Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Computer Science, Computer Programmers

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any people here getting/have a degree in computer science, and are/training to be a computer programmer?

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Canibus27
Are there any people here getting/have a degree in computer science, and are/training to be a computer programmer?
I could hook you up with a friend, why are you asking?

I would like to study for a degree on the subject, I love computers. Plus, I am always having problems finding problems that remain on my computer, even AFTER I reinstall the operating system.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my 3rd year of university in software engineering (pretty much the same as computer science). You need help with something, or u just wanna do a survey to find out how many ppl are in this field ?

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flyinshark
or u just wanna do a survey to find out how many ppl are in this field ?
LOL, wish I thought of that queston first!

MTJ

Reaction score
What do you guys do (in pick-up situations) when girls ask you what you do at uni? I honestly used to hate saying I do Information Technology..as it just seems geeky..and thus, she might make an assumption on that.. I actually got to the point where I used to just say I did engineering- which girls actually responded better to.

I'm glad I'm done with uni now so I don't have to answer that question though.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoided the question. I didn't want to say I was in honours, first year, general, mathematics and sciences.

So when they asked;

"what are you at uni for?"

I would respond

"to study"

they answer back

"what do you study"

I'd ask them a question back

"you sure do like asking questions, you tell me first, what are you studying?"

They'd answer whatever, and I would invite them to lunch, or coffee, and said we could talk about it than. Usually I'd turn and walk away, or get back to smoking my weed, or whatever I was doing when she interrupted my line of thought. They would usually egg me on for more, and try to give me their answer...

I'd wing it from there...

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im Currently in my 4th year of a Bsc in Applied computing and networking, when someone asks me what i do i usually say Applied physics (which i do lol) and networking. Usually there scared and dont know what 2 say after that, "really, that sounds hard"..and my reply is usually "i know"

Its funny how people repnd when you just say "computers"

are u interested in doing a course? There is no better time 2 get into computers then right now, there is alot of ephasis on the IT sector once again thankfully.

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm intrested in the field, yes, if I could talk to your friend, I would really like that. Im 16 years old, and I just want to get as much information as possible, I'm learning some computer languages now so I can get a jump start.

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, glad 2 see your interested in pursuing a course in comps. Well what do u want 2 know?

Since i started my degree, i have studied Pascal, C, C++, and currently doing java...o i forgot html :rolleyes:

Well be prepared for the maths and physics side aswell. Part of my course requires electonics and building circutry. This isnt that hard and your shouldnt be intimadated by it. Even if your poor at maths theres plenty of help available in tutorials and also asking the lectures.. Im alot more comfortable in maths and physics now then what i was when i was 18.
The part of my course i enjoy the most is networking and commiuncation networks. This is where u can design networks for businesses etc. Look up your college of preference and im sure theres plenty of information on what courses are on offer.
This year in my university they began a new undergraduate course in desiging computer games.. Thats something i might consider lookin into when i gradute, theres an abundance of possibilites on what u can achieve.
Hope everything works out for u :D

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MTJ
What do you guys do (in pick-up situations) when girls ask you what you do at uni? I honestly used to hate saying I do Information Technology..as it just seems geeky..and thus, she might make an assumption on that.. I actually got to the point where I used to just say I did engineering- which girls actually responded better to.
I say computer science, but indeed i think some girls may judge me based on what i study. I think people's stereotype of computer guys is that they spend all day long in front of the computer and have no social life.

I am not like that and if someone was to spy on me to see what my activities are during a typical day and then would have to guess what i study in, that person would probably guess wrong.

Bottom line: i'm proud to say that i am a computer guy who has a great social life and i hope it always remains like this.

Canibus27, computer science is a field that can be quite fun, but the downside is that you will always have to keep up to date with the fast-evolving technologies. If you don't adapt and learn what's new and hot at the moment, your knowledge may become more or less obsolete rather fast, and that's just not a good thing for you and your carreer. So keep this in mind if you plan on pursuing a carreer in this field.

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
HBK, may I have you email address? Also, I'm learning Pascal right now.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did my Master's of Science in Computer Science at Penn State, actually it was pretty much just an excuse for me to come to the US for two years, learn some damn good English and get to discover the country and have fun. I still managed to get good grades though.

