Clumsy Flirting Attempt by Female Cashier?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought some gloves at a store. Anyhow here’s the backstory: came in and two hot girls were standing there, I walked past and the hottest said “Good Morning” and I looked towards her but didn’t make eye contact, said a half assed “morning” and kept waking to get my gloves.

when I got to the cashier, she was the other girl (still a solid 7, and young like maybe 21) anyhow she said “Getting gloves ready for the day?”

I chuckled inwardly because it was so bad. Like, “guy trying to talk to woman for first time” level of bad. Anyhow, thought I’d share

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the classic "male customer, female employee" interaction. Men commonly hit on female employees and rarely get any meaningful results from it. This is most commonly seen with men hitting on coffee shop baristas, bartenders, regular waitresses, breastaurant workers, and strippers, though this can happen with any female employee working with the general public.

If a man wants to date a woman who works in a job that interacts with the general public, he has the best odds if he meets her outside of her place of employment. The problem is that many guys working white collar office jobs don't typically meet baristas, department store workers, breastaurant workers, and strippers in their leisure time. The last sentence is also often true for men working Mon-Fri blue collar, manual labor jobs too.

Billtx49

Reaction score
the hottest said “Good Morning” and I looked towards her but didn’t make eye contact, said a half assed “morning” and kept waking

she said “Getting gloves ready for the day?”

I chuckled inwardly because it was so bad.
This is my take on what you shared with us here:

Minimal attempt at positive returned communication.

The other girl initiates more communication.

No positive returned communication again.

My #1 Rule learned early in life - Girls get friendlier when a man actually looks at and talks to them …

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don’t have game & they don’t need it. And they know that. Very few of the approaches women used on me would be considered creative. ‘Hi’. ‘Nice pants’. ‘what are you reading’. ‘what time do you have?’. ‘Do you want to hang out with me & my friends?’ I like your eyes.’…. One line I found amusing was: ‘I’m invading your space.’.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don’t have game & they don’t need it. And they know that. Very few of the approaches women used on me would be considered creative. ‘Hi’. ‘Nice pants’. ‘what are you reading’. ‘what time do you have?’. ‘Do you want to hang out with me & my friends?’ I like your eyes.’…. One line I found amusing was: ‘I’m invading your space.’.
Yeah my rule is to never date nor try to pick up employees.
@Billtx49

Billtx49

Reaction score
This just seems like smalltalk from anyone who has ever worked in service/retail. This is nothing
Yes, that’s basically the deal here, I don’t think it was a cashier flirt attempt at all, an important item to personally in the moment know and recognize.…
When someone anywhere talks to me, I usually give them the respect of a good reply. Sometimes I get into a real conversation with them and make a friend …
Life can get very interesting if we’re open to it…

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, that’s basically the deal here, I don’t think it was a cashier flirt attempt at all, an important item to personally know and recognize.…
When someone anywhere talks to me, I usually give them the respect of a good reply. Sometimes I get into a real conversation with them …
Life can be interesting
Agree, I worked in service and I teach so I spend my days constantly interacting and my social skills improved immensely once I was just open and receptive to people. By doing this process it has led to genuine connections and interesting conversations. That and having social tact to understand nuance.

A year or two ago I went to DSW to buy some work boots. I had a coupon that was a substantial discount. While I was checking out I small talked the cashier just for the sake of conversation. At the end of our chat we found out my coupon was void, but our conversation moved into a 'flirtatious' vibe and she then scanned some random coupons and gave me a massive discount. I smiled and then asked for her number to which she obliged.

Just saying hello in it of itself means little to nothing, but how you interact and speak with that person can lead to something more substantial.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true and it took me a long time to understand oftentimes women aren’t going to be smooth with it when they’re flirting.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Newsflash: NO ONE IS FLIRTING WITH YOU.. It's all in your head.

People making small talk is definitely not flirting. It's them trying to engage with customers while chitchating with each other to make it seem like they're being productive.

Girls make it very clear when they are flirting with you... This, however, is not a flirt in any way shape or form. I really don't even know your logic here.. is just strange ..

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newsflash: NO ONE IS FLIRTING WITH YOU.. It's all in your head.

People making small talk is definitely not flirting. It's them trying to engage with customers while chitchating with each other to make it seem like they're being productive.
You’re wrong. And if you fix that mind set you might get laid more ;)

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
You’re wrong. And if you fix that mind set you might get laid more ;)
lol You really don't know who you're talking to but that's okay. This post tells me you haven't had many girls flirt with you in life.. This is not how women flirt, at all. But if this is what you need to keep your self esteem going, Idk man.. sometimes blissful ignorance is what keeps people mentally afloat.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol You really don't know who you're talking to but that's okay. This post tells me you haven't had many girls flirt with you in life.. This is not how women flirt, at all. But if this is what you need to keep your self esteem going, Idk man.. sometimes blissful ignorance is what keeps people mentally afloat.
Takes one to know one homie ;)

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the behavior of the girls in OPs original post is pretty common. Not unusual. At the very least, OP is viewed as pleasant and non-creepy by the clerks.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the behavior of the girls in OPs original post is pretty common. Not unusual. At the very least, OP is viewed as pleasant and non-creepy by the clerks.
Lets give OP a break here. He had a girl seemingly flirting with him, feels good and wants to share that. That's oke..

Welcome to the club @SargeMaximus ! The better you'll get at game the more this will happen, untill you won't even think about sharing it; women flirting with you just becomes a common thing...

I agree. Like Patrice O'neal used to say; women have no filter. It goes from brain to mouth and just spills out of it.

Men on the other hand, will think about it. Process it in all parts of the brain. Send it to the heart. After the heart feels like "that's oke" its send to the gut. After a final check up by the soul it send back to the mouth and only THEN men say it.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
I’ve had cashiers call me Honey and Dear before. Was it flirting? No
The reality is it was only how they viewed their job and customers.
Will that be all honey ? It’s tempting for a suggestive reply, but it’s usually not a flirt coming from a female cashier at work…
Besides, store management would frown on a public display…

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve had cashiers call me Honey and Dear before. Was it flirting? No
The reality is it was only how they viewed their job and customers.
Will that be all honey ? It’s tempting for a suggestive reply, but it’s usually not a flirt coming from a female cashier at work…
This was different. She was trying to engage, not using a standard line