Clothes

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clothes matter. Initial perception is based on what you look like.

If you don't get regular compliments on your attire, you're right it doesn't matter. But if you do, well then you know what I'm talking about. Make sense?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That looked like a tortoiseshell cat, maybe I was wrong?
Hi Zecko,
Looks like a Black Cat to me,were dear old Amsterdam born a bit earlier he would have been burnt at the stake as a Warlock.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with that girl.

Good clothes don’t really raise your looks/attraction rating. At best, they “hold the line” and prevent the guy from losing points due to bad fashion/fit.

So, good fashion and fit is worth it, but it’s not a silver bullet.
Sorry, but this is wrong.

Clothes really make a difference in dating. Mark Zuckerberg recently upgraded his style, and he went from "robot alien" to "****boy" immediately.

So yes: clothes matter for looksmaxxing. But out of just pure physical looks, the project a vibe that can set your entire frame for women. Do you look like a nerd? You'll be viewed and treated as one. Do you look like a bad boy? You'll be viewed and treated as one. Do you look adventurous and interesting? same thing...

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That looked like a tortoiseshell cat, maybe I was wrong?
Klook is a Maine Coon (I call him a Main Cool, because he's indifferent to other people)
The area around his right eye was trimmed because he needed eyelid surgery after chasing another tomcat from my garden. His fur is black with reddish-brown. So maybe that's why you think he's 'calico' or 'tortoise'.

Klook Excalibur front by Kaysi Straw.jpeg
were dear old Amsterdam born a bit earlier he would have been burnt at the stake as a Warlock.
I would probably be revered as a veterinarian. Or a pirate with a ship's cat.
Martyn Klook Mood Indigo hoodie denzel maple.jpeg

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
idk, I try dressing up nice but its not the clothes that make me stand out. I might be an outlier here.

I posted a picture of a watch that I wear on occasion, and I have gotten a few compliments on that specifically - but it's also like a $350 watch too so its to be expected.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is wrong.

Clothes really make a difference in dating. Mark Zuckerberg recently upgraded his style, and he went from "robot alien" to "****boy" immediately.

So yes: clothes matter for looksmaxxing. But out of just pure physical looks, the project a vibe that can set your entire frame for women. Do you look like a nerd? You'll be viewed and treated as one. Do you look like a bad boy? You'll be viewed and treated as one. Do you look adventurous and interesting? same thing...
I totally agree with Rizz on this.

People get identified by their wardrobe. Why else do we talk about white collar and blue collar workers? The way you dress is a statement in itself.

I observed that I'm considered more attractive now when I dress how I like versus my former career where I wore clothes to blend into the background. Women notice me more, come up to me, and compliment me on my style. That didn't happen before I retired.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
idk, I try dressing up nice but its not the clothes that make me stand out. I might be an outlier here.
Before I retired, I dressed in muted colour suits to blend in with my clientele or just fade into the background as just another white collar worker. So those clothes didn't make me stand out (but they were not supposed to).

My post-retirement wardrobe is much more colourful and fits my personality better, and it's a statement in itself that I get complimented on, so my clothes definitely make me stand out. And get noticed by women.

Last edited:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before I retired, I dressed in muted colour suits to blend in with my clientele or just fade into the background as just another white collar worker. So those clothes didn't make me stand out (but they were not supposed to).

My post-retirement wardrobe is much more colourful and fits my personality better, and it's a statement in itself that I get complimented on, so my clothes definitely make me stand out. And get noticed by women.
I guess I meant that my clothes don't stand out as much as the way they fit me, because there aren't a ton of dudes built like me around.

That said, I have never worn a single outfit that has as many accessories or layers as yours do; while your attire looks great on you - I think it would look silly on me. You do have a rather eccentric personality that works very much to your favor :)

I'm not entirely sure how a 'bodybuilder' would dress attractively, tbh.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That said, I have never worn a single outfit that has as many accessories or layers as yours do; while your attire looks great on you - I think it would look silly on me. You do have a rather eccentric personality that works very much to your favor :)
I wear clothes that fits my personality and vibe (which is probably why I get complimented on my style), but I wouldn't dress other people in my style. I do see other people's styles that would look weird/silly on me because their clothes wouldn't suit my vibe/personality.

I think that people have to figure out what style suits them best, but once you have a style that fits, you will stand out from all those in generic outfits.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what's better than clothes? Having a jacked body that makes every clothes you wear stand out. Like a girl with a nice body, she wears something cheap and due to her figure makes her hot.

Same for men, if you're jacked, any type of clothes your wear will make you stand out

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're jacked, any type of clothes your wear will make you stand out
Yes, but some of us don't want to only be known as a meat head.

For some of us, the automatic assumption is that the only things I know are Protein, Lift, Steroids. Admittedly, I know a lot about all of those, but that attracts only a certain clientele and id rather be known for other things alongside that.

I look like I Lift in everything I wear. Some chick's only care about the muscles, and those chick's will immediately move on to the next guy with muscles and abs because there's always someone bigger.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but some of us don't want to only be known as a meat head.

For some of us, the automatic assumption is that the only things I know are Protein, Lift, Steroids. Admittedly, I know a lot about all of those, but that attracts only a certain clientele and id rather be known for other things alongside that.

I look like I Lift in everything I wear. Some chick's only care about the muscles, and those chick's will immediately move on to the next guy with muscles and abs because there's always someone bigger.
I make good money, eventually it will be known to a girl, in the beginning I want to be desired for my physique, not for the money I bring

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, clothes, style, dress and deportment become more important with age. Yes, you need to be in shape as well, but frankly you're not going to be as jacked in your 50s as in your 20s or 30s (unless, of course, you want to kill yourself on gear).

So, to me, a combination of being in shape alongside clean, well-fitting clothes, with a little bit of style and flair can help give you the edge.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what's better than clothes? Having a jacked body that makes every clothes you wear stand out. Like a girl with a nice body, she wears something cheap and due to her figure makes her hot.

Same for men, if you're jacked, any type of clothes your wear will make you stand out
Most jacked guys look good in a fitted t-shirt and other casual clothes, but that bulky bodybuilder look often doesn't translate so well into formal wear - suits, ties, blazers, etc. A slimmer, more athletic look tends to look better then.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most jacked guys look good in a fitted t-shirt and other casual clothes, but that bulky bodybuilder look often doesn't translate so well into formal wear - suits, ties, blazers, etc. A slimmer, more athletic look tends to look better then.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure women will run away from jacked guys like the rock saying "ohhh noooo he looks so bad in a suit, I prefer slimmer guys in suits" Stop the excuses, go lift and make some muscles.

Attachments

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure women will run away from jacked guys like the rock saying "ohhh noooo he looks so bad in a suit, I prefer slimmer guys in suits" Stop the excuses, go lift and make some muscles.
Why do you think male models tend to be slim and trim and not bulky jacked guys? (you don't need to answer, it's a rhetorical question).

I do lift BTW, my aim isn't to be big and bulky though, it's not a good look at my age. Nor is it healthy. Some years ago, however, I was somewhat larger than you are now. What you'll find though, is that your perspective on life will change as you mature. Or it should do.