Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick, backup QB for the San Francisco 49ers, chose to sit and not stand during the national anthem prior to his team's preseason game with the Green Bay Packers. He said he did this because he could not take pride in a country that oppresses minorities.

I think he has every right to protest or sit out the national anthem, but I think his ire here is misplaced. The USA does not have an official policy of oppressing minorities. If he has a problem with police brutality or certain issues, he should direct his attention toward them specifically and try to affect positive change. He shouldn't disrespect the entire country (of which he is a part) as a whole. That is the same country that affords him the opportunity to make a $19 million a year salary playing football.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9ers-defend-move/ar-BBw792S?OCID=ansmsnnews11

B

BlueAlpha1

Colin Kaepernick, backup QB for the San Francisco 49ers, chose to sit and not stand during the national anthem prior to his team's preseason game with the Green Bay Packers. He said he did this because he could not take pride in a country that oppresses minorities.

I think he has every right to protest or sit out the national anthem, but I think his ire here is misplaced. The USA does not have an official policy of oppressing minorities. If he has a problem with police brutality or certain issues, he should direct his attention toward them specifically and try to affect positive change. He shouldn't disrespect the entire country (of which he is a part) as a whole. That is the same country that affords him the opportunity to make a $19 million a year salary playing football.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9ers-defend-move/ar-BBw792S?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Not going to pull punches. He's a piece of garbage and is unintelligent. Wonder if he thinks he'd do better in Africa? The United States hasn't oppressed people of color for 3 generations now. It has bent over backwards to make amends for the sins of the past and rolled out the red carpet for anyone and everyone that isn't a white male. Every corporation and university in this country is utterly obsessed with this "diversity and inclusion" meme. At this point it's nothing more than virtue signaling and groveling and yet the left is playing this oppression card even MORE, not less.

He's an uneducated dolt who has not actually looked at these "police brutality" cases individually and studied the facts. I'm sure he still thinks Mike Brown had his hands up. In the case where it was clear brutality - Justin Volpe, Michael Slager, etc, the cop is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And it seems like the most outspoken among these uneducated clowns are biracial. The black tribalism is deeply embedded in this guy and Jesse Williams, a black supremacist with white skin and blue eyes. It's rare that you see an actual BLACK guy pulling this kinda BS.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't go into too much detail. I'll only speak on my experience. As a former drugdealer(small time), black male, and living in Baltimore, MD.

Cops police black males harder than white males. Black males are also profiled more than white males.
Police are afraid of black males.

This is because you take a scrawny kid who grew up in the suburbs his whole life, tell him if he can run 1 mile without passing out and do 50 bad form pushups and situps, he can be a cop. Then you stick him in the worst ghetto's in america with a loaded firearm..

And he is a little more jumpy than he should be.. thus, unneccissary deaths.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no problem with his decision, but as zekko said his target is off. He could accomplish much more using his celebrity, especially in the Bay Area.

His timing is also suspect as he's not likely to be a starter and probably wants (and will get) a release from the 49ers. He's guaranteed $11 million, less whatever new team signs him for this season if that happens.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to be clear, my point was not whether or not there was a problem, but whether or not this was a good way to express his protest.

Kaepernick says he is going to continue to sit for the national anthem until there is significant change. Well, he might as well just sit forever. Because I was born and raised in the 60s, and there have been many strides made in civil rights and attitudes since then. Yet somehow the issue remains as heated and complicated as ever. It isn't going to be solved to everyone's satisfaction anytime soon. So Kaepernick may as well just sit out the anthem forever.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is an idiot. It doesn't really matter if his opinion is true or not you just can't act like that at the workplace. Especially not him. The only way it would work is if he was an untouchable superstar which he isn't. He isn't even a starter. What team would want to put up with the stigma and drama that Kaepernick will put them through? Especially since all owners are white. At the end of the day he is only messing up his money.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kaepernick has come out with a statement saying that his sitting was not a statement on the military. I can take him at his word, but this demonstrates exactly why his chosen avenue of protest was a wrong one. When you are talking about the national anthem, it represents the entire country as a whole. That includes the military, businesses, minorities, the freedom of speech that allows him to sit, everything.

If Kaepernick wants to specifically protest one issue, then address that. Taking it out on the national anthem and the entire country as a whole simply condemns everything.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black Americans committe a disproportionate amount of crimes. places where the population is primarily black tend to have high crime.

You can't blame cops for recognizing these indisputable facts and having a reaction to it, or being extra cautious.

The real problem is black on black crime which is a direct result of culture of the people in high crime areas.

Police are afraid or if high crime areas where they're more likely to get shot or hurt. coincidentally, those areas Happen to populated by mostly black people.

Most cops aren't especially corrupt and most certainly not racist. correlation doesn't equal causation. many cops that shoot "innocent" black males are black themselves. you should really look at the facts. most cops in Baltimore are minorities, Baltimore is run by democrats, the mayor is black, the judge that didn't charge those cops (three of which were black) with the death of Freddy Gray was black. the police chief is black. so you literally can't say it's because whites were racist.

Blms is a joke who don't do anything to help black Americans. they literally only cause issues and cause hate against whites.

Any one who dresses, talks and acts like a thug or gang banger (regardless of race) will make cops think that person could be not kosher because gang members are usually criminals that live a life of crime. that's not an unreasonable assumption. that doesn't mean everyone who dresses, talks and acts that way is always a criminal.

The less criminals on the street the better.
What are you talking about? Read my post again. I said 0 about cops being racist, son.
Yet its a reoccuring term in your post..

Tbh I could give 2 sh*ts about people being racist. If you want to walk around hating strangers, be my guest. What you eat won't make me sh*t.

My post was about under trained cops.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His timing is also suspect as he's not likely to be a starter and probably wants (and will get) a release from the 49ers. He's guaranteed $11 million, less whatever new team signs him for this season if that happens.
That's what is really going on. They didn't announce the starting qb until this week, and he is just throwing a tantrum about being benched.

I'd make his whiny ass line up at running back and tell the rest of the team to accidentally miss their blocks every time he had the ball.

B

BlueAlpha1

What are you talking about? Read my post again. I said 0 about cops being racist, son.
Yet its a reoccuring term in your post..

Tbh I could give 2 sh*ts about people being racist. If you want to walk around hating strangers, be my guest. What you eat won't make me sh*t.

My post was about under trained cops.
What softlboro is saying was a response to you saying cops police blacks "harder" than whites. There'd a very good reason for that. You may not be crying the race card but many leftists do and the fact is, facts do not care about their feelings.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of disrespecting the country that allows him the freedom to be payed 19 million dollars as a backup QB, he could very well take some of that money and put it towards a the cause he is so called protesting for.

Even if not for the sake of protest but as a tax write off. The dudes uneducated. The left as a whole is just misguided. America is not a country of oppression. There is no other country with greater liberty and so many take it for granted.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What softlboro is saying was a response to you saying cops police blacks "harder" than whites. There'd a very good reason for that. You may not be crying the race card but many leftists do and the fact is, facts do not care about their feelings.
Well I live not too far from what you would call "a white ghetto" i.e poor white people and the crime rate is just as high as in black neighborhoods. They have a white prison gang called "d.m.i" (deadman inc) and sell drugs on the corner just like in black neighborhoods..

I don't think its race that causes crime its poverty. It just so happens a lot of black people are poor.
My evidence for this is we in Maryland have several of the richest predominantly black counties in the country. Communities of blacks where the median household income is 120k+ and the crime rate is very low.

I say this to say
Blacks dont commit more crime, the poor and uneducated commit more crimes and Blacks are disproportionately poor. So they get a bad rap.
This is all.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to see the 49ers fire his ass and quit paying him on the grounds that he has breached his contract. He got a contract to be a football player, not a political activist. If he really cares about oppression so much, he can forfeit that giant salary of his to show his dedication to the cause.

B

BlueAlpha1

I'd like to see the 49ers fire his ass and quit paying him on the grounds that he has breached his contract. He got a contract to be a football player, not a political activist. If he really cares about oppression so much, he can forfeit that giant salary of his to show his dedication to the cause.
Only in a deranged left wing utopia can an 0.1%er on a country scale and an 0.00001%er on the world scale cry about "oppression"

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I've stated, in different words, my son.

Police aren't scared of black males. It's just that even they encounter black males in high crime black areas, they're going to be more cautious in terms of being ready to protect themselves.

Black males should acknowledge crime and demographic statistics and use that readily available information to their advantage when they have an encounter with law enforcement.

I honestly think all police officers should have to wear body cams at all times. not every death that is protested is an innocent victim.

I'm glad you acknowledge that race doesn't cause crime and poverty, I mistakenly thought you were a person who thinks white people or white culture is responsible for the State that the majority of black people are in, in terms of poverty, crime etc.
No my child, Im not one of those types :D:D

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Standing for the national anthem isn't required to play pro football and I doubt it's in his contract. Standing for the anthem is also political activism.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Standing for the national anthem isn't required to play pro football and I doubt it's in his contract. Standing for the anthem is also political activism.
I doubt it is spelled out in the contract, but all contracts assume an "ordinary reasonable person" standard. I'm sure they have every contractual right to levy enormous fines, regardless.

Activism is defined by the situation. Standing for the national anthem would be activism if you were a prisoner of ISIS, and they were going to execute you for it.

B

BlueAlpha1

I doubt it is spelled out in the contract, but all contracts assume an "ordinary reasonable person" standard. I'm sure they have every contractual right to levy enormous fines, regardless.

Activism is defined by the situation. Standing for the national anthem would be activism if you were a prisoner of ISIS, and they were going to execute you for it.
Perhaps this racist piece of garbage would be happier living under the Islamic State. After all, leftists are cultural relativists and Sharia law is "just their culture." Maybe he should catch a flight to east or northern Africa where ISIS has set up shop in a few countries, that way he can show this white dominated society paying him $61 million what's up.

It's called white derangement syndrome. It is a solidarity with other folks on the basis of non whiteness. The lighter your skin, the more evil you are by default. Us whites oppress just this blanket demographic called "people of color." And black (zulus), brown (Ottomans), yellow (modern day North Korea), and red (Mayans) people have never done slavery and genocide, you know.

White derangement system is how a group like "Gays for Palestine" can exist. It's a capital offense to be gay in Gaza, while Tel Aviv is the gay capital of the world. But most Palestinians are brown, and most Israelis are white. And that's all you need to know.

That's my thesis summing up this mindset. It's how these morons like Sharpton can STILL be running with the hands up don't shoot lie when it's been disproven by forensics. Facts don't matter, only levels of melanin matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I live not too far from what you would call "a white ghetto" i.e poor white people and the crime rate is just as high as in black neighborhoods. They have a white prison gang called "d.m.i" (deadman inc) and sell drugs on the corner just like in black neighborhoods..

I don't think its race that causes crime its poverty. It just so happens a lot of black people are poor.
My evidence for this is we in Maryland have several of the richest predominantly black counties in the country. Communities of blacks where the median household income is 120k+ and the crime rate is very low.

I say this to say
Blacks dont commit more crime, the poor and uneducated commit more crimes and Blacks are disproportionately poor. So they get a bad rap.
This is all.
Cola, I have a situation I'd like to see if you'd explain.

There is a black girl I went to HS with on my Facebook page that is now an attorney in Atlanta. She made the claim once that "the system was not created for us so how can we expect it to protect us?"

My question is this. What is it she wants? Less law and order? A court system designed for blacks? Or less stringent for blacks? And if that is the case, why have we spent all this time trying to prove we are equal if we aren't, according to her?