Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Conditional apologies

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every once in a while, the occasion will arise where you screwed up bigtime and you have to tell your girl how sorry you are.

A guy I know never says "I am sorry." Instead, he uses the phrase "I apologize" anytime he says something he knows he shouldn't have said.

Guy #1: "I apologize If I embarrassed you earlier tonight."
Guy #2: "I am SO SORRY that I made fun of your nose infront of all our friends earlier."

^Who sounds like the man, and who sounds like he is begging for her majesty's forgiveness?

Guy #1 is giving what I would call a conditional apology. Lets break this down:
1. He says "I apologize" NOT "I'm sorry"
2. He says the two letter word "IF"
3. Guy #1 acknowledges that he made a mistake, and apologizes without losing his balls to the girl on the pedestal.
4. He doesn't say exactly what he did, thus reminding her why she is mad. Instead, he keeps his words generally speaking, thus letting the horrible image in her head go away.

To summarize this, even if you make a mistake, BE IN CONTROL OF THE SITUATION! You sound much more in control of things by saying "I apologize if I hurt your feelings." When you say "I'm sorry," you give off the vibe that you are waiting for her to accept your apology.

Society has taken the phrase "I'm sorry" and associated it with A RESPONSE, such as "its ok" or "apology accepted." If you have to wait for a response, your balls are in her court- she has control.

Stay in control. Apologize and be done with it.
Guy #1: "I apologize If I embarrassed you earlier tonight. Come sit down, while I go get the massage oils."

You get the idea. Don't be sorry, conditionally apologize and stay in control, and essentially, be done with it. Just saying "I apologize" is great, even if it isn't conditional.

I hope this helps out.