Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cinderella Man

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
You are missing the point. It is based on what he did.

What about "the golden boy", or Pernell "sweet pea" Whitaker. Do they sound tough? Man, I am sure I could go through and find some crazy alias' if I jogged my memory enough. Cindarella man is really not that bad at all.
Who gives a fvck? I'm not down playing the movie. The name made me and about 100 other people laugh when we heard it and that's it. People are so defenisve here, it's like I just called someone's mom a s1ut... damn chill out people

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunnyCide
Who gives a fvck? I'm not down playing the movie. The name made me and about 100 other people laugh when we heard it and that's it. People are so defenisve here, it's like I just called someone's mom a s1ut... damn chill out people
Not defensive, just feel like starting a debate. Looks to me like you the one getting defensive......... :cheer:

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't care if a boxer choses a lame name for himself. it's kinda funny seeing someone with a weak nickname beat the f*ck out of people. like winky wright lol.

still man, Ridd!ck "Big Daddy" Bowe and Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield had the coolest nicknames. Andrew "The Dirty Pole" Golota would be my 3rd fav lol. Hey that's what u get for using low blows so often lol.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best movie I've seen all year. I can't understand why it's flopping in the box office.

The only thing that bothered me was how Max Baer was mirepresented in the movie. His children should be pissed off.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
Alright but in terms of inspirational boxing movie, is this movie better then ROCKY???
all 5 rockies combined have nothing against cinderella man....Cinderella man was the ****, is such a good movie.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Movie Review- Cinderella Man

Originally posted by cinephile

To get back to the oppinion, though, it was okay overall. It is a high quality production with good acting. Women will probably like it more than men. It is essentially a man's film made for women.
i couldnt disagree more with this. Cinderella man protrayed the real values that a real man and a husband should have. Im ****ing sick of the media and people that value homosexuality, feminism, and everything that goes along the lines of that, than moral values, family unity and the real roles of the husband and a wife. In the movie jim braddock fought through the depression, he did everything he could to keep providing to his family, he worked with a broken hand, he kept from eating so his daughter could eat more, he was determined to get his family through, and he did it. If anything men should take a lesson out of this film.

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Explanation

Its a Man's film made for women because of the following

The initial subject matter is about a boxer. Boxing is traditionally a man's sport and is very brutal.

Russel Crowe is considered by most to be very Masculine. You don't see him taking crap from anyone.

A great deal of the film is about his struggle to win the heaveyweight chapionship. This sense of extreme competition is also considered to be very masculine.

All of these masculine themes are tempered by the Femimine ones.

The great love James Braddock has for his wife and family.

This love goes so far that he will demean himself to begging (not very manly), take crap from the Max Baer Sr., and generally make his wife's interest become his primary focus.

Now of course he does these things on his own terms and is successful. But it is these themes which really drive the film. Naturally, they would also be of most interest to women because it reinforces the values that they hold in general. That of being mother, wife, lover, the emotional half of a couple.

The film is slightly AFC but really it is in spirit of trying to show sometimes you have to be for the greater good.

I hope this makes a little more sense.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so great love that a man might have for his own family is considered AFC....ha ha ha, what the **** are you talking about? the begging part, ok ill give that to you that was kinda bad, but lets see what you do if you were living in the greatest depression this country has ever seen and you were trying to hold your family together, but its winter in NJ and the ****ing electricity bill hasnt been paid. considering the circumstances, it was not such a bad thing to do then.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Best movie I've seen all year. I can't understand why it's flopping in the box office.

The only thing that bothered me was how Max Baer was mirepresented in the movie. His children should be pissed off.
I read a review of the movie that said the same thing, and apperently his childeren (or grandchilderen) are pissed off. The one bio I read about him certainly does say that he was misrepresented in the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Baer

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I want to see the movie...looks decent. Kinda funny though all these people laughing at the name. It's like "oh my gah his name is Cinderella man so he cant be very MANLY."

I mean really...give it up.

Comedy....pure comedy.