Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Contacting a girl went down unexpectedly

Kiran1991

Reaction score
Hi,
I m a guy i my mid twenties and I have been interested in a co-worker. I got interest signals from her but whenever I tried to start any conversation, she was shy and would leave. So I asked for her number & called her after two days but to my surprise she said that "why did you call me? and don't call me." I tried to engage the conversation but she cut me short. I have successfully contacted girls before but this time It was cold & unexpected. Since that day I've been ignoring her.
Could someone tell me what went wrong? Is this a common behavior? should I move on or any chances of success?

logicallefty

Reaction score
I would back off, like now... Did she give you her # or did you get it from somewhere else? Either way, she is a lost cause. If she gave you her number and then did the whole "why did you call" that is completely childish and crazy on her part. If you got her number somewhere else and then called her then shame on you.. Either way, end this now before it ends up with HR or your boss. Search the forum we have several good threads about dating coworkers and all the bad things that have happened to guys over women at work. I not only don't date women from work, but I avoid them at work as much as possible, even for business related things. All you gotta do these days is wear the wrong color of shirt and have one throw a fit because she was ""raped by a guy with that color shirt 10 year ago"" and you can be in deep do-do with your employer.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
You misread her interest.

She didn't waste any time telling you she wasn't interested and she was direct.

She is not a ***** (bytch).

No, there is no recovery. Your interest in her is your issue not hers.

Some women will like you or be interested enough in you to see where things go. Most will not.

Last edited:

Kiran1991

Reaction score
I respect the fact that as man got the right to choose the right partner, so does the woman. I took the next step only because she showed interest in me. It seems I misunderstood things. We would talk at times in office and shared laughs. Also she gave me her number without any problem when asked, to which I thought it would be okay to ask her out.
All I can say is that the smile she wore for me, at times, seemed forced. It taught me a good lesson!
Is there a way to filter out the genuinely interested chicks from the ones that you may mistake as interested?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you called her when she was next to her boyfriend?

Either way, obviously she isn't interested in you...

ChrisFloyd

Banned
Reaction score
Young people nowadays prefer texting.

So yeah, stop calling, start texting.

And btw, what interest signals you are talking about?

Jordski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong, shes clearly a big time freak b1tch. Even if she doesnt like op she has no right to be rude. She gave him her # ffs. She should know how to handle things like that with an attitude. Op just stay away from this classless b1tch u can do better son.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong, shes clearly a big time freak b1tch. Even if she doesnt like op she has no right to be rude. She gave him her # ffs. She should know how to handle things like that with an attitude. Op just stay away from this classless b1tch u can do better son.
Yawn. She wasn't rude. She was direct. You always such a delicate flower or just like pretending to be a tough guy?

Jordski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yawn. She wasn't rude. She was direct. You always such a delicate flower or just like pretending to be a tough guy?
Lol she wot m8? Youre the one who sounds so tough with all the yawn, being laid back so cool and stuff. We ain't talking bout me here. But i get it, thats probably as tough as you can get on the internet. So imma let you do ur thing

Kiran1991

Reaction score
And btw, what interest signals you are talking about?
There were interest signals like: eye contact, smiles,

She frequently mirrored my actions and blushed a lot when we talked. She also laughed at the most silliest jokes. Even a female colleague told me I think she likes you.

But anyways not here to blame her for what happened. She did wht she did and its better to move on. I shall be more cautious next time in my game.

slight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her leaving after engaging in conversation with you is a huge red flag. Do you recall saying or doing something that could have turned her off?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Tictac is right. You miss-read her interest. Just because a women gives you her number it means NOTHING. The only thing that matters is her willingness to go out with you on dates. That is it. Call or text try to make DATES... if she won't go out with you move on.

She was not a b!tch... in fact you should be thanking her she's telling you she is not interested and she is freeing you to move on and pursue other women. Jesus I wish ALL women were like this... it's refreshing when you get someone that just tells you like it is. I met a women that I had actually gone out with a couple of times when I tried to make a third date, she just came out and told me.... and I'll paraphrase.... That she was really only interested in using me for my business contacts... and she wasn't interested in anything romantic.

I appreciated her honesty and told her no problem, if she needed anything to reach out and I would see what I could do, then I walked away. Be a grown up, don't get all butt hurt with sh!t like this, there are plenty of women in the world... just go after the ones that are interested in you.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
should have texted her first. Likely she was fvcking her FB when you called without warning
I also know most women will never answer a random call from unknown

do you want to get a call from "chick' at an impromptu moment? I have seriously nexted several potentials for them calling me randomly, and I'm a dude!

test: random TELEPHONE call some of those Whatsapp numbers you got, see how many pick up or say "who the fvck is this?"

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We as men think "why would she give you her number and then tell you not to call?". Sure that seems logical. But we're talking about a woman here.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She gave him her number without hesitation, then when he calls she interrupts him and tells him off. Granted we don't know all that was said, but based on what we do know... all signs point to b*tch

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
She gave him her number without hesitation, then when he calls she interrupts him and tells him off. Granted we don't know all that was said, but based on what we do know... all signs point to b*tch
No, you don't know what was said. You have very little idea of what happened at all.

Nice white knighting.

I tried to engage the conversation but she cut me short.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she's a bvtch, don't ever speak to her again, get rid of her number