Computer science is fun sometimes, but I just have so many other interests that I don't want to spend the rest of my life in front of computers. Plus being in computer science and related fields REALLY reduces your opportunities to meet girls.

That's partly why I switched to marketing more than a year ago, just finished my master's in marketing. Marketing is REALLy fun too.

I was never a hardcore geeky computer guy, I just like science: maths/physics/electronics/fluid mechanics etc in general. I also love languages and all the business fields. Guess after all these years studying science and engineering, I've already paid a dearly price (workload wise and ladies wise) for my natural curiosity. Now it's time to get into a field that's less stressful and better paid plus surrounded by all the hot ladies...
:D

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Le Parisien
Plus being in computer science and related fields REALLY reduces your opportunities to meet girls.

haha so true... You rarely see girls period in the computer field. If you do, they are most likely ugly and/or fat.

But, don't let that discourage you from getting into the IT field. Personally, I work in the IT field as a "IT Engineer" and I love doing it. There is definately good money to be had if you work hard.

I can't really speak for computer science, but I have taken several programming courses.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a bachelor's in MIS.

And a couple f-off Comptia certs (A+, network+)

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally disagree on the comment regarding computer related careers reducing your opportunities to meet women.

If you focus on a computer networking tangeant, there are plenty of opportunities to freelance onsite at... marketing, PR, or any such related firm.

Every sizeable company needs a network.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
I totally disagree on the comment regarding computer related careers reducing your opportunities to meet women.

If you focus on a computer networking tangeant, there are plenty of opportunities to freelance onsite at... marketing, PR, or any such related firm.

Every sizeable company needs a network.
Man, to be honest with you, as I stated earlier, I've been on both sides of the fences. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

If you work in the IT field and you DO meet a lots of women, then good for you.
But wait, I'm NOT talking about just doing IT support for them or getting specs from them for the IT projects. But actually working with them and getting to know them so you have a chance to meet them outside of work and go a little further if you see what I mean. ;)
Otherwise, it doesn't mean sh*t, I "meet" tons of hot girls everyday when I take the public transport to go to work...
:crackup:

But if you are just a student in the IT field, and you still think that you will get just as many quality women as you would if you were in a more "women friendly" field, then it's just your wishful thinking.
:rolleyes:

Ok it looks like you are more a designer/graphist, so you don't count as a computer/IT guy although you use computers for your daily job.

More seriously, although it's good to approach "anytime and anywhere", we all know that the actually successes come mostly from the girls we have some sort of regular contatc with. I don't mean everyday, but maybe weekly biweekly on a regular basis (like the same class, the same sports club, the same business branch etc...), and the most important point being it should be a "natural" process, in other words you are NOT asking them to come and meet you.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sigh...

I never made any inferrence to myself being involved in either said or related field, so any related arguments are redundant.

Anyway, you make your own opportunities, regardless of circumstance.

Despite the fact I know plenty of people involved in networking and IT that do in fact have regular contact with women, basing a career option on the semantic chances of meeting women is... silly.

IT and marketing/advertising fields are more closely linked than you think.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course it would be stupid to base your career choices on the opportunities to meet women.
We would all be in humanities fields or some sort of language or nursing or other fields...
:D

Personally, I changed to marketing for other reasons. But the big increase in the opportunities to meet hot women is just a nice side-effect that I deemed worth mentioning.

Ok so you are not an IT guy yourself. Ask the IT guys you know, most will tell you that they would meet more quality women if they were not in IT. Maybe they are not doing that bad now, but they would be doing GREAT if they were in communications or adversiting or other fields.

Don't just assume things.

It's just like all the rich kids who claim that poor kids have the same opportunities to go to the top colleges if they work hard enough.
Being poor and just sit there and keep b!tching won't do a thing, you need to make it happen. We all agree on this.
But it doesn't prevent us from recognizing the fact that it's MUCH harder.
Same thing goes for IT guys who have trouble meeting quality women. Stating that it doesn't matter is not recognizing the obvious.