Compliments, Traps and the Woman's Haircut

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A DJ-Pfc on the discussion board got me thinking about how compliments are given, which lead to the traps that compliments can lead to.

Trap 1: you say something attempting to be nice but which can be easily flipped into an insult.

Example: "You look slimmer today" will get met with by her--before you can start your next sentence--"Are you saying I'm usually fat?"

You are left standing there gulping air like a guppy that just jumped the wrong way and landed on the carpet. 95% of the time you're deadmeat here unless you can pull of an immediate c&F response or otherwise show you're not caught flat-footed by her counter-thrust.

Women are deadly on the counter-thrust. You get instant respect when you show you can handle a world-class counter-thrust. The only way to prepare for this is to practice NOT responding like the guppy on the carpet and then live thru a number of those moments.

Trap 2: She gets a haircut earlier that day/week and steps into the room. INSTANT TRAP! She may wait upwards of 3 hours to spring it, so if 5 mins have gone by, you haven't gotten out of the danger zone by any stretch of the imagination.

Know this: STYLING (a.k.a. "haircut" to men, much the same as "blouse" = shirt in our lang.) is a MAJOR EVENT in a woman's life.

We cannot appreciate this.

When I get out of the chair after a haircut to go pay--somewhere in that walk over--I have already forgotten that I just got a haircut. I know I'm paying $14 for something and that I have to tip the person at the chair I just left for the privilege of sitting there.

For a woman--they will set an appointment 3 months in advance for a hairstyling with someone they must establish a first-name basis with, establish a relationship with and pay at least 5X more than we would ever consider paying.

Think about that next time she flakes on a date.

It gets worse: if she leaves for another hairstylist (a.k.a. "barber") this is a "breakup" of an important "relationship". Yeah--! I've overheard them describing it with more trauma than nexting their last AFC BF. And if said hairstylist gives a haircut she is not satisfied with, this is a "betrayal" which causes her more despair than your indelicacy with your ex that you ran into last weekend.

Now---this is the trap, and we've all stepped in it.

1) You fail to notice she got a haircut. She doesn't even have to tell you that you are in the doghouse, you are deadmeat persona non-au gratin potatos (ok, hideous lame pun, but I haven't done one in 4 weeks, ok?) You are left standing there wondering if it's something hormonal. Nope--it was you and her g0ddamned haircut

2) You notice the hairstyling and it is ugly. She was betrayed and hasn't realized it yet--probably because the style was her idea. Your response carries your shock, horror, disgust---you can't hide it, and you know as you're saying it that you're blowing it and can't stop yourself. You feel as if an invisible force is making you lift that gun to your head and pull the trigger. And she justifiably shreds you publicly since you publicly humiliated her (well, SHE did by insisting on that butt-ugly cut, but in this game of "your IT", your IT and you get slaughtered. Tough rules, I know, and they wrote 'em.)

What do you do?

You have one chance and one chance only, so you have to practice this. When you see that she had something done to her hair---you may not know what (haircolor? cut? conditioner???) you MUST IMMEDIATELY SAY

"You got your hair done."

You don't have to say you like it. You don't have to express enthusiasm. You don't have to say what it was she had done. You don't even have to brighten up or even smile. You just say "you got your hair done."

This is the unwritten rule: if you notice the hair was done--that's all--they'll cut you some slack for not expressing enthusiasm or whatever. All that counts is that you noticed. They will pretend that you expressed admiration and delight even when no such thing was apparent. This is the one favor you get in all this.

You can't hesitate. You can't stumble over the words. You risk blowing it if you show emotion, just say "you got your hair done." Practice that. Imagine the moment a hundred times so that the response is automatic.

This is your one chance to survive this most deadly of traps. It's never failed for me.

Trap #3 You attempt to compliment her to make her feel special. I cut and pasted my response to Pfc-DJ as follows:

Basic rules for compliments:

1) Use ONE and only ONE compliment in any given get together. Don't be a pvss and max that out with a compliment each and every time you get together (so predictable, she'll probably guess what you'll compliment next by the 3rd attempt).

2) Do not compliment something she was born with--she was born with it and had absolutely no say in the matter.

