Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold approaching girls with the line: "hey you, do you think i'm good looking?"

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(TL;DR in bold)

a long time ago i made a thread just like this that none of you will remember, however i've been too busy focusing on not failing all my college classes to do much cold approaching, but now that the semester is over and thus i've already failed everything i'll have the free time on my hands,

anyway, onto the actual cold approach idea: what if i walk up to cute girls i see around and just ask them that simple question, something like, "hey you [pause to make sure she's listening] do you think i'm good looking?" or "hey, can i ask you a question? [if she says yes] do you think i'm good looking?" something along these lines.

obviously if she says no then i'll just go "that's a shame" or "wow, you must take good care of your glasses to see that well" or "perfect! i'll save this mask for halloween" or something and bid her adieu, and if she says anything else i'll chat her up for a bit.

what do you guys think? horrible idea, fantastic idea, derivative idea, etc. (oh and i'm reading the book "day bang" by roosh V, so like, when i finish that book i'll probably completely change my daytime cold approach system and thus trying this out will be my last chance to do my old gimmick focused style before i adopt a newer more refined one)

fun fact, i already tried this exactly once (see the quoted post right below) i think it went well... sort of. no idea if that was pure luck or not though, ideally i'll try it again during this upcoming week

Me: hey you [pause] hello
Her: hello
Me: can I ask you a question?
Her: uhh sure I guess
Me: do you think Im good looking? [I think I smiled, mainly because I almost laughed]
Her: [smiles, I don't think it was the laughter kind of smile, just a legit smile] why are you asking me that?
Me: you know, you're not supposed to answer a question with a question
Her: why not?
Me: idk. I just heard that. [Pause] it's impolite
Me: tell you what, I'll answer yours if you answer mine
Her: but I didn't ask you a question
Me: yes you did, "why are you asking me that"
Her: oh... that was rhetorical
Me: oh good so I don't have to answer it, but you still gotta answer mine
Her: [smiles again] I cant, I gotta go home [she turns to walk up to the entrance of a building we were walking past and makes like she's going to open the door] bye
Me: [keeps walking and looks back at her] awwww, you're breaking my heart [i make a heart break hand gesture then turn back around and keep walking, I think she was smiling but I'm not sure]

I think that would've went well if I had more time to talk to her. She was a latina, college age, walking down a street in harlem, I was walking next to her, I thought she was hot but I figure you guys would have higher standards and call her a solid HB7
so... thoughts everyone?

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you trying to achieve here? In my opinion, since most people are polite, you're really not gleaning any useful information. I think asking if they find you attractive is kind of weak, too. You'd be much better served studying body language, in particular lying and signs of attraction. Words are incredibly nebulous.

I was in bed with a girl once who loved verbally teasing me. I was teasing around the top of her underwear with my finger tips and she sarcastically says "Oh, you're so good at turning me on" with an eye roll. I replied with, "I know I am, look how flushed your chest is." She sheepishly replied "I didn't think guys paid attention to stuff like that."

slight

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you'll recieve many "no"s. Like ohrein said, it is kind of weak. You should assume you're good looking (without showing off) even if you aren't really.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking someone if the like you or think you are good looking is approval seeking and not masculine behavior. It will not work with most women. It's always best to just be direct with women. "Hey, I saw you walking an noticed you look really nice, and had to meet you.. what's your name?". Then go from there.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will work if you're brad Pitt and girls are moist before you open your mouth. It wouldn't ever do you any favours though.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you trying to achieve here? In my opinion, since most people are polite, you're really not gleaning any useful information. I think asking if they find you attractive is kind of weak, too. You'd be much better served studying body language, in particular lying and signs of attraction. Words are incredibly nebulous.
trying to accomplish with the opener? i just want to see what happens really. my cold approach style is really gimmicky so that i can find it enjoyable

trying to accomplish with this thread? i want to be warned of how this'll go before i accidentally walk into a disaster or something, so you guys are doing a good job so far so i'm not going in blind here :D

I don't think you'll recieve many "no"s. Like ohrein said, it is kind of weak. You should assume you're good looking (without showing off) even if you aren't really.
the idea it was founded on, is that if she says "no" then you know that approaching her will definitely not go well. but if she says "yes" you've got this in the bag

and if she says anything else, then it's just like a normal approach, you don't know anything til you try.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could never be as desperate to use that as a "line"
one thing I have used several times, after an icebreaker, is to ask or say
"I dont think I am handsome, but I am sexy"

so try this:
"do you think/would you say I am more handsome, or more sexy?"

