Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Considering to lift right after breakfast before lunch

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been training around 6 pm all my life, now would like to try to do it in the morning so my afternoon will be free.

My plan is to get up around 9, eat a huge breakfast, take my preworkout couple of hours later and then hit the gym, come back home and have a huge lunch then keep carbs low for the rest of the day with dinner made of only mean and vegetables.

This way I'll provide all the energy it takes to fuel my workout and replenish my body right after, do you agree?

So plan would be to eat 4 toasted slices of white bread, eggs, ham and fruit so mix fast carbs, proteins and low carbs.

Lunch would be around 120 grams of pasta/rice, meat and fruit, plenty of water in both meals.

Protein shakes to reach my necessary protein intake in the afternoon and meat/fish and vegetables or potatoes at dinner.

Of course details need to be taken care of, this is just the main frame.

What do you think?

I would like to cut on milk and sugars therefore no milk at breakfast and no post workout shake with proteins and dextrose.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one? its because its really crappy idea or no one here trains that way?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of morning lifting and science backs up the ideal time to lift is late afternoon or early evening based on how your hormones rise and fall throughout the day. But to each their own.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would avoid morning lifting if you can as peak performance tends to occur later in the day, however I see the appeal. I too, am a morning lifter and as I'm in the gym 4/5 times a week I couldn't have a social life if I only lifted in the evenings.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would avoid morning lifting if you can as peak performance tends to occur later in the day, however I see the appeal. I too, am a morning lifter and as I'm in the gym 4/5 times a week I couldn't have a social life if I only lifted in the evenings.
I do 30 mins of cardio first thing to get me perked up for the rest of the day. I also agree peak performance occurs later in the day.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the time of day matters. Just do it, and be consistent.
First thing lift off or cardio will wake you up like coffee. If you save it for the end of the day after a job, it's likely you may miss some sections being "too tired" from work. The start of the day with you in full control is powerful.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been training around 6 pm all my life, now would like to try to do it in the morning so my afternoon will be free.

My plan is to get up around 9, eat a huge breakfast, take my preworkout couple of hours later and then hit the gym, come back home and have a huge lunch then keep carbs low for the rest of the day with dinner made of only mean and vegetables.

This way I'll provide all the energy it takes to fuel my workout and replenish my body right after, do you agree?

So plan would be to eat 4 toasted slices of white bread, eggs, ham and fruit so mix fast carbs, proteins and low carbs.

Lunch would be around 120 grams of pasta/rice, meat and fruit, plenty of water in both meals.

Protein shakes to reach my necessary protein intake in the afternoon and meat/fish and vegetables or potatoes at dinner.

Of course details need to be taken care of, this is just the main frame.

What do you think?

I would like to cut on milk and sugars therefore no milk at breakfast and no post workout shake with proteins and dextrose.
Most people don't do this because it's not an option due to jobs.

When I worked out, it seemed the ideal thing was to do any type of cardio/endurance in the AM, when metabolism was high, as were other hormones. I would do the weight lifting in the PM, #1 because I hated the big exertions in the morning, and #2 it raises the testosterone and blood flow for the night. And I'm not just talking about f*cking, I'm talking about anything I might want to do that night. Plus it relieves stress and I feel better after sitting at work. Afternoon is when I get tired, so lifting helps wake you up. Seemed like a good thing anyway.

Right now I just try to get cardio whenever I can, and when I do any lifting, it's usually about 7-8 pm.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people don't do this because it's not an option due to jobs.

When I worked out, it seemed the ideal thing was to do any type of cardio/endurance in the AM, when metabolism was high, as were other hormones. I would do the weight lifting in the PM, #1 because I hated the big exertions in the morning, and #2 it raises the testosterone and blood flow for the night. And I'm not just talking about f*cking, I'm talking about anything I might want to do that night. Plus it relieves stress and I feel better after sitting at work. Afternoon is when I get tired, so lifting helps wake you up. Seemed like a good thing anyway.

Right now I just try to get cardio whenever I can, and when I do any lifting, it's usually about 7-8 pm.
Cardio in AM is also smart due to afterburner effect. Meaning metabolism stays raised for hours after. Doing cardio near bedtime may make it hard to sleep.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio in AM is also smart due to afterburner effect. Meaning metabolism stays raised for hours after. Doing cardio near bedtime may make it hard to sleep.
Haha, this has nothing to do with the thread, but every time I hear "afterburner", I think of this clown:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the time of day matters. Just do it, and be consistent.
For most people it probably won't, they do enough other things wrong that it won't make much of a difference, and just lifting will make the difference. But to the people who want every possible advantage, then it might.

For me, lifting in the morning was pointless,I wasn't anywhere near hydrated enough and my lifts reflected that.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is NO afterburner effect aka EPOC unless you are referring to HIIT cardio...regular cardio produces no such effect. Either intense HIIT cardio or intense weight lifting are required to produce that...and most people aren't doing that first thing in the morning.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 minutes of Turbulence Training in the morning will do a lot of good and is a good compromise for those not having time or wanting to get up early enough to go to the gym...it's basically 4 minutes of HIIT doing bodyweight movements, no gym or equipment needed.

Definitely gets things revved up, I feel like a furnace til about 11am every day doing it around 7:30...