Clothes

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a girl from UK coming to stay with me for a few days. I hate doing it but I went to buy new clothes today. The men’s section was on the 3rd floor, climbed up 3 sets of stairs. There was a good looking young Mexican girl there ready to help. It was in the morning so no one else there In the men’s section except another Chinese girl who was working too.

Now I picked up items with Mexican girls help, made her laugh a lot, The Chinese girl working there was over hearing us and laughing too, Near the end, I told the Mexican girl “I got a girl coming to stay with me from overseas so I thought I get some new stuff, but really do clothes matter? I mean, if the guy is not tall, does the girl really care about his clothes?” She said “No she doesn’t. You are right.” Now granted this girl was going to get commission from my purchase, so she was taking a risk by agreeing with me.

Now I don’t this one girl to represent what all women think, but it was interesting to hear her say that.

——-

Thoughts?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BadBoy,
While I have never met an American Lady in this Country,I have met several English Girls....They all dressed really well,a good indication that they are fussy,that goes for shoes too....And dress does matter,one of my dancing friends turned up in a Tuxedo and bow tie to a venue,rumour had it that he had started a job as waiter,at a swank Restaurant,he certainly received unaccustomed attention from the Ladies.

Last edited:

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with that girl.

Good clothes don’t really raise your looks/attraction rating. At best, they “hold the line” and prevent the guy from losing points due to bad fashion/fit.

So, good fashion and fit is worth it, but it’s not a silver bullet.
yep. It's probably under the same umbrella as 'game' - e.g if you're not her type it's not gonna help. And the bar is basically don't be extremely boring and weird. If she thinks you're hot, then you already have enough 'game' and if she doesn't think you're hot, there's not enough 'game' in the world lol

So with clothes it's the same. If she is attracted to you, unless you are dressed like edward scissorhands, it's not really a big deal. And if you are NOT her type (too old, ugly, fat, whatever) then the best fashion on earth isn't gonna cut any ice

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good clothes don’t really raise your looks/attraction rating. At best, they “hold the line” and prevent the guy from losing points due to bad fashion/fit.

So, good fashion and fit is worth it, but it’s not a silver bullet.
with clothes it's the same. If she is attracted to you, unless you are dressed like edward scissorhands, it's not really a big deal. And if you are NOT her type (too old, ugly, fat, whatever) then the best fashion on earth isn't gonna cut any ice
Good clothes and a good sense of fashion won't matter too much with SMV. It's possible to lose points on bad fashion/fit but rarely would anyone gain meaningful points on fashion/fit of clothes.

In terms of looks, height and physique matter most.

The next tier for looks would be facial aesthetics, balding, and penis size.

After those two tiers, clothes then become relevant. Apparel fashion/fit is around the same tier as a haircut. I think a haircut/hair style is more important because it is a close offshoot of the balding variable above.

It's probably under the same umbrella as 'game' - e.g if you're not her type it's not gonna help. And the bar is basically don't be extremely boring and weird.
You are using 'game' here about the personality aspects of 'game'. Game is the total sum of looks, money, status, and personality. I've perceived personality to be the least important of the four factors.

If she thinks you're hot, then you already have enough 'game' and if she doesn't think you're hot, there's not enough 'game' in the world
This is applicable to one of the best seducers I have known in my lifetime. He is a 6'4" White male. He's now married with a child. When I observed part of his seduction prime in the early to mid 2010s, I was unimpressed with his verbal game. His verbal game ('personality') was mediocre at best. He had looks, a good physique, and knew which women were his target market. This is how he put up a triple digit notch count.

He didn't do it on personality or clothing.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
In MDJ’s favorite video clip from the movie Whatever, Raphael tried to fashion-max. He had a suit, stylish tie and stylish eyeglass frames. But due to his lack of looks (and probably age), he had zero chance in that club and was completely ignored by everyone except his buddy.

