Constanly change routine?

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it ok to change ur routine every week?.. i got gym equipment for home and ive been workin out at home for about a week and a half now ( used to workout at the local gym).

also my other question is... what if i accidently workout a muscle that i dont mean to.. like i was doin just triceps today.. and i did this bench dip thingy.. and i felt something in my chest so idecided to workout chest too.. and whjen i was doing incline bench eiother the bench was too close to the bar or it was too inclined ( probly the first).. anyways so now i still feel soreness in the front of my shoulder... would that mean i shouldnt workout shoulder later in the week???? cuz i dont wanna overwork it or w/e its called.. im listening to music right now so i cant think straight.. so excuse me if i dont make any sense ;p

in fact my back hurts too but hopefully thats from skim boarding ( u gotta bend over to throw the board )and not doing an exercise improperly ;(.. i went a lil heavy on the incline and lifted my butt up

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't change your routine every week. There's no need to.

Change your routine around every 2-3 months since your muscles develop muscle memory and certain exercises don't recruit as many muscle fibers anymore. Be sure to leave in core exercises such as squats, deadlifts, etc. though.

To help out with your other problem though. What's your current split like? I think I can figure something out where you're training similar muscles on the same day or they will be spaced out enough during the week.

KmZDon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nooooo that's stupid and tiring, stick to one routine for about eight week and then relax for one week and then switch and so on