Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne comparison

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you ever buy an expensive cologne and a knock off of it and see if woman responded better to one or the other? If so, which types did you buy, and what were the results.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have experimented with pheromones. Often they don’t work as described but there are a few that have been solid products.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t usually wear cologne unless I’m at a formal event or some sort of interview or meeting where I’m trying to impress. I just shower daily and wear lots of deodorant. Actually makes you smell fine without spending tons of money on cologne. Deodorant gives you a faint scent of cleanliness and can even give off stronger smells if you buy a scented one…and it’s 5 bucks a stick.
I write for a living, so the only times I ever go out are to buy food or go out with friends or a girl. If I meet a girl on the way then that works out. But to buy cologne just so I can stay home all day? No.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obviously asking this because you're interested in getting some, but don't have much money for it. The first thing I would suggest is trying samples from local places, or by ordering samples from sites. If you don't have much money for colognes, it would be a shame to invest in some that don't react well with your skin chemistry.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obviously asking this because you're interested in getting some, but don't have much money for it. The first thing I would suggest is trying samples from local places, or by ordering samples from sites. If you don't have much money for colognes, it would be a shame to invest in some that don't react well with your skin chemistry.
OK. I'll order some samples.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you ever buy an expensive cologne and a knock off of it and see if woman responded better to one or the other? If so, which types did you buy, and what were the results.
It's a hit or miss. I've tried a few companies that state they have exact replicas and sometimes they are close or the same and sometimes they are way off. Dossier is one of those companies and so far only their replica of L'Homme by YSL is close, other fragrances have been off. There are other companies like this and for the price, it might be worth it as you can always keep the cologne or return it at no cost to you. That is, of course, if you are on a budget.

In my opinion, choose 1-3 top male fragrances that really suit you and your skin's PH and save to get the real deal (and that includes getting Parfum NOT eau de toilette which is a higher concentration that will last way longer).

I have a whole collection but that is only because I am into fragrances and collecting them so I have my favorites and go to depending on the occasion/event.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only time I've worn it is if a woman buys me some. Then, if I like it, I will wear it when we go out together. Some women really get into all of that but my experience is that most women just want their men clean and well groomed.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(and that includes getting Parfum NOT eau de toilette which is a higher concentration that will last way longer).
Not every fragrance has a Parfum version. I think you mean Eau De Parfum. It goes Aftershave<Cologne<EDT<EDP<Parfum. Though I've seen it where EDT would work on someone's skin, but EDP wouldn't. Best bet is to get a samples.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole Mankind is a good starter fragrance. It's got a nice pineapple note in the opening that's d@mn good.

For date night, I'd recommend YSL La Nuit De L'Homme or D&G The One EDP.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Kenneth Cole Mankind is a good starter fragrance. It's got a nice pineapple note in the opening that's d@mn good.

For date night, I'd recommend YSL La Nuit De L'Homme or D&G The One EDP.
Kenneth Cole has several hidden gems over the years that are cheap compared to other colognes and get a lot of compliments

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole has several hidden gems over the years that are cheap compared to other colognes and get a lot of compliments
Yeah, they sure do. My fav from them is Kenneth Cole for Men, released in 2018. It's a fresh and clean banger...usually wear it to the gym.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Yeah, they sure do. My fav from them is Kenneth Cole for Men, released in 2018. It's a fresh and clean banger...usually wear it to the gym.
I always liked Kenneth Cole Reaction. I also wear Versace and D&G. But I'd put KC Reaction up against either for a fraction of the cost.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the real thing. Dont mess with fakes. You'll only end up wasting time and money