3) Instead, compliment her on something she had to make a choice about, use discretion, etc.--jewelry, item in house, discretion in handling a difficult situation, whatever.

4) The compliment should not be obvious. Do it offhand, do it randomly, do it as if you are not aware you're doing it.

HINT: if you're LOOKING to compliment her, you've already blown it since it'll come off as canned (like a sitcom laff-trak). What to do instead is that if you notice something you like (besides her tyts and @ss you schlub!) just make casual mention of it.

Do it once, do it unexpectedly, do it on something she put some thought into------what happens??? She is caught by surprise, she picks up that YOU NOTICED, that it was REAL, that it WASN"T REHEARSED, that it MEANT SOMETHING---all this establishes instant and deep rapport, and it sets you off from every other moron AFC who told her she was beautiful.

IMO, "you're beautiful" to woman sounds like "I want to say something nice and hope to score easily tonight."

Last edited:

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip buddy.

I'd also like to add something for some of you. Be weary of girls "fishing" for compliments. These are usually the really good looking ones that know they look good but need assurance every 4 minutes.

A girl fishing for compliments keeps complaining over bull$hit. Like you say what red was talking about like"you got your hairdone" then she goes on and on about "oh I think it's too long," "I should have gotten this...I should have done that" "I really don't like it." You'll know she's fishing b/c she'll refer to it more than once. At first you say something like "It looks alright to me" or "I see nothing wrong with it." After that, ignore her little catcalls, just ignore them. Don't fall into the trap and start saying stuff like "Oh no, it looks beautiful, It's perfect," or "girl stop trippin' you know you look good." She gets an ego boost off that $hit. If you really want to bust on her (like say you really don't like her and don't care to much about getting laid), you could say something like

You- "I see you got your hair done"

Her- "Yeah, I think it's too short though"

You- "Yeah your right, you look like a fukkin' dude with that haircut, $hit, you got a better haircut than I do, what's your barbers phone number, I'ma start going to your barber"

Do this if you don't like her, or if you are just really cool with her. If she's a girl you're trying to talk to, she'll remember that $hit forever and hold it against you.

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Or, you can score some more points if you say it with a right attitude.

I just can't belive how many things that I would consider light insoults, I said to any random girl and scored points :D

I try to NEVER reasshure them of anything, and it is a great trick ;)

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Example: "You look slimmer today" will get met with by her--before you can start your next sentence--"Are you saying I'm usually fat?"

You are left standing there gulping air like a guppy that just jumped the wrong way and landed on the carpet. 95% of the time you're deadmeat here unless you can pull of an immediate c&F response or otherwise show you're not caught flat-footed by her counter-thrust.
I usually handle this with some sarcasm. In this case, I'd just say...:
"Yes, you are usually ridiculously fat"
or
"Yeah you're usually huge, how did you look so much skinnier"
or
"Oh yeah, I suggest that all the time to women for no reason at all"

When delivering one of these, don't lose your cool, just keep a smile on your face and give her some eye contact. She'll KNOW you're joking. If she gets all bent out of shape about it, she doesn't have a good enough of a sense of humor for me and I'd withdraw my attention for awhile.

Generally, my experience tells me the best thing to do is always "admit" to their accusation in a way that makes their comment look downright ridiculous. REMEMBER TO SMILE, DAMMIT. It shouldn't work, I know...but it does. ;)

ali_g

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's strange, sometimes a light insult is taken as a teasing, or sometimes you're trying to tease them and they get upset and hurt. I guess all women have their different sensitivities.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I like the way you cut your hair. - I liked it better before.

Yes, I like the way you cut your hair. - $50 and it doesn't look that much different!

jd782

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me, if I want to mess with a females mind. I tell her to change something. Example. I know this girl who dyed her hair a liter color. She asked if I liked it, and in a not caring voice. I said. Its ok. Then I said, actually I prefer women with dark hair. And she said, well, I was thinking of dying it darker anyway.

But the, "do you think I'm fat" question is the best. You can have fun with that one. The same female I mentioned above. One day I was in a good mood. And was feeling like being extra nice. So I said to her. Have you lost weight? She said no. I'm wearing this black shirt because black is slimming. I was thinking to myself. Ok you are honest. But you dumb girl. You just basically told me you are fat.