Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cogito Ergo Sum

G-Man UK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Shezz.

The point you are making is so true and too much thinking gets you nowhere. It's like when the average Joe 'thinks' about approaching a girl so many things flood into his head that often he is put off making a move by his own 'thoughts'.

There is a saying, 'Actions speak louder than words'
I think this can also be true used on, 'Actions speak louder than thought's'

How about we stop thinking and start acting?

Respect

G-man

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are like a horse, The_Shezzler, with that harnes on his head, can't see left or right, just what is dead in front of him.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
change must come from with in. You got to work on your self first, your attitude toword, life, work, people in your life, money, and other things in your life. Once you start reaizing things, that is when you start physicaly changing. If you are confident, you look confident, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. Telling somebody to jump on the street, who is not ready to jump on the street, is suecide....
Of course, some peple need that extra push to go out to do it.... but they will, once they are ready. Baby steps.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I agree with that. It comes a point in time when a person should do that, They need that extra push to get them out the door. But they also need to know the basics. They need to be somewhat comforatable with what they are about to do (or they might screw it up). THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. I agree, Men need to be men and take back their power. But they need to know where to start......

G-Man UK

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's easy, they start with the DJ Bible, then start building on what they know.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because, we are told it's worng. we are told we need to be sencetive, caring......with a fasion sence... We need to bring flowers and cards to our wemen every day. That we need to get them what ever they wish for..... And so most people go with it. And then there is the few peple who are natural azzholes, and who don't give rats azz what enybody thinks that acctually succede.

The whole point being, our generation is so screwd up (in this country anyway) that we need a detox period before we can move on AS MEN.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, what I was saying is that you'r not seeing the big picture. I still think your not. It's not just "be a man, and get out there" when half of pople don't have clue what a "REALL MAN" is.
why do you think they are posting; "how to be a man"

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I agree, one a person realizes what the (basicly) the game is, he should take his ballz in his hand and "GET OUT THERE AND GET IT DONE." And that attitude is A HUGE part of being a true man. NOTING FEELS BETTER THEN STEPING UP TO THE PLATE AND SUCCEDING

HeartlessBtch

Don Juan
Reaction score
First intellectual post I have read so far... Good points guys. I must say it's nice to read debates like these every now and then.

As I grow to understand life less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.

-Jules Renard

G-Man UK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to step in and split you guy's up for a minute there. :D

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pssst! Shhhh, over here.

It's "I think therefore I am", not "I think that I am a man".

The meaning is far deeper than just "thinking" it signifys that by thinking, we are superior to the "lower" animals.

Otherwise, some interesting concepts.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since when is thinking too much bad? If it is, i'm most definitely guilty of it. I don't watch much TV, instead I read, I write, and I THINK! I like to think that this has made me into a better person. Explain why thinking too much is bad. Ironic of you to quote Descartes when trying to tell people to think LESS. All Descartes did was think. :rolleyes:

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still wonder what is the key to make people actually take action. I'm sure it is obvious to everyone that action needs to be taken in order to find success. Even motivational speakers assert this. But then if it were that easy to just tell people and make them a success, there wouldn't be so many hopeless people in the world. Of all the people that go for seminars and motivational speeches, I am curious to find out how many of them actually apply what they learn and become successful.

Knowing what needs to be done is not the same as doing. And how do you get someone to do it? How do you get someone who has so much fear to just go out and do it? It is fear that is the number one reason why people are not happy with their lives. And overcoming fear isn't easy. It takes time. I know now not to expect people to listen to me and just change for the better. If I truly wanted them to change for the better, I would be be a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So Descartes was a moron? Your post was OK, but saying that Descartes was a moron is ludicrous. You HONESTLY think you have things figured out better than he? C'mon man, that's the most arrogant thing I've ever heard! (for the record, most of the Modern era philosophers were complete pimps. Hume, Descartes, Berkeley, all ladies men. Maybe BECAUSE they were lost in thought.)

To be honest, you didn't say anything in that post that hasn't been posted before. You can word things differently, but there were no new ideas in there. Which is fine. But not original. (So I guess that kind of makes YOU a sheep, right?)

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JonJack
I still wonder what is the key to make people actually take action.
FRIENDS.

For some reason when im around good friends, I GET BALLZZEY. I'm willing to try antything (talk to anybody or say anthing) for good fun.

you do one thing, they do another, get embarased, laugh it all off together, move on and try something alse.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortionetly half of peple on here don't have any friends, and sit behind a computer 10 hours a day (oh wait thats me, :D but im at work tho, speaking of which, i should get back to it.)

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a tremendous amount of inertia to be overcome before any progress can be made.

Part of this interia is fear: fear of failure, fear of success, fear of pain, fear of difficulty, fear of embarassment ... fear of fvcking fear!

People avoid what they're afraid of because they don't like being afraid - fear is painful to the soul the way the object being feared may be painful to the body.

Another part of this inertia is ignorance ... or the problem of how do you miss something you never had?

You can take a virgin and tell him all about how much better sex with a woman is ... but it's just words to him. He's never known anything other than his hand, so how can he feel deprived?

You can take a weakling or a fatass and tell him all about how much better a healthy and fit body is ... but it's just words to him. He's never known anything other than poor health, so how can he feel deprived?

I agree that once a man has better he never goes back, but until that happens ... better might as well be a figment of his imagination.

Finally, people are results-oriented ... at least in the beginning.
It takes time for whatever a person does to transform from a simple effort-reward transaction to a lifestyle or crusade. Until it does, instant gratification, however mild or fleeting, is what a person is after.

Your average gymgoer is there to lose a few pounds and be healthy enough to handle any task that comes his way - getting Arnold to come in and expound on the virtues of pain and the nobility of a life of struggle is wasted on him.

Your average guy wants a girlfriend who will give him good sex and an emotional bond - having Pook post volumes on the glory of manhood and the thrills of sexuality is wasted on him.

Whether or not there's something wrong with these guys for not aiming as high as possible is for another thread. My point is that if the goal is too big or too far in the future, the sense of need will disappear, and take a man's motivation with it.

You can try to get a mule to move by dangling a carrot on a stick in front of his nose. However, if the stick is too long - and the carrot too far away - he'll probably settle for the grass growing at his feet ... and if he's never tasted a carrot before, moving it closer won't help.