Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

confidence is an emotion ?

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
is confidence an emotion ?
reading up on all types of emotions

Fear Anxiety nervousness , worry
trying to understand much better about each one
any good book that talks about each emotion with examples

Thx

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say confidence is a "knowing" that you are well-practiced and well-developed in any kind of endeavor, whether that is social skills or a physical skill.

I wouldn't consider it an emotion but rather a knowing, from which an emotion of satisfaction can flow.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I would say that it is both an emotion and a mindset.

On somedays, I will wake up and feel incredibly confident, do cold daytime approaches, say and do the right things, etc...

Other times, I just don't have it for some reason no matter how I try to put myself in "state" or if I just had a great night the night before.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that confidence is a "state" which is a collection of emotions.

I would also say that most emotions, as well as states, are highly interdependent, and can be highly dependent on external variables.

You might be super confident that you could tie your shoes blindfolded, but not so confident that you could get a number from a playboy model.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence is a lack of emotions, or maybe better to say a lack of "feelings," the removal of ego from a transaction, be it a handshake or climbing a rock, just as faith is a lack of belief. Emotionless knowing is confidence, unbelieving but knowing is faith.

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all replys

I am doing a new role (sales) and getting nervous sometimes
even though having good service

Working on being not dependant on results and emotionless (hard for me)

dasein said:
Confidence is a lack of emotions, or maybe better to say a lack of "feelings," the removal of ego from a transaction, be it a handshake or climbing a rock, just as faith is a lack of belief. Emotionless knowing is confidence, unbelieving but knowing is faith.