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cold approach idea: what if i walk up to cute girls i see around and just ask them that simple question, something like, "hey you [pause to make sure she's listening] do you think i'm good looking?" or "hey, can i ask you a question? [if she says yes] do you think i'm good looking?" something along these lines.
Even though it is intended to be fun, everything about this approach makes me cringe. It induces awkwardness big time. Beyond that, is it really that far off in frame from approaching a potential ONS and opening her, by asking if she thinks your d1ck is big enough to satisfy her? I know that sound harsh. It's really that cringe worthy to me, to be blunt.

Sure, you could show a woman your size upfront and quite potentially get laid that way. There are just lots of better options to approach with, than approval seeking questions, in my opinion.

Use approaches that keep you in the frame of an already strong, confident and secure MAN. Never be a 'man' seeking validation, even playfully. No matter how subtle, or disguised as play you might think it is, in the long run, 'men' seeking validation, about their looks (or d1ck size) is a turn off to women.

Be a man who determines his own value. Don't engage any woman, as if you are affected by, or even care about, her random opinion of you. Be a solid MAN whose worth and value is unwavering, regardless of her opinion.

Last edited:

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trying to accomplish with the opener? i just want to see what happens really. my cold approach style is really gimmicky so that i can find it enjoyable

trying to accomplish with this thread? i want to be warned of how this'll go before i accidentally walk into a disaster or something, so you guys are doing a good job so far so i'm not going in blind here :D
No, no. Not the thread. We should all be free to ask or discuss anything. You may not always get friendly agreement, but that's the point I suppose.

People put way too much emphasis on opening. Being genuinely confident is far more important than what you say. I think the line "Do you think I'm good looking" delivered with poor confidence is an instant attraction killer. That said, if you delivered it with confidence and followed it up with some humor, it would work. But that's about confidence and humor, not the opener.

I think the PUA mentality is doing more harm than good. I say that as someone who was buried in it for a couple of years. Initially I was getting laid and was convinced this stuff worked. But I didn't really understand why it worked. In retrospect, the only important thing was confidence and not giving a ****. All the other "games" stuff is just a band aid solution to a bigger problem. I valued women more than myself and placed my self worth in my ability to get a woman.

What worked better was keeping the confidence and don't give a **** attitude and ditching the lines and games. I do what is true to me when I want to. I do it with confidence and without apology. This was far more effective. Of course then I went MGTOW.

Anyway, I guess to boil my reply down to something smaller. The line is irrelevant. Testing stuff out is a great learning experience. You should never assume anything you read on here is true until you've tested and observed it yourself. That said, I think it's a waste of time. You should be focusing on your interactions with women paying attention to your confidence and their reactions. I don't like it as a line either because it's approval seeking and reeks of insecurity. You really shouldn't care if some random chick finds you attractive.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could never be as desperate to use that as a "line"
one thing I have used several times, after an icebreaker, is to ask or say
"I dont think I am handsome, but I am sexy"
Haha, I like this. Say "I don't think I'm handsome" ...pause.... look away...sip your drink.... return to eye contact..."but I am ****ing sexy"... *very slight grin*

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is exactly as I have used it Sir.
*follow-up: "so, you need to stay away from me"

in my case, I don't think I am handsome, but I know I am sexy

if you break this tactic down:

1. you make her evaluate you physically (handsome)
2. you make her consider an emotion (sexuality)

by stating you are sexy, you automatically show confidence in yourself, not a physical attribute. You throw the subject of sex out there without directly implying anything sexual toward her. Her reaction tells you everything, even if she does not say a word.

Last edited:

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah works on a few levels. I try not to get that into analysis. I just focus on confidence and humor and that line achieves both so it's great. Not an opening line though. I'm a big believer in either no opening line or an honest one. My favorite opener is "Hey". Always will be. That said, I once opened a chick up with "Do you believe in God?". Ended up in a conversation for an hour with her. (Not a great way to get a girl to sleep with you, by the way, but I was just having fun).

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Winner! Worst possible pick up line.

This is as bad as asking her to rate you on a scale of 1-10. Women don't rate men that way. They rate them pass/fail in terms of looks.

This reminds me of the pilot episode of 8 Simple Rules (2003) when the son pokes fun at his sister and asks (John Ritter) "Dad, do you think I'm pretty?" When the daughter asked it made you want to cry. When the son asked it was hilarious.

