Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coffee's Brain-Boosting Effect Goes Beyond Caffeine

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
We've all (I hope) heard of nootropics; when I was shredded with an almost 8-pack I did 3-4 shots of espresso every morning before lifting.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(channeling my inner Eli77) what are the new tropics Pierce does that related to global warming ?

I like coffee. Who here likes coffee ?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely notice a big difference between caffeine/energy drinks and coffee. Tons of weird alkaloids in it, I know coffee also causes mild MAO inhibition as well which may be be contributing a lot to the mood/energy enhancement.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee regular here, although I must reset periodically if I am drinking too much (which feels like flu for 2-3 days)….so no more quad expresso lattes for me.

Boosts mood & alertness. Tea is also good, but different. The various differing photochemicals account for this in my estimation.

I do not drink Monster or similar energy drinks. The sweeters are often carcinogenic non-plant chemicals and they taste awful to my palate.

Stevia is fine, it is a member of the mint family and is not artificial, but it can be an acquired taste.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
We've all (I hope) heard of nootropics; when I was shredded with an almost 8-pack I did 3-4 shots of espresso every morning before lifting.

It's also one of the most liver protecting substances found.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Actually, Stevia, causes the same insulin resistant effects as chemical sweeteners.

Coffee regular here, although I must reset periodically if I am drinking too much (which feels like flu for 2-3 days)….so no more quad expresso lattes for me.

Boosts mood & alertness. Tea is also good, but different. The various differing photochemicals account for this in my estimation.

I do not drink Monster or similar energy drinks. The sweeters are often carcinogenic non-plant chemicals and they taste awful to my palate.

Stevia is fine, it is a member of the mint family and is not artificial, but it can be an acquired taste.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Coffee is in fact BS. Everyone who already found what I call the redpill key for nutrition will see that coffees boosting of energy and alertness wont work, because you can already maximize your bodys potential without that BS. Coffee does more harm than good
Yeah, I'll go with peer-reviewed science, thanks.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Coffee is in fact BS. Everyone who already found what I call the redpill key for nutrition will see that coffees boosting of energy and alertness wont work, because you can already maximize your bodys potential without that BS. Coffee does more harm than good
To your liver? Doubtful. It's been found to be extremely liver protective. Believed to be from it's high levels of chlorogenic acid and other anti-oxidants. The body also produces a substance called paraxanthine as it processes caffeine which has been shown to significantly lower your chances of getting cirrhosis, liver cancer, fatty liver disease and hepatitis C.

I think you actually need to start reading legitimate medical journals and peer reviewed studies rather than wherever you are getting your information from. It makes you look like a buffoon.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll go with peer-reviewed science, thanks.

It would be so much easier if random psuedo science nonsense was scrubbed from the internet so people couldn't use it to back their claims.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nope. It isnt good for your liver either, the study is biased. Removing coffee from your diet will improve your overall health more then having it in your diet
It isn't one study it's many many studies. Get real dude. Go run your baseless claims somewhere else I am not listening. My Mom was in medical research for 50+ years, I literally grew up reading study after study in journals when I would spend time at her workplace after school or in the summer since there was nothing else to do and they had them all over the place.

Probably have read 10,000+ studies over the years on all kinds of things and talked with numerous scientists who has published articles in medical journals who my Mom worked with and who also had multiple published studies. I am pretty confident I know what constitutes a legitimate study far better than you do.

Just for the record.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

When newer studies adjusted for such factors, they found a possible association between coffee and decreased mortality. Coffee may offer some protection against:
  • Parkinson's disease
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Liver disease, including liver cancer
  • Heart attack and stroke
IMG_5240.gif

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Hahaha, oh lord this just gets better. Clearly, there’s an international coffee Cabal that must be funding all this false research.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, if you overdo coffee it can have the opposite effect if you develop adrenal fatigue/HPA axis dysfunction. You'll get brain fog until you get jacked up enough to get going.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If thats the case, then you should know that the amount of studies conducted about a particular "fixed idea" arent physically meaningful and actually dont always correlate or guarantee the results that are presented. There are so many studies out there not even scientist really know how to read or know how to avoid biases as much as possible.
Sorry to say that but you openly depicted you as a fraud by that statement and lost all my respect.
Im working with many Scientist along with Institutions like Harvard, Yale, TUM, TUD. and lead a successful nutrition company you will ever dream about, so I really dont care about your claims

You even thought that Naked and afraid is real lol, but didnt even realize that those are paid actors.
You cant manipulate me like you get manipulated by so many meaningless things, Im not the guy you will ever have the chance to do that with me.

Second, white rice is still healthier then brown rice, get it in your head
I wouldn't buy a thing from your company selling whatever nonsense du jour you come up with that morning.

I see you subscribe to a lot of the same type of conspiracy theory nonsense but widen it to include all areas instead of limited scope.

And I don't eat brown rice so go take your song and dance routine to someone else about that. Brown rice protein as a partial substitute for whey, but only basmati rice.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If thats the case, then you should know that the amount of studies conducted about a particular "fixed idea" arent physically meaningful and actually dont always correlate or guarantee the results that are presented. There are so many studies out there not even scientist really know how to read or know how to avoid biases as much as possible.
Sorry to say that but you openly depicted you as a fraud by that statement and lost all my respect.
Im working with many Scientist along with Institutions like Harvard, Yale, TUM, TUD. and lead a successful nutrition company you will ever dream about, so I really dont care about your claims

You even thought that Naked and afraid is real lol, but didnt even realize that those are paid actors.
You cant manipulate me like you get manipulated by so many meaningless things, Im not the guy you will ever have the chance to do that with me.

Second, white rice is still healthier then brown rice, get it in your head
And since you want to toss around Harvard scientists then you should definitely pay attention to the conclusions by Harvard scientists based on their review of 26 studies done on coffee and appearing on their site.

But I am sure that's crap too according to you for some other reason.
Must be a fake site right?
Some hackers put that article up?
Those scientists don't know how to spot a valid study either?

Some other nonsensical excuse from you with no basis in reality?

You sound ridiculous.

Last edited:

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Coffee is my only real "vice" if i can even call it that. It's great. does me right.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's not everyone's "cup of tea" but Coffee is rich in antioxidants. Has more than many of the popular forms of tea and cocoa that people drink. As an Italian boi it was part of my social life for a long time and I drank my weight in espresso. Now adays because I cherish the quality of my sleep I just have one daily cup right when I wake up. I find it gives me a nice lift for my workout before I have to go off to work in a few hours.