Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Competing for a girl with a friend, who is difficult to gauge and loves to Friendzone

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sosuave, it has been a while!

University is going great, I am in the big run up to end of year examinations, doing Law makes it particularly difficult.

I took the good advice all those months ago from here and although at the time I couldn't see a silver lining to the cloud, I've finally gotten over everything. I admit there were hiccups along the way, times when I'd just have a huge sense of regret and wishing I had done differently but then realised I can use that to learn and not go wrong like that again in the future.

All around me I see my friends falling into the same traps as I did, getting in too deep too quickly etc. I have told them my experiences and what not, so hopefully they won't mess up how I and probably countless others have.

Anyway my message does not go without question, hopefully we can get some discussion going on it.

I took a big break from any possible relationships after my last one however I have now come across and started talking with one of the girls off my course. I always thought she was attractive I just sort of forgot about her when I had a girlfriend and in the aftermath of that relationship which I hated.

** since my last girlfriend I have been spinning plates constantly, whenever I drop one I pick up another **

Anyway the problem is my friend also likes her except, he got ridiculously friend zoned by her a few weeks back. She basically said she wasn't looking for anything with him etc, the usual.

After hearing this I put my guard up but also kept on talking to her now and again, always maintaining a cool but confident and chatty self, the old school basics of NEG's (she is ridiculously good looking) and treating her as if she's a child in some scenarios.

Here's the thing though, I'm nonethewiser where I stand now because of the following.

The other night after the library we headed back to hers, had a drink and a snack and whatnot, watched a bit of TV and chatted etc.

Whilst watching TV I escalated a little, arm round her sort of thing. Then I'd be on the bed and she'd by up against me as well, with no qualms about how close we were.

Managed to get it all the way to giving her a massage, which I'm pretty damn good at and she was obviously enjoying it.

However I couldn't gauge her at all, yeah there were a few IOI's there, but it's been so long and I was so rusty I wasn't 100% sure.

I started to get a little nervous felt like I was biding for time. Definitely felt AA which I hadn't in a long time.

In the end she was sitting on my lap before I was about to go, we were talking about how much bigger I was than her because I lived in the gym blah blah. We ended up trying to guess my weight, when she said 16 stone I teased her playfully and was like "awhh well done you guessed right"

I have no idea why then, but I felt like time was running out so I went in for the kiss.

She sort of turned away, she didnt completely, and from what I CAN REMEMBER I kissed her on her cheek and then instantly played it off as a joke, tickled her and pushed her off me.

Inside I was as tense as hell though, I knew what I had done and knew I had messed up. I have no idea if she knew as well but I could feel like she did.

Anyway, I saw her the next day about campus, we chatted again and there was no bad body language from her.

She isn't a major texter, its rare to get more than a few texts from her throughout the day. We usually talk at night either in the Library revising or through Facebook if its late.

At the moment there's exams on obviously so I am not that fussed about pressing for a meet up in town etc.

I've outlined the situation as best I can, hopefully you can help with;

*The situation with my friend

*How to handle a girl that I struggle to gauge (smart, fast witted etc)

*Plan of action for the future, where am I going wrong

On a side note, I feel that I sometimes could be texting her to much, but she never comments or bats an eyelid about it, theres always a reply even if its a hours later.

Many thanks

Spearmint.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never compete over a girl, all you do is bloat up her ego and give her more power.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
It isn't obvious competition whatsoever.

When I am around her and my friend is there, out of respect for him because I know I have way more game than him, I act disinterested.

He doesn't know I am actively pursuing her.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
TL;DR!

Competing for a girl with a friend has no good in it that is for you. Or him. But much for her! And she'll have so much power from getting entertained, you're likely to get friendzoned here. All because of the high-ass pedestal you two have put her on. Don't shop at Pedestals R' Us. Or Build-A-Pedestal Workshop.

Don't let a woman come between you and a friend. And don't give her power. Start destroying pedestals that other guys have built and you might be destroying vaginal walls! So ordered.

Case closed. Divide and conquer.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spearmint said:
It isn't obvious competition whatsoever.

When I am around her and my friend is there, out of respect for him because I know I have way more game than him, I act disinterested.

He doesn't know I am actively pursuing her.
I've gone down this road before, ended up with no girl and one less friend.

Accept Judge Nismo's verdict.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you destroy the pedestal then?

My friend has been FZ'd by her, in her eyes now he is a friend and I've told him what to do which is exactly what you and I would both do if we were ever FZ'd..get out of there.

Nismo gave a good response but I'm interested in broaching the subject more if anything for being able to look back on in the future.

acerazor1

Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you or your friend being friendzoned when trying to pull this chick? Juts dont treat her like a friend in the first place! Let your intentions known. You may think, 'if i do that, I lose being a challenge'... This is WRONG. By making your intentions known, & i dont mean by telling her your into her, I mean direct sexual comments, 'so, when we gonna have sex', straight faced, outta the blue, you would never be friendzoned. You keep being a challenge by showing you dont care about the outcome, not by letting her think your uninterested in her sexually.

Spearmint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like I'm doing the right thing.

As far as not hearing much from her now and then? Should I be concerned or just continue to spin plates