Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

closing idea

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been thinking about this method of closing I've been using lately. The more I think about it the more I like it.I know, I know...the standard party line is "What's your home phone number?" (Doc Love's classic line)What seems more natural to me (and to work a bit better for my purposes) is to say, "Do you have pen and paper?"

Think about it in the context of the possible responses.

She says yes/pulls out the pen and paper and writes her number down.
She's into you. She knew why you were asking and didn't give it a second thought. Expect good results on the phone call.
(if she's not into you, or a bit flaky, she'll be more likely to have one of the other responses below)

It's also a bit more ****y if it works out this way, because you are *assuming* you are getting the number, not asking for it.

She pulls out pen and paper and hands it to you.
She has no clue why you are asking. The thought of dating you hasn't crossed her mind most likely. Or she expects you to give her your number.

You can follow with *handing it back to her* "No, not for me. For you to write your number down."

Oh don't you hate the "why" question. At this point I'd just bail.

She doesnt have pen and paper, or is missing one of them.
Judge her response. Does she look around for some? Does she offer an alternative?

If not, if all you get is a "No, sorry." You can follow with "Ok, no problem" and walk away. If she doesn't stop you, take it as a rejection.

If she is on the fence with her interest level, she might stop you with the "Why" question at this point or offer something else.

--

Overall I think it's a good way to judge their interest and lower the amount of fake numbers you get. It makes it easier for her to say "no" without having to really truly reject you (in her mind).

In my mind if you make it easy for her to say no, you won't waste your time/money later.

-A

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

[This message has been edited by Amlothi (edited 10-13-2002).]