Close call at work

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if any of you can relate to this, or offer any insight. A few days ago, I had a close call at work. The whole accident happened extremely fast, under 1 second I image. It's just a stroke of luck I didn't die.

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about it, even a few days later. I was very shaken up afterwards. Part of me is just thankful I was 'lucky', another part of me is just thinking about life in general. How quickly things can change, when you least expect it. How we take a lot of things for granted in life.

I guess this is a good time to tell the folks around me how much I care about them.

I don't want to tell them what happened though, because it would just make them worry.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Not sure if any of you can relate to this, or offer any insight. A few days ago, I had a close call at work.

Part of me is just thankful I was 'lucky', another part of me is just thinking about life in general. How quickly things can change, when you least expect it. How we take a lot of things for granted in life.

I guess this is a good time to tell the folks around me how much I care about them.

Mr. P. I can totally relate. You know part of my history and were actually a big part of my recovery along with many others here.

Thinking about life in general is part of this existential crisis. The bigger picture tries to reveal itself and has a way of making our old thinking irrelevant and shallow.

We do take a lot of things for granted in life like family, our friends and our health. When a near-death experience strikes the true nature of these relationships is revealed. It is surprising yet heart warming at the same time.

My advice is to tell your loved ones how you truly feel about them then let it go. They will appreciate it. When I was still sensitive after my bout with the Grim Reaper, I told my dear ones how much I loved them. Those were special moments for me and the recipients of my respect and appreciation. It was always understood that I loved them and they me yet saying it was like a burden lifted from a selfish soul that was too big a coward to tell them.

Life is an incredible journey with many twists of fate to challenge our being. Only the lucky few get a second chance to take life to the next level. There's a reason for this. Embrace it. Knowing you, I'm sure you will.

Respect!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way to tell them is to show them. Verbalizing is easy. The gift of time and attention is invaluable.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, folks.

It still gives me goosebumps, and I went through really thinking hard about my career and for a bit there, was questioning if it was worth it. Yet, I absolutely love my job, so felt pulled in different directions.

I had some indepth conversations with a few coworkers about what happened. We've found some ways where we can do this aspect of our jobs safer. I say safer, because it will never be safe, so to speak.

So, we've learned from this incident and are moving forward in the right direction.

I appreciate the responses, and they've helped. Anonymous forums can be a true blessing to get things off of our chests.