Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Coffee is for Closers"

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Coffee is for Closers"

One of my favorite movies "Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross" contains this line. If you haven't seen this film, this line is said by Alec Baldwin. He's the hard-ass who is brought in to shape up some salesmen who work for this sleazy, cut-throat company. He tells Jack Lemmon that he can't drink the company- coffee because he isn't closing the deal.

You can apply this to your DJ skills.

If you set a goal, such as getting a number tonight, and achieve it, reward yourself. The reward can be something small, coffee, or something big, like a breast-shot of Halle Berry. Yum! Most importantly, it should be something that makes you happy.

However, if you don't achieve your goals, pick something that you want, or would like to do, and keep from doing it. You want to make not achieving your goals as uncomfortable as possible.

Hold yourself to this.

When you reward yourself for good behavior, and discipline yourself for bad behavior, you program yourself to get what you want.

lc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure this tip is new to me-though it's hard to be new at anything since all things have probably been done....

however you had the good taste to mention
Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Anyone who ever wants to see what a jerk is like, ck out Alec Baldwin in his
Coffee Speech from back in the day.

If you only believe in yourself HALF as much as he does while giving the speech, then YOU WILL become a great dj.

lc

"the leads are weak? YOu're weak. I can go out tonight with the information you have & make myself xxx dollars..."

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"you see this watch, this watch cost more than your car."

"I made 900 thousand dollars last year, how about you ? "

" FVCK YOU !!! That's my name!! "

"It takes brass balls to sell real estate."

Alec Baldwin's best performance on film.. no doubt.. God, that's a fvcking great flick!!

Turner Ohvur

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmm. This method would mean you kinda care too much. In my opinion it's not very DJish to care so much as to punish or reward yourself. I find myself with the most confidence when I put as little pressure on myself as possible. When I go out, I don't worry about chicks, I have fun, and if I see something I like, I pounce. At least for me, the trick is never to care too much

BasicInstinct

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This method is mainly geared towards newbies. I actually think a reward/punishment system is the best way to motivate yourself when you first start out. After you become more experienced, you won't need to rely on this as much. Not caring becomes second nature after a while.

------------------
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

It's not safe to hope for the best, without preparing for the worst.