Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Comfortable making fun of yourself?

Embrace

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a party recently and some pictures were taken. I was with one of my buddies and we posed for a picture. I resemble ET in the picture.. and I agree that I do.. kids at school sort of tease me.. playfully I'm assuming. I laugh with them and stuff because I dont want to be an uptight b*itch about it. Kids make fun of eachother for fun as friends as well as to be ass holes...

I just want to know when its too far and that I shouldnt take it.. I think I should stand up for myself but I dont not want to have a sense of humor and be comfortable teasing myself you know?

Any tips?

Elky

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, everyone sort of looks like some kind of animal or creature. If you are constantly bothered by a specific person, start making fun of them and teasing them at the same level as they are to you. If you dont stand up for yourself and if this goes to far, everyone will see you as a "whimp", you dont want that happening i presume...So give em' a taste of their own medicine, afterall... it is only fair.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll know when the point comes.

Its when you actually are bothered to the point of, if you don't say sh!t... its gonna bother you.

So just call the fvcker out.
"Fvck you!... alright Alf! Think of something new to say already, that sh!t is played out like your style"

lol, or whatever.
You can laugh about sh!t, but when it no longer is funny... um, then thats the point to respond accordingly. Simple.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yep. always have the final say whether something is funny. most people like a person who doesnt take themselves too seriously; it makes them more human and thus, likeable. however, once it crosses the line into disrespect or if jokes at your expense happen more often than once in a while, then its time to do something about it.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen people try to make fun of themselves or let others joke with them to look "secure" or something and it's really lame.

It has the opposite effect of looking secure, It looks really lame because it's obvious they try to force not getting upset. When if they were secure, they'd just say what was on their mind at the moment.

So yeah, just say something back worse, hit em where it hurts. Of course laughing the whole time. Not get all angry or sad, just if they playfully joke, playfully joke as well. That way it's even and nobody is all serious and hurt.

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would milk it actually. I used to be really skinny and had a big head. Flat feet only added icing to the cake, I was ET (was also short) haha. I got called ET by friends and I didn't care, i played around and would act like him sometimes. Its all fun and games imo.