Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Confidence and evolutionary psychology

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

If confidence implies incompetence, why are women so attracted to it?

I have plenty of ideas, but I'd like to know what you think.

Also, I think this is another reason why you should just fake confidence with all you got: because you have no reason not to be confident because you aren't able to judge accurately whether you should be confident or not anyway.

So stop thinking about it if you lack confidence... the other guys are confident without reason and are successful in life anyway, and if you actually are competent, you are shortchanging yourself anyway. You can come up with a million reasons why you really aren't that good, but be clearly wrong, while over there is the guy you look up to who is less competent than you, but he is probably just too stupid to realize he sucks.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting point.

I don't think women are attracted to confidence really.
Confidence is a fairly complicated concept, as you've noted.

They just want a guy who has some balls. The courage to go do something when it needs to be done. To go kill the saber tooth tiger for supper. To go up to her and make the hookup happen. A man who isn't afraid to take action, and if he is afraid he overcomes it. In other words, the guy who will step up and be a man.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've experienced this myself. At work I manage over 50 scientists many from India and China with advanced degrees...the ones who are close to me wonder how I got to where I am at such a young age...I tell them connections and good communication skills...they furrow their brows because they realize their years of education will not be sufficient to get them where they want to go.

As to women...how many would have been able to recognize a young bill gates before he made it? (or even after for that matter)...women don't care about confidence or potential...they care about HAWTNESS in the moment and if THEY CAN RECOGNIZE YOU AS FAMOUS...women today are drinking their own azz juices..they have neither the inclination nor the ability to recognize confidence in a man....though don't be a weenie..women sure can pick a loser up in a crowd.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting to read in the Cross-Cultural Variations section that this appears to be an American-only phenomenon.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This really pains me to say, but its time to wean off of wikipedia. Its used at a tool of this current liberal biased society to shape the definitions behind modern discourse.