Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

clothes?

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing your leathers in the summer? That's a questionable move, depending on where you live. If you live in a hot area (like me; Oklahoma summers are murderous) hell no. You'll overheat and die in an hour. If you have cool weather too, go for it. It's all about if you're comfortable. Personally, I think wearing a leather jacket when out on a cool summer evening would work pretty well.

Of course, if you ride a motorcycle, you're automatically authorized to wear leather at all times and in all places.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
www.bluefly.com should be your friend with clothes. I got a couple of shirts from them and I'm going to get some more before I head to college. Stylish clothes for a good discount.

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Windwork and everyone else who wants to improve their look, listen to me...

I was in your EXACT position a couple months ago. I started off looking for a new watch, then colonges, then shoes, then I just went ALL OUT recently and build up a completely new wardrobe($1000-$1500 spent).

If you want to get a better idea of what looks good on you, what colors work well together, what styles are good, etc.. What you need to do is go out shopping and try on as many different items of clothing as possible. Go to new stores you've never considered even entering before, try stuff you would normally never consider wearing and ask for the sales people's opinions!(This is important). Being inexperienced with what looks good and what doesn't, you're going to want to seek the opinion of as many sales associates, even customers, as you try on different things. This is especially important if you're trying on something you're not used to wearing. Ask the sales associates what they think would look good on you. Ask them stuff like "What would look good with this shirt/these pants?".. "Does this color go with that color?", "What colors work well with each other?", "What kind of belt would look good with this?" etc... Seek out opinions like a mad man. After doing this enough, in many stores, in many malls, you will eventually "get it"(good sense of style).

One of the styles that I find works extremely well is dressing GQ(button down shirt, designer jeans, sneakers/loafers, pendant, watch, belt).

When looking for a pendant, you may need to search through some women's stores as well. I found a couple of mine at Le Chateau(Canadian store, mostly for women).

As for the dress shirt, you MUST make sure it is form fitting and isn't too long in length. Getting this right is key to looking good. Especially the length part, most guys wear shirts which are too long for them. You also of course need a good body. Assuming you have that, find a dress shirt which is tapered and is not baggy through the length of the arms. When putting it on, you want to leave the top button(or 2) unbuttoned, and the bottom button unbuttoned(so your belt shows when hand/s are in pockets).

Assuming you found a shirt which fits well along the length of your arm, you can now roll up your sleves in some fashionable ways. One way is just to unbutton the front of the sleves and flip the cuffs back once. If its tight around your forearm, you'll only need to do this once. If its not tight, you can pull it up a little more(after its been flipped), and use the excess material at the front to roll overtop the cuffs(you can control cuff flare-out this way too). If the dress shirt fits well around your arms, the cuffs will flare out nicely, if the dress shirt is too baggy for you, you will end up looking stupid. Another way which is somewhat unique is to flip the cuff, then pull it all the way up your arm until the excess material below your cuff ends around your elbow. At this point, you roll that excess material over the cuff once or twice and adjust how the cuff flares out. You can even try bending the outer tips of the cuffs downwards. This will give you a unique short sleeved look.

For the pants, you're going to want to go for boot-cut jeans, girls love them. They come up high around the crotch, narrow around the mid leg, and flare out a bit at the bottom which also covers up laces well on sneakers. Here's an example of what kind of jeans I'm talking about:

http://www.le-chateau.com/products/index.asp?navLev=3&gen=2&NavId=24

There are also jeans which have a mesh like fade to them which look a bit better than these.

Add to this a nice pair of loafers:
ex: http://www.walking-shoes.com/mm556.html
-Rockport Timor
or sneakers: (there are some nice sleek italian ones out there)

For the colder seasons, you will of course need to add a leather jacket to this. In the summer you can wear the jacket some nights, or right after it's rained. You're going to want a unique leather jacket. It's hard to find anything but the typical leather jackets you see year after year, so this part may not be easy. I found myself a nice biker jacket that looks like Vin Diesel's in Fast and the Furious...

Then add a watch, a ring/s, some shades and you're set!