Last edited:

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are using 'game' here about the personality aspects of 'game'. Game is the total sum of looks, money, status, and personality
Indeed I am.
It will always have that definition in my eyes. I don't think i've ever heard it otherwise
I mean to me, it's silly to call looks and money, 'game'.
Imagine some young guy who looks like a male model who is also a trust fund baby and has legit F-U money.
But he's also kinda shy and awkward and has zero charisma.
Now, that guy is STILL gonna be banging ridiculously hot 18 year olds at the drop of a hat. I had a wing like that (very good looks, no personality). And it sounds like your mate was in a similar boat.

I just find it weird that I could then say 'man, that guy has some serious game!!!'. When we're talking about a guy with no personality kinda thing.

And of course there could be an older guy. He's 60! He is really funny and quick witted. Knows how to push peoples buttons and get them talking. Is a bit cheeky ett etc. BUT he's absolutely INVISIBLE to the hot teenagers in the club. His 'game' is irrelevant. There's nothing he could say to make him suddenly 'hot sexy and attractive' in her eyes. Just not her 'type'. He's just not a sexual option for her. He isn't on her radar. Yet i'd say he has 'game'

personality to be the least important of the four factors
Yes. I'd agree with you for sure (as basically said above. You need your 'foot in the door' so to speak, and so naturally 'game'/personality is the least important
(although personally i'd put face first. That's more or less based on my experience in my own life and with various wings. The handsome guys just clean up!)

A lot of is is just semantics, though.

Like I think I saw you call some guy on here an excellent 'seducer' despite the fact he's admitted he got laid due to his looks and nothing else. I can see why you'd call that 'seduction' but it just seems 'off' to me in terms of definition

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I told the Mexican girl “I got a girl coming to stay with me from overseas so
Why did you tell her that? Just flexing? Sounds like you want to increase your SMV, but these statements in general do the opposite, because if you're really that type that has women coming over a lot, you don't talk about it.

if the guy is not tall, does the girl really care about his clothes
Again, why did you ask her that? Why display insecurity about your attractiveness? Why point out your frustration? None of that will arouse her. Even if you're not trying to seduce her, why put your self esteem on display like that?

With regards to the question, I'd say, "Clothes do make the man", but the clothes / style has to be congruent with your personality.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a girl from UK coming to stay with me for a few days. I hate doing it but I went to buy new clothes today. The men’s section was on the 3rd floor, climbed up 3 sets of stairs. There was a good looking young Mexican girl there ready to help. It was in the morning so no one else there In the men’s section except another Chinese girl who was working too.

Now I picked up items with Mexican girls help, made her laugh a lot, The Chinese girl working there was over hearing us and laughing too, Near the end, I told the Mexican girl “I got a girl coming to stay with me from overseas so I thought I get some new stuff, but really do clothes matter? I mean, if the guy is not tall, does the girl really care about his clothes?” She said “No she doesn’t. You are right.” Now granted this girl was going to get commission from my purchase, so she was taking a risk by agreeing with me.

Now I don’t this one girl to represent what all women think, but it was interesting to hear her say that.

Thoughts?
I’m not tall by any means. But I get complimented in clothes. Even so-so clothes.

A few examples:
I walked into a coffee shop wearing camo pants. A girl sitting at a table looked at me and said: ‘I like your pants.’

I walked into a cafe one morning dressed in grey sweats. The cashiers gave me a smile & said. ‘Oh. I digging the sweats.’

And here was a Tinder match who liked the photo of me in a suit.

So. Being tall isn’t necessary. Helpful. Of course. But not necessary. .

1715700427656.jpeg

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Near the end, I told the Mexican girl “I got a girl coming to stay with me from overseas so I thought I get some new stuff, but really do clothes matter? I mean, if the guy is not tall, does the girl really care about his clothes?” She said “No she doesn’t. You are right.” Now granted this girl was going to get commission from my purchase, so she was taking a risk by agreeing with me.
I disagree, I do think clothes matter. Not in a "wow, you have fancy clothes" kind of way, but just wearing something that you look good in, and are comfortable in, and that suit you. Newer clothes do tend to look better than older, faded, worn out clothes, so there is that. But you don't want to look try hard either. Just jeans and a white t-shirt can be great if the guy looks good in them.

Maybe she's saying that if the girl isn't attracted to him, clothes aren't going to matter. And that is probably true, but a first impression is always a good thing.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you tell her that? Just flexing? Sounds like you want to increase your SMV, but these statements in general do the opposite, because if you're really that type that has women coming over a lot, you don't talk about it.

Again, why did you ask her that? Why display insecurity about your attractiveness? Why point out your frustration? None of that will arouse her. Even if you're not trying to seduce her, why put your self esteem on display like that?

With regards to the question, I'd say, "Clothes do make the man", but the clothes / style has to be congruent with your personality.
AA is 100% correct on this!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100% disagree. Face>>>>everything.
Both are more important than clothes. That's the purpose of this thread.

Clothes might be more important than a Rolex. For what it would cost to obtain a Rolex, a man could buy a lot of good clothes and shoes. We have discussed Rolexes at length in the thread below.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an extreme example, but they did a psychological experiment where the same guy dressed as a homeless person and in a suit and see how people react when he faints in the street. In the suit, people rushed over to help him. In the ragged clothes, people ignored him and stepped over him to continue on their way.

Clothes also tend to be identifiers. I can tell where tourists come from based on what they're wearing.

I agree that clothes are not the most important feature and you don't have to be 'in fashion', but it pays of to be 'smartly' dressed. Make sure your clothes show off your figure and posture to the greatest advantage.

I don't wear expensive brand clothes and I don't look affluent, but many women compliment me on my style.

Martyn Klook by Stanley Robben 2.jpeg
Clothes are just another way to express yourself.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't wear expensive brand clothes and I don't look affluent, but many women compliment me on my style.
Well, if you're going to wear a tortie, you're liable to get compliments.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
these statements in general do the opposite, because if you're really that type that has women coming over a lot, you don't talk about it.
That’s a major assumption.

By that rationale, if a guy goes to a store, and does not talk about girls, that means he gets a lot of girls.

If a guy talks about girls -> means he doesn’t get girls
If a guy does not talk about girls -> means he gets girls

If a guy does not talk about girls -> means he’s shy and a virgin
If a guy does talk about girls -> means he is confident and alpha

Guess it depends what day of the week it is.

Again that’s an assumpton.

I am spending my money. I wanted her to say “Yes, you are right, it doesn’t matter, I’ll give you 50% off.”

Your are looking your own point of view without looking at mine. Instead of saying “Nice try, you tried to get a discount.” You say “Why display your insecurity about attractiveness?”

Interesting how you go right to the self confidence / put down issue rather than any other issue. It’s all about perspective.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank, Dusty, and Billy all said clothes mattered....every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man. I bet those dudes got as much pu$$y as they wanted.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am spending my money. I wanted her to say “Yes, you are right, it doesn’t matter, I’ll give you 50% off.”

Your are looking your own point of view without looking at mine. Instead of saying “Nice try, you tried to get a discount.” You say “Why display your insecurity about attractiveness?”

Interesting how you go right to the self confidence / put down issue rather than any other issue. It’s all about perspective.
This is you trying to get a discount?
Near the end, I told the Mexican girl “I got a girl coming to stay with me from overseas so I thought I get some new stuff, but really do clothes matter? I mean, if the guy is not tall, does the girl really care about his clothes?”
Sorry, I didn't know you were speaking some code for getting 50% off. Sounds to me like you're trying to impress the shop girl.

That’s a major assumption.
By that rationale, if a guy goes to a store, and does not talk about girls, that means he gets a lot of girls.
If you feel the need to tell a shop girl about a girl staying with you, you indicate to her it's not a usual thing for you that women stay at your apartment. In the PUA lingo, you were qualifying for her ("women are attracted to me, see?") instead of getting her to qualify for you. Men who have enough sex don't feel the need to mention that to shop girls.

However, my 'thoughts' that you asked for in the first post obviously don't mesh with your self-image as an experienced seducer, so just disregard my opinion and carry on. Good luck.