Even if a woman is gushing, if a man asks her if he looks good it will destroy her attraction. If a man looks good, the woman will let him know somehow without his asking.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
by stating you are sexy, you automatically show confidence in yourself.
Wrong. Bad. No. What are you going to do, sing "I'm too sexy for my shirt"? You never "state" that you are sexy. It should be implied by the women throwing themselves at you.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Me: hey you [pause] hello
Her: hello
Me: can I ask you a question?
Her: uhh sure I guess
Me: do you think Im good looking? [I think I smiled, mainly because I almost laughed]
Her: [smiles, I don't think it was the laughter kind of smile, just a legit smile] why are you asking me that?
Me: you know, you're not supposed to answer a question with a question
Her: why not?
Me: idk. I just heard that. [Pause] it's impolite
Me: tell you what, I'll answer yours if you answer mine
Her: but I didn't ask you a question
Me: yes you did, "why are you asking me that"
Her: oh... that was rhetorical
Me: oh good so I don't have to answer it, but you still gotta answer mine
Her: [smiles again] I cant, I gotta go home [she turns to walk up to the entrance of a building we were walking past and makes like she's going to open the door] bye
Me: [keeps walking and looks back at her] awwww, you're breaking my heart [i make a heart break hand gesture then turn back around and keep walking, I think she was smiling but I'm not sure]

I think that would've went well if I had more time to talk to her. She was a latina, college age, walking down a street in harlem, I was walking next to her, I thought she was hot but I figure you guys would have higher standards and call her a solid HB7

so... thoughts everyone?
You spent all your time trying to figure out whether you asked the question or she did.

Why would you ask a girl if you are good looking? That's a waste of time. You goal is to SLEEP with her, not to get her opinion on your looks. You should have asked her to go for coffee, 15 min tops, and then move somewhere you can escalate or get her number and escalate next time.

It's like we need our egos fed by anonymous women. Good thing we are raising a generation of James Bond type MEN.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
these responses are making me glad i was too busy watching a season of the vampire diaries to go outside lmao

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That said, I once opened a chick up with "Do you believe in God?". Ended up in a conversation for an hour with her. (Not a great way to get a girl to sleep with you, by the way, but I was just having fun).
i toooootally did something like that once, i opened with "do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior jesus christ?" complete with a mini bible in hand, it was HILARIOUS hahahahahahaha, no wait, i did it like 20 times, and it was really funny 19 of those 20 times(one of the girls was...harsh). i got a bunch of numbers but those unsurprisingly went nowhere, but the important part is that i had great stories to tell my friends and i think that's what cold approaching is really all about

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, guys are still wondering what they can say and what they can't say? Smh. All women notice are your aesthetics. The words escaping your lips while you're talking are of lesser importance.

Channing Tatum: Hey, do you think, I'm good looking?

Woman:
Yeeeessssssss!!! Here's my number! Can I be your girlfriend?

VS.

Average/Below-average guy:
Hey, do you think, I'm good looking?

Woman: Ummm, why are you asking me this question?

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i toooootally did something like that once, i opened with "do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior jesus christ?" complete with a mini bible in hand, it was HILARIOUS hahahahahahaha, no wait, i did it like 20 times, and it was really funny 19 of those 20 times(one of the girls was...harsh). i got a bunch of numbers but those unsurprisingly went nowhere, but the important part is that i had great stories to tell my friends and i think that's what cold approaching is really all about
Hahaha, no, I'm not religious. That's pretty ****ing funny though. No, I was sitting at the bar drinking whiskey and legitimately pondering the old God thing and this beautiful blonde woman orders a drink from right next to me. The bar was pretty empty so I found it odd. While the bartender was getting her drink I asked her if she believed in God and she sat down and had a conversation with me. That's what I mean when I talk about being YOU. It's something that interested me and she was intrigued enough to talk to me for an hour so. In the end she said "I'm not having sex with you tonight." which normally I would take as a challenge but it was getting late and I was tired so I just replied with "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow night then." and left.

At the end of the day, these interactions are great learning experiences you can store in your memory banks to use as reference.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha, no, I'm not religious. That's pretty ****ing funny though. No, I was sitting at the bar drinking whiskey and legitimately pondering the old God thing and this beautiful blonde woman orders a drink from right next to me. The bar was pretty empty so I found it odd. While the bartender was getting her drink I asked her if she believed in God and she sat down and had a conversation with me. That's what I mean when I talk about being YOU. It's something that interested me and she was intrigued enough to talk to me for an hour so. In the end she said "I'm not having sex with you tonight." which normally I would take as a challenge but it was getting late and I was tired so I just replied with "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow night then." and left.

At the end of the day, these interactions are great learning experiences you can store in your memory banks to use as reference.
i would've been like "guess that means you do believe if you're saving yourself for something :p"