It's like a whole new world when you're in good shape and VERY well dressed. Girls will be checking you out constantly, I mean, CONSTANTLY! You walk into a room, you'll notice the girls there look at you with the wide eyes, and for just a bit too long. Walking down hallways, you'll see the same thing, if not, quick glances(looking down when you turn to them). When it happens this much, you come to expect it all the time. It also helps if you've got an attractive face, but I think if you even had an average face you'd see pretty much the same results. Girls will be wide eyed and smiling at you when you decide to talk to them, without having even done anything. You'll notice some of the girls won't even look you in the eyes when you talk to them because they're so nervous in your presence(this is even moreso the case if you talk in a deep confident voice, which if you don't have already you'll aquire through this site).

To Windwork and anyone else serious about improving their image, good luck... It's not fair, but people judge you based on the way you look. If you do it right(buy the right kind of clothes), the change in the way people react to you(not only girls) and the way you feel about yourself will be your fuel that will motivate you to look the best you possibly can.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got an idea genious. how about you post a picture of yourself and tell us your age, DUH!!! Were not psychics. then I will go from there....yawn....

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
I've got an idea genious. how about you post a picture of yourself and tell us your age, DUH!!! Were not psychics. then I will go from there....yawn....
you seem like you dont know how to help.

the post above yrs was much better than yrs will ever be.

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikeman!
To Windwork and anyone else serious about improving their image, good luck... It's not fair, but people judge you based on the way you look. If you do it right(buy the right kind of clothes), the change in the way people react to you(not only girls) and the way you feel about yourself will be your fuel that will motivate you to look the best you possibly can.
thanks a lot, i really enjoyed reading yr post. possibly the best and most thoughtful thorough post ive ever read on clothing.
thanks a lot.
you helped, beyond my expectations.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is for all those guys who next a HB just because she didn't have high IL in him or he didn't continue to stay friends with her because he'd already slept with her.

This is why fellas need to have social proof girlfriends.

Women have a keen eye for fashion and, in a heartbeat, would love to help you pick out clothes and build your style. Ask a HB you know if she'd take some time to hit up the mall in your area to help build your style. I've done this and have been amazed at the wardrobe that was put together for me from female friends. They put stuff together I would never dream of buying, yet, I'm always complimented when I go out.

Also, don't forget the accessories: watch, headgear, sunglasses, earrings, cologne...

take women's advice...after all, it's women you're trying to sleep with right?

HQ

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by windwork
thanks a lot, i really enjoyed reading yr post. possibly the best and most thoughtful thorough post ive ever read on clothing.
thanks a lot.
you helped, beyond my expectations.
No problem man, glad I could be of help with what I've recently learned...

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-
This is for all those guys who next a HB just because she didn't have high IL in him or he didn't continue to stay friends with her because he'd already slept with her.

This is why fellas need to have social proof girlfriends.

Women have a keen eye for fashion and, in a heartbeat, would love to help you pick out clothes and build your style. Ask a HB you know if she'd take some time to hit up the mall in your area to help build your style. I've done this and have been amazed at the wardrobe that was put together for me from female friends. They put stuff together I would never dream of buying, yet, I'm always complimented when I go out.

Also, don't forget the accessories: watch, headgear, sunglasses, earrings, cologne...

take women's advice...after all, it's women you're trying to sleep with right?

HQ
this is really good advice.
thanks a lot

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikeman!
No problem man, glad I could be of help with what I've recently learned...
thanks a lot : )
now i just need to know something more about color combinations and will be making a new thread on taht.

TurtleShell

Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt it more important to stand out?

as long as you look neat and conifident i think you can wear anything. i usually wear tappered black jeans, with paisly shirts, beatle boots, duffle coat, long hair etc.

im a young man. i should be allowed to wear what ever i damn well please. no chick has ever complained. it seems to be how i get noticed.

people with real style dont need to follow fashion. why wear what some poof dictates you should wear? rock stars and movie stars wear all kinds of strange things and they get heaps of chicks. just act like a rock star. dress up, have fun. dress like who you want to be.

the way you dress probably means you will get a chick who dressess similarly. i seem to mostly get punky looking chicks though.

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
a pair of jeans and black loafers, do you guys get compliments dressing like that?

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh one more thing, what colors do you use the most with shirts, tees, etc? me is grey, black and white. Im thin, maybe i should use other colors right?