Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

comprhensive ab routine

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i need a routine to pack some muscle on my abs, as well as help srenghten my core. Currently i work abs twice a week. I do 25 weighted swiss ball sits up( to tire the upper abs out ), 25 weighted regular sits up, 25 weighted(ankle weights or hold medicine ball with ankles) reverse crunches, and finally 25 cable pull downs. I do 3 sets of this and thats it. Then i do 2-3 sets of side bends on a hyperextension/glut ham machine. Any additions, mods, let me hear it.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do heavier sets of 10.

Why work your abs at 25 reps when you don't do that for other muscles?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Do heavier sets of 10.

Why work your abs at 25 reps when you don't do that for other muscles?
to be honest with you, i have no particular reason for the 25 reps. Just figured it'd be nicer to have a round number of total reps at the end, 100. Lol... has anyone been doing a heavy abs routine?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My "ab routine": Squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
i need a routine to pack some muscle on my abs, as well as help srenghten my core. Currently i work abs twice a week. I do 25 weighted swiss ball sits up( to tire the upper abs out ), 25 weighted regular sits up, 25 weighted(ankle weights or hold medicine ball with ankles) reverse crunches, and finally 25 cable pull downs. I do 3 sets of this and thats it. Then i do 2-3 sets of side bends on a hyperextension/glut ham machine. Any additions, mods, let me hear it.
Heres what you do:

Put small plates either side of a barbell. Say 5kg a side. Put collars on as well if you have them. You now effectively have an ab wheel. Read this and watch the video:

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/wheel.html

And do 2x8-10. You can add weight by putting a backpack with plates on your back.

I did them for the first time today. Ouch...:up: