it's not overwheliming, I'm able to appreciate his efforts."

chicks have loads of sexual confidence
"Women today have unprecedented amounts of sexual freedom and power," says Bartholomew. "It's becoming more socially acceptable for them to express themselves in bed without suffering repercussions like being called a slut." Of course, guys can appreciate some aspects of the new standard - like getting action more often - but they also may be intimidated. Factor in the fear of getting shot down and you're left with a opulation of men who are scared to make a move - in the sack or even when it comes to asking a girl out.
"This whole new Sex and teh City attitude has thrown everything out of whack," says Deal, 27. "OBviously, it's great that women want more sex. But there's always a chance that if you do something wrong, a womean will call you on it - or just ditch you and then tell all of her friends what a lame lay you are. Who wants to run teh risk of that?"
The results from Cosmo's most recent sex survey reveal that Dean isn't the only sex scaredy-cat - 78% of the men surveyed said they prefer that the woman make the first move. Alan Berkowitz, Ph.D., an independant consultant who works with colleges on sexual-assault prevention, has noticed a similar trend but thinks there's a more seroius reason behind it. "Students tell me it's easier to let the woman take the initiative because then teh guy knows teh behavior is welcome."
So, ladies [or dj's reading this ;)], give these poor guys a break - recognize the situation they're in and accept that you may have to start sending less-than-subtle signals if you want action. If you're not up for initiating the connection physically, try letting him know verbally, as Julie, 30, did. "I realized one day that none of the past four guys I'd gone out with had kissed me first," she recalls. "I decided that no matter what, I would wait for the next guy to make the first move. After three dates with Mark and no kiss, I finally broke down and said, "I am dying to have you kiss me." That's all it took for him to lean in and lay a big wet one on me... and it was totally worth teh wait."

guys feel marginalized
"Women don't need men teh way they used to and teh boys are feeling the backlash," explains BArtholomew. "Sinc ewomen are no longer taking teh back-seat - at home, at work,anywhere - they have more of a say," says Gilda Carle. For example, women may make every restaurant reservation and movie suggestion, dictate which parties to hit, and insist on teh vacataion of their choice. "But then they get turned off when their man doesn't even attempt to regained any power," says Carle.
Sounds like women have a lot of nerve, doesn't it? If y9ou're frustrated because you think your guy is too wimpy to do anything but follow orders, hen stop issuing them. "I always start organizing my social calendar for the week on Mondays," says Daniell, 25. "I got in teh habit of signing my boyfriend up for most of my plans. But when I began to get pissy with him because he never took me anywhere, he pointed out that I'd already booked all of our nights!" Oops. The quick fix: "I stopped planning everything so far in advance and instead left at least a few nights a week free so I could ask him what he wanted to do for a change," says Danielle. "Sure enough, his response was taht he'd like to take me out on a date."

======

whew, that was tiring.....

interesting article...... points out some great AFC-points....... but even they have some weaknesses in what they point out..... they don't realize what a TRUE dj is yet..... they just know that they don't want an AFC.... which is a step up :)

I don't know if I'll type up the second article..... it's about "games you SHOULD play" basically it's how to be a DJ for a woman...... kinda interesting I thought...... but that'll come later, maybe after dinner :)

Well, thoughts about this article?

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the magazine to read...

I started readin' it when one of my old girls used to buy it, so I'd run thru it then... I wouldn't like to buy it myself, but I've been lucky in always havin a female friend at least who has the magazine...

Soon after, one of my boys was tryina understand girls and some problem he had and I told him he's gotta read this magazine... it basically lets you see what the women are told to look for, so if you didn't know, now you can work this yourself... and your luck with the women should increase no end

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude reading cosmo is like stealing the other team's playbook! No joking, i gloss over it every month.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fun part is that the girls usually try to use the tactics the same month and you can easily intercept them. :D

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vronski, that happened to me.

(Epilogue: the broad got axed. :D)

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The chick in the article said her last boyfriend didn't kiss her for four dates? What the hell is that? I ALWAYS kiss on the first date, then throw her number away if she isn't into it! Damn, no wonder why the DJ and System stuff works so well - there's no competition left anymore!! I had a first date the other night and this chick was ecstatic that I kissed her, I guess she must be used to guys who don't even try. That's unbelievable to know guys are such wusses nowadays.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys actually read girls' mags? ..Don't you get funky looks from cashiers and people?

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
You guys actually read girls' mags? ..Don't you get funky looks from cashiers and people?
A confident DJ would flirt with the cashier and in a ****y and funny way imply its for his girlfriend.

Mr.Bates

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always got a kick out of Cosmo when my ex used to buy it. It's the perfect guide to know what young women are thinking.

Although, I just used to look at the pictures. Niiiiiiice. Gives Maxim a run for it's money.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, the more chumps, the better the DJ life.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've thought about reading it too. But I had the feeling that alot of it was trash.

My library has it, and some other magazines (Men's Health that I read). Maybe I'll go there and read it or check them out.

What issue is the one your are reading? I'd like to read that second article you are mentioning?

Maybe the website has some old articles up also.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I read magazines like Maxim and FLEX, and I just bought a Cosmo and man... the ads are better! lol

And the january issue has a "Cosmo for men" page... basically the ******** post, actually, but still.

I'll definately pick up some more issues!

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does Cosmo post their articles online like Maxim does? If not then my parents are going to think differently of me when Cosmo starts coming in the mailbox lol, also a question for fellow DJ's if a chick asks you what magazines you read and you mention Cosmo you think thats a good or bad thing. One time I said "yea i check out some girls magazines once in a while" but I guess maybe you'd be better off not mentioning it then you would know their games without them knowing. But then again I know quite a few chicks check out Maxim and other mags. like that, k im out

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I do the same as some of you guys. When my sister gets magazines like "seventeen" I try to gloss through them to look at what goes on inside a chick's head. I often got to wait till no one is home, or I might look like a freak.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

flashdance

Don Juan
Reaction score
hopefully you wont mind a bit of a rant!

that maxim magazine is unbelievable. ever notice all of the sex articles are written by power hungry and controlling women with a subtle agenda of male domination (through intimidation, "expert advice", and "the superior female wisdom")? these female columnists arent experts at anything except deceipt and manipulation.

i'm not sure... but i think i recognize some moves from the "48 laws of power" at work in this magazine. sure they throw in a real tip here and there to keep you reading... but if you read between the lines i'd swear the whole thing was written by a feminazi with the intention of maintaining their new power over men by having them preoccupied with getting sex (through worshipping and supporting women), watching sports, and drinking beer (sitting around farting, burping, and forgetting to vote when hillary clinton runs for president).

Pooks write-up said modern masculinity has been reduced to sex. can you imagine a better example than this? if this is the magazine for aspiring men of our generation... were effed. we need an inspirational magazine that appreciates and doesnt insult men, something that encourages them to live the best lives they can. something more aligned with the DJ philosophies. men are supposed to be leaders, artists, philosophers, champions, and lovers... not court jesters who learn stupid pet tricks and memorize one-liners to get laid.

if i have a maxim mag in my bathroom, its to wipe my ass. i'll get on the internet or grab a playboy if i want to see boobies.

if you get anything from reading this... at least try to look at those "sex and relationship" articles in "mens" magazines with at least some suspicion. keep in mind that everyone in the media (especially writers) have some kind of agenda.

just my 2 cents.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100% with flashdance.

After that link to those maxim articles got posted i started reading article after article to see if there was anything valuable. Except for a legitimate tip here and there most of it was something like the advice you'd get from your aunt "just be yourself and the right one will come to you" - yeah right!!!.

Lately i've been looking at girls' magazines alot more and i've noticed they are all crowded with legitimate advice that really does work for them. How to play hard to get, making him lust for you etc...

Why is this? While men have until now been building the world, discovering new things and moving humanity forward, women stayed at home studying relationships.

They had all those centuries before the sexual revolution to gain an upper hand on all of this.

It's now our turn men! And sosuave will be remembered in the roots of this new revolution! Men are starting to gain awareness.