cold pickup at a gym - how to finesse it?

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just at a gym that was pretty empty. There was me and one other guy there when an HB8.5 walked in.

I made eye contact and smiled a little, and briefly asked about changing the channel on the TV to both the HB and the dude. I switched it to the food network and she said something about "making us all hungry."

I ignored them both for a while but the chick may have been looking at me when I was doing tricep extension. I finished my workout, but she was still doing hers.

I left.

What should I have done? I am not sure chatting is an option if someone is in the middle of their workout. I wouldn't want to be bothered and I assume others feel the same way.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hitting on women in the gym has always been something i've wanted to do, but never lacked enough class to do it. i could have sworn a girl was begging to be talked to today, but i didn't even look at her. she and her friend did a couple stupid sets behind me and then switched to a machine in front of me. i just kept workin out. i hate when people interrupt my workouts, and i respect other people.

plus, i don't know a good opener in this situation. i'm certainly not going to try me usual approach of just introducing myself. it would be way too corny to talk about stuff related to the gym. i'll just stick to the bars and clubs to find women.

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like interrupting people during their workout either.

But I don't like passing up hotties either.

With the proper strategy and mindset anything is possible for a DJ.

Tano

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just playfully chat to them, got speaking to a nice lingerie model that was working out, usually they dont mind if you bother them after a set. I just didnt like the idea of dating/getting with someone that i have to see regualry.

I just asked her about diets, asked her to show me some ab workouts and after the first few conversations she started asking me iwhere i hang out on weekends. It all flowed on from there.

oh, i made fun of her for doing such pu$$y paper weights and proceded to get her a big 20kg weight for her ab crunches.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the gym it's easy to get little snatches of convo , but hard to fully engage someone.

One solution is (having made a few jokes/ comments and talked for a bit) to work out for a half hour , then pick up your towel and your bag and go over to the HB and have a brief chat (cos you're being polite) as you leave.

Ask her what she's doing after class and either make converstaion about that or invite her for a latte and a bag of donuts.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The tv at the gym is golden!

If she says it making her hungry, agree. Then throw in some C&F.

"Hungry? Yeah me too. I got to get some food when I get out finished here. So where you taking me?"

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a girl who hooked up with a couple of guys at the gym just by walking over to the treadmill/stairmaster/bike section and working out next to whoever she thought was cute. Either she would start a conversation or the guy would. She would also do the stairmaster/treadmill/bike and guys would come next to her to workout and chat.

I found this works well. I usually get on a stairmaster that is in between 2 that aren't being used - that way I make myself 2x more approachable.

Yea, hitting on a girl anywhere else in the gym (besides the girls at the front desk) usually isn't a good idea.

CB

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Chewy. On the cardio equipment, you're just sitting/standing there. Perfect opportunity to start a conv.

Beware though. If you start dating a dirl from the gym and it doesn't work out, you'll have to put up with seeing her there, getting hit on, hooking up, etc...

My former oneitis is now back at my gym. It sux. But, I realize she is a psycho biotch and feel sorry for the next guy(s) she's gonna LJBF's. I haven't spoken to her in 8 months and don't plan to. She ignores me a the gym and I ignore her...

I was so blind. Why didn't someone slap me...