Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Conditioning, Association, and SEDUCTION

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted something similar to this a long time ago, but I wanted to elaborate and go into more depth here...

In one of the most famous psychological experiments of all time, Russian Nobel-Prize winner Ivan Pavlov proved a phenomenon we know as "classical conditioning" or "association." Perhaps you have heard of the experiment. Pavlov rigged dogs with a device that would collect saliva. When he fed the dogs, they salivated. This is a natural, reflexive response. It is not learned, it is pretty much instinctive. Pavlov then added an extra step. He would feed the dogs and simultaneously ring a bell. The dogs, as before, would salivate upon being fed. After doing this for a period of time, Pavlov rang the bell without feeding the dogs. THE DOGS SALIVATED ANYWAY. The dogs had been "conditioned" to associate the bell ringing with the food, which then triggered the reflexive response (salivation).

So what the hell does this have to do with being successful with women? EVERYTHING. Women are Pavlov's dogs. In fact, we all are Pavlov's dogs. We associate pretty much everything. Have you ever caught a whiff of a perfume that reminded you of your ex, because she used to wear it? You associate that particular scent with your ex. For a long time, it's "Perfume + Amy", "Perfume + Amy", "Perfume + Amy"... and then all the sudden it's just "Perfume" and your mind automatically adds the Amy because you now associate that perfume with her. The same with songs on the radio, certain stretches of roads from your childhood, even a particular movie. I'm sure you can think of a million examples.

So, now that we understand how conditioning and association works, what next? Well, understanding is only half of the battle. It's good to be familiar with the weapons in your arsenal, but they don't mean a damn thing unless you can use them. So, now that we understand it, we must use it to sway things in our favor, to help us with women, and eventually use it to conquer the world. Well, okay, I'll handle that last part, and you worry about the women.

There are two major ways things can be associated: positively and negatively. Positive associations are going to be our friends. They're going to be like the little voices in her head that will keep reminding her of you even when you aren't around. Since the best associations work on an emotional or reflexive level, this is what we must target. We want to associate ourselves with certain involuntary bodily responses. When she sees you, what do you want her body to do?

Besides that, pervert.

We want her heart to race, her breathing to quicken. We want her cheeks to flush, her skin to tingle, her pupils to dilate. The physiological signs of EXCITEMENT. So how do we go about that? We need to associate ourselves with exciting things. This is the main reason we recommend the so-called "action dates." You want to get the adrenaline flowing, her heart pounding. Hiking, biking, rock climbing, ice skating, laser tag, pool, bowling, miniature golf, et cetera. Things that involve activity. Since you will be with her, she will associate this excitement with you. Then, when you remove one of the elements, the other associated element will be brought up in her mind. So the next time she sees you, she will subconsciously think "excitement" and she will become excited. And the next time she is excited, particularly if its doing the same activity you did together, she will think of you. And this will only reinforce the association more.

The thing to keep in mind here is that we want her feeling good when she is around you. At all times. Do you remember that line from "The Lion King"? Hakuna Matata. "No worries." When she is with you, she should be able to leave her problems at the door and just have fun. You are her tour guide to a fun destination outside of her everyday responsibilities. You want her to feel happy when she is with you. She will then associate you with happiness, and once you've accomplished that, you're golden.

Now, a few words about negative association. These are the things to avoid at all costs. Have you ever eaten something, like, say, potato salad, and gotten food poisoning? If you're like me, after that, the mere thought of potato salad makes you feel ill. And it seems like no one can persuade you to eat potato salad anymore after that. You associate the food with the illness. It's a very negative association. So, you can see why you don't want to have a girl associate you with anything negative.

It's not always possible to control these things, but we can reduce the risks. If your girl hates her job, and it makes her totally miserable, it is NOT a good idea to go visit her at work. She's swirling with negative emotions, and those emotions are likely going to overpower any positive effects that seeing you will have, especially if you don't know each other very well. Don't go out with her when you're sick. If you take her out and make her sick, you might as well be potato salad, buddy. And if you're in a bad mood, stay the hell away from her. You want her to associate you with positive energy, not negative pissed-at-the-world vibes.

The biggest factor that women care about in relationships is ***HOW YOU MAKE HER FEEL.*** For better or worse, positive or negative, the way you make her feel and the feelings that she associates with you is largely going to effect the outcome -- whether you succeed or fail will depend in no small part on what she thinks of when she thinks of you.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Now when you talk with her, I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie that everybody really hopes makes it happen. I want you to be the guy in the rated-R movie who you're not sure if you like yet."
- Trent in "Swingers"

"Enough of this melodrama. My advice: Just one b*tch in this world. One b*tch with many faces."
- Jay, in "Chasing Amy"

KCFlyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Gio. The problem I see with women and Pavlov's classical conditioning is this (I'm planning on reading some Pavlov in the next few months): Women are feeling, emotional creatures, and associate things based on that. When a women meets you, she will create your image in her mind. Then as she gets to know you, you either reinforce that image, or change it. This is one reason that girls date losers. They have this image in their mind, and aren't letting reality change that.

So to effectively condition a girls mind, you have to know what her image of you is, and then play to that by your actions and associations. Yes, always sending happy emotions will help, but I think you have to get in her mind. Your post is a starting point for conditioning, but positive association isn't good 100% of the time- maybe 90% of the time is a little better. Girls like to be messed with, teased (not insulted). It affects their image of you, and then you are stuck in their minds, becuase they are trying to figure you out.

So in my opinion, if you want to condition your prey's mind, you must:
1. Know what her opinion of you is.
2. Know why she likes you and what she likes you to do. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out. What she likes for you to do is not necessarily what she expects you to do. What is it about your image that attracted you to her? Play on this.
3. This is a bonus... If you can see what she lacks in her life, and play to that, in addition to 1 and 2, then you will really score some points. She is probably with you because you provide something that she needs, wants, or enjoys. Find that out.

If you condition her using not only positive reinforcement, but also the points listed above, you will affect the way she feels toward you, because you will be in her mind.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post Gio! Classical conditioning is very appropriate to understand how a chick views being around you.

It also might help explain why a girl seemingly dumps you for "no reason": You remind her of an abusive ex-boyfriend or a bad date she went on.

I had two very bad experiences with Wild Turkey and barbeque pork rinds (separate experiences!) that have kept me away from them forever!

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

"Keep your girlfriend away from me,
Just advice I’m giving you for free,
Wanna have every thing I see,
So keep your girlfriend away from me..."
-Local H, from "Here Comes The Zoo"

[This message has been edited by Gipper (edited 04-17-2002).]

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ha ha, this is great.

Just remember that a conditioned response is something that happens automatically - there is usually no overt thought process involved.

It is a response and not an image.

When you smell that perfume in the air, you may start thinking about your girlfriend. But it is that initial feeling that comes over you, or the initial shock that creeps over you (depending of whom we speak) that happens as a result of conditioning.

My ex would shudder when I touched her cheek! "I'm sorry, DWK. My ex used to touch me there and he was a real jerk." She associated the touch with perhaps some of the other ways he made her feel. It had nothing to do with me being there (I hope
)or of any particular image that she had in her mind. It was a conditioned response.

The worst part was when she'd hear the doorbell or the phone ring and start salivating. Made me wonder if she was seeing any famous Russian physiologists behind my back.

Great Advice Gio!

Don Robert

------------------
D.W.K.
~~~~
Master the Game or Master the Bate

lucasilf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just learned about Pavlov in psych class last week and was going to ask for some advice on working his ideas into dating. It's funny that I had done that with girls before and not known it, I told this one girl I was going to own a Ferrari someday. And she told me atleast once every two weeks that she saw one and thought of me. Good job.

lucasilf

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been three years, I hope you haven't dumped this subject into a procrastination association box.

Have you done any research into a reason WHY a person would prefer you to destroy old associations and rewrite them with you as a point of contact? This has been bugging me, and some others have noticed as well.
Gipper
Excellent post Gio! Classical conditioning is very appropriate to understand how a chick views being around you.
Don-Wan Kenobi
My ex would shudder when I touched her cheek! "I'm sorry, DWK. My ex used to touch me there and he was a real jerk." She associated the touch with perhaps some of the other ways he made her feel.
Also, are there ways in your 'opinion' that would help ME find out what my associations are? There probably is, like brainstorming on a different level, or while meditating... but when I get into the mood the ideas hit me faster than I can record them. I have tried, but they begin to form incoherent thoughts.

Is language becoming an association?