College post: Alcohol and Working out

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How bad does alcohol affect cutting up?

NOTE:I plan on doing a 3 month workout program to transform my fat ass body. I drink about 2 days a week(Wednesday and Friday) So do u think I should just cut down drinking to about 1 day a week?

Thanks

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do one day a week if I'm bulking. If I'm cutting, I just dont bother. It really sets you back in the fatloss department.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
I do one day a week if I'm bulking. If I'm cutting, I just dont bother. It really sets you back in the fatloss department.
100% , drinking especially high carb beers is the easiest way to gain weight. Its unwanted weight , and alchohol prevents the absorbtion of nessisary vitimins , minerals , and other nutrients as well.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ethanol has 5 calories per gram. However, its pretty damn bad for you because ethanol tends to go towards fatty concentrations around the waistline. That's why you rarely see heavy drinkers with tight abs.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It messes your hormon balance up too leading to more fat depositation. I'm sure I heard also that it produces more estrogen and there is a risk of gyno also if your training very heavy.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, its gonna be hella hard for me to even resist from drinking, but I think i can do it. I hope i can just bear watchin everybody drink while I am just faking it at those frat parties.haha. Oh well, I'll try.

NOTE: I think actually havin a good body will increase my chances of attraction significantly, even if I am an above average looking black guy with acne.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heyjose25points
Damn, its gonna be hella hard for me to even resist from drinking, but I think i can do it. I hope i can just bear watchin everybody drink while I am just faking it at those frat parties.haha. Oh well, I'll try.

NOTE: I think actually havin a good body will increase my chances of attraction significantly, even if I am an above average looking black guy with acne.
Yea, be careful with the alcohol. It WILL make acne worse.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck abs. I'm going to stick with my Coors Light.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
Fvck abs. I'm going to stick with my Coors Light.
Fvck coors light. I'm sticking to vodka/coke and good old ale.

Wut? I'm bulking, It's the only sanity I get :p

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is probably the worst thing you can ingest when cutting, coming in at 7 cal's per gram. On another note, don't buy into the whole high carb and low carb beer hype. Alcohol is extremely potent and the fermentation process pretty much kills any traces of carbs in beer. The truth is that ALL beer is low carb, and because of the 2003 - present Atkin's craze, Beer companies decided to hop on the bandwagon and release "low carb beer."

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it matter what kind of alcohol you drink? I really for the most part don't care what I'm drinking, as long as it doesn't taste like piss and it gets me drunk. I've heard that, for example, sake (japanese wine) is a lot more healthy than other alcohol. Would it be better to drink than something like craploads of beer?

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
Does it matter what kind of alcohol you drink? I really for the most part don't care what I'm drinking, as long as it doesn't taste like piss and it gets me drunk. I've heard that, for example, sake (japanese wine) is a lot more healthy than other alcohol. Would it be better to drink than something like craploads of beer?

Who cares? Let the good times roll. :D

dcfball

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can cut down to around 9-10% bf if i drink in moderation(once a week and just alcohol, no mixers) and my diet is good. the thing i notice is the day after i drink is im ****ed up. i have no appetite and my metabolism slows down alot. imo if you want rocked out abs just stop the drinking. you will notice it is ALOT easier to pull *****es from clubs/parties if YOU are not drunk(while they may be)

the only problem is when a girl is drunk and im not... its a pretty big turn off

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well actually now that you mention it, I don't care about cutting up. I just wanna get myself into shape, and lose my stomache, thats all. don't care about abs.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming from a former alcoholic, let me tell you, the short-term pleasure/fun you get from being hammered doesn't compare to the long-term pleasure you get from seeing positive results in mirror every week.

At first it's hard getting used to not drinking socially, but after a while you get used to it, and the next thing you know, you wonder why you even bothered drinking in the first place.

Been dry 2 years, wouldn't have it any other way.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100% , drinking especially high carb beers is the easiest way to gain weight. Its unwanted weight , and alchohol prevents the absorbtion of nessisary vitimins , minerals , and other nutrients as well.
Ethanol has 5 calories per gram. However, its pretty damn bad for you because ethanol tends to go towards fatty concentrations around the waistline. That's why you rarely see heavy drinkers with tight abs.
It messes your hormon balance up too leading to more fat depositation. I'm sure I heard also that it produces more estrogen and there is a risk of gyno also if your training very heavy.
basically, alcohol slows down the protein synthesis.
I dont mean to offend anyone, but I just LOVE this type of theory talk. You read it in the magazines, in books or on the net and its (probably) all very true, but have you ever tried to cut down from a certain percentage of bodyfat to another certain percentage of bodyfat - one time while not drinking at all and another time while drinking 3 or 4 beers on friday and saturday (while still not consuming more calories than your consuming during the week)?

I guess not, because you make it sound like if a person drinks moderately on the weekend while trying to cut it will not be possible at all to decrease their body fat to a level where you can see their abs really clearly and they do have a really nice sixpack.

I do drink as much when im cutting as i do while im bulking (usually friday and saturday 4 beers each...sometimes just friday or saturday) and I do succeed in cutting up and be really satisfied with my 6pack.

I can cut down to around 9-10% bf if i drink in moderation(once a week and just alcohol, no mixers) and my diet is good.
This is very true. But if youre not going to participate in bodybuilding contests, 9-10% bodyfat with well developped abs (the MUSCLES) will give you a pretty nice 6pack with no visible flab or anything. So stop exaggerating guys!

(btw Im not trying to say alcohol is a good thing but if u drink it in moderation(!) its just very unlikely that itll harm your weigh training/cutting results too damn much..)

Oh and btw it dont matter what type of alcoholic drink u drink. A lot of people (most of them chicks..) say bull**** like "I dont drink beer because it makes you fat" so Ill just get drunk by drinking vodka instead. That's like one of the funniest misconceptions ever to me, because it doesnt really make a difference whether u get drunk with vodka or with beer, because ull still need the same amount of alcohol to get drunk and its the alcohol thats full of calories. Ive made a calculation before and you HARDLY consume more calories if u get drunk by beer than you do by getting drunk with vodka.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
what I posted is not some stuff I read on the internet, something I learned in a college course. It is also the reason why people who practice medicine ask if you are a heavy drinker, to be able to assess the effectiveness of their drug on said person.

(btw Im not trying to say alcohol is a good thing but if u drink it in moderation(!) its just very unlikely that itll harm your weigh training/cutting results too damn much..)

I completly agree with this, which is why I drink in moderation ( 1 day a week tops)