Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Conversation 101

A Turtle Name Adrian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The easiest way to learn conversation in today's world is to get yourself a job where you HAVE to talk to customer's. Job's like: secretary, front office clerk, fast food cashier, video store cashier, grocery store cashier, bartender, waiter, server, salesman, phone operator, pizza deliver boy/man, etc. You learn much quicker than any other way. Bartender's the best way. Start at a small corner bar. But be prepared to be therapist to a bunch of drunk asses. Peace.

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by A Turtle Name Adrian:
Bartender's the best way. Start at a small corner bar. But be prepared to be therapist to a bunch of drunk asses. Peace.
You got that one right man! I ama reserved person by nature, but I bartended for years in a popular local bar.

Not only are you forced to improve people skills, but you also meet many interesting people. Some more pleasant than others, but it's all part of the job.

The most play I ever got in my life was during the year that I was becoming successful at investing while I was working as a bartender. I bought a bad ass car, and had more confidence and self esteem than at any point in my life.

Not only was I hooking up with customers, but also fellow employees(I know, not the best idea), and friends of other employees.

Everyone should experience this profession at some point during their life. It builds character, popularity, people skills, you name it.

As for having to play therapist....I have heard more than my share of other peoples life stories, thats for sure.

Brian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBadJon:

The most play I ever got in my life was during the year that I was becoming successful at investing while I was working as a bartender. I bought a bad ass car, and had more confidence and self esteem than at any point in my life.

That wasn't confidence. That was the illusion of confidence creating by success with no failure. True confidence wouldn't have left after the car and the good fortune in the stock market disappeared. True confidence is not dependent on success and failure.

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But it sure helps

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian:
That wasn't confidence. That was the illusion of confidence creating by success with no failure. True confidence wouldn't have left after the car and the good fortune in the stock market disappeared. True confidence is not dependent on success and failure.

It took me a log time to finally internalize what Brian is talking about but I finally did. When I first came to this board, I had gone from driving a Jaguar and spending bank on golf green fees and expensive restaurants to living with my dad. I am doing a little better than that now, but I think that experience was a good thing because it made me realize that real confidence is not something that disappears with things that were never guaranteed to always be there in the first place.

------------------
- The seductionist formerly known as trickynick

You either own the game or it owns you.

W

wheelin&dealin

Originally posted by A Turtle Name Adrian:
The easiest way to learn conversation in today's world is to get yourself a job where you HAVE to talk to customer's. Job's like: secretary, front office clerk, fast food cashier, video store cashier, grocery store cashier, bartender, waiter, server, salesman, phone operator, pizza deliver boy/man, etc. You learn much quicker than any other way. Bartender's the best way. Start at a small corner bar. But be prepared to be therapist to a bunch of drunk asses. Peace.
Instead of this, go to a bar/club and talk to everyone. Don't rely on your job.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by A Turtle Name Adrian
I am now "icepick: relevant tip bumper"

Read this shit, it is good shit. This tip will help you break out of your shell.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely there is a world of a difference between handling customer complaints, talking to drunk men, and taking someone's order, compared to talking and having interesting conversations with girls. I like the idea in theory, but unfortunately I am so tied up with university, summer jobs in the City and internships, that it is not a possibility.

My problem with conversation is more the art of starting a conversation and finding common interests. Once that is underway, I am educated and well-read so can discuss most topics in detail. Any tips for improving this side of the game.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are at university, go to parties and talk to people there. The reason that jobs are good is you get to talk to many people, regardless of